Kyaiktiyo Hotels

Our Members Say

• phopaing profile photo phopaing
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Golden Sunrise Hotel: Terriable Hotel

1st I booked 2 room with deposit.
But my friend are not free to go with us.
So request hotel to sold out 1 for us.
Reception help us, sold it, by taking our room key.
The manager take our room charge and will be give back to us when we check out.
When we check out, they told us to take room charges in Yangon office.
Finally no one care our phone calls.
SO BE CARE OF POOR MANAGER AND MANAGEMENT TEAM

• Rupertpb profile photo Rupertpb
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Kyaiktiyo Hotel: The Worst Ever

The room was terrible, considering the price. Breakfast was served as if cattle were feeding. But the worst thing about this hotel is the series of guest robberies that has occurred over the last few years. I was one of the victims. And the thief was a hotel worker...took my money and my passport, breaking into my room while I was asleep. When I reported that these things had been stolen from the room, the manager told me it was impossible and refused to help. With my Burmese friend, I went to the local police who told us that a number of guests had been robbed recently at this hotel. I was lucky...my friend's sister-in-law happened to be the highest ranking police woman in the country. Thus, this particular crime was solved rather quickly. Unfortunately, I did not get my money or passport back until my next trip to Burma...so had to go through all the paperwork of getting a new passport, etc.
If you are going to Kyaiktiyo, DO NOT STAY at the Kyaiktiyo Hotel. The nearby Mountain Top Hotel is much nicer and guests are treated as if they really were guests. The difference between the two hotels is night and day.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written February 18, 2010

• hydronetta profile photo hydronetta
  • Reviews: 903

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Golden Rock hotel: Not the best solution

We spent the night in this hotel for $48 per night for a double inclusive of typical european breakfast. The room we stayed in was nothing special and as it was the most expensive accommodation we had in Myanmar I can't consider it good value. The problem with this hotel is that though it is an easy walking distance from the base where the trucks end their trip, it's a tiring 40 minutes walk up to the top. Therefore not so convenient if you wish to visit the pagoda several times. The Kyaiktiyo Hotel (more expensive) and the Mountain Top Hotel (equal in price) are both situated next to the pagoda making therefore more convenient base to enjoy the Golden Rock.
In general keep in mind that accommodation close to pagoda is expensive. For budget option look at Kinpun village but you have to suffer going up and down with the trucks.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written January 4, 2007

• WStat profile photo WStat
  • Reviews: 490

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Golden Rock Hotel,Kyaiktiyo: Foggy Jungle !

After a 45 minutes drive uphill towards the golden rock on an open truck, seated on a wooden pole , you arrive at the end of the street. Here porters will awayt you and carry your lugagge (dont take too much for your short stay!) to the hotel, a steep walk of about 5 minutes. If you want a very hot hiking-experience, you can walk up the old pilgrimage-path right from Kinpun Base in about 4-5 hours.
The hotel is basic, but clean with nice rooms, a simple restaurant with good food and superb views down the valley and up to the Golden Rock

Placed in the middle of rainforest, with grand views
From the hotel either a steep path, crossing some villages or a paved, very steep "road" (only for walking purposes) leads up to the Golden Rock in about one hour.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Hiking and Walking, Arts and Culture, Religious Travel
  • Written August 21, 2006

Golden Rock Hotel

• thelittlevoice profile photo thelittlevoice
  • Reviews: 226

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Kyaikhto Hotel: Kyaikhto Hotel

I stayed at this hotel all 3 times I've been there. I heard people saying how bad it was and stuff but I've stayed at a lot worse before so I actually think it was great. Bathroom has hot water. Good food, fresh air to breathe...what else can you ask for? They now have an internet too!

The only country style hotel on Kyaikhtiyo Hill where Kyaikhto pagoda is located and surrounded by magnificent scenic beauty of Mt.Kyaikhtiyo.

• Related to: Religious Travel
  • Written March 17, 2005
Tip Photo

• vuzu profile photo vuzu
  • Reviews: 174

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Kyaiktho Hotel: BEWARE WHEN YOU"RE NOT AROUND

I spent two nights stay at this Kyaiktho Hotel which has a great view of the golden rock. There're only two hotels in Kyaiktiyo, Hill Top and Kyaiktho hotel. And Kyaiktho hotel offer me USD15 for a single.
It's a very simple room with a bed, NO bathroom attached. I have to use the communal bathroom which I would say DIRTY.

**SOMEONE BROKE INTO MY ROOM ON THE SECOND DAY. FORTUNATELY, NOTHING VALUABLE THINGS BEEN STOLEN EXCEPT MY DIGITAL CAMERA MEMORY CARD. **

PLEASE KEEP YOUR VALUABLE ITEMS AT THE RECEPTION WHEN YOU'RE NOT AROUND.

I would say Kyaiktho Hotel could be the most expensive stay during my trip in Myanmar.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Backpacking
  • Written March 4, 2005

View From Kyaiktho Hotel

• cochinjew profile photo cochinjew
  • Reviews: 1735

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Golden Sunrise Hotel: fairly new hotel in Kyaitkyo

Managed by a nice team of young men, many from Bagan, very welcoming and friendly hotel close to the base camp of the Pagoda on the Rock

friendly staff. would make mohinga for you for breakfast rather than the bland western breakfast

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written April 18, 2004
Tip Photo

sunrise at golden sunrise hotel

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful