Nyaung Oo, Bagan, Myanmar
Agoda.com Asiatravel.com

More about Bagan

LOCAL CROWDED CITY BUSLOCAL CROWDED CITY BUS

SUNSET ON THE LAKESUNSET ON THE LAKE

A GOOD INSECT AND MOSQUITO RELLANT IS A MUSTA GOOD INSECT AND MOSQUITO RELLANT IS A MUST

NECCESARY AND HANDY TOILET ITEMS TO CARRYNECCESARY AND HANDY TOILET ITEMS TO CARRY

need guide(non professional) in bagan during 13-19 feb08

by rungtip

Hi,

I and my husband will be in Bagan during 13-19/02/08 we would like to have someone who can speak english to help us communicate with locals, we pay your reasonable wage include meal,student is also welcome.

please email me at iamrungtip@hotmail.com

Re: need guide(non professional) in bagan during 13-19 feb08

by Mique

You'll find plenty of people available once you're in Bagan. I'm not sure there are guides on VT that are specialised in Bagan. Some locals are guides but i think they operate from Yangon.

Re: need guide(non professional) in bagan during 13-19 feb08

by kopwint

In Bagan,
hire a horse cart,and you just talk with him and if you thinik his skill of speaking is good for you , hire go around trip,and they are local who every day intouch every where,and even they know hidden beauty places than guide from other places,

Travel Tips for Bagan

360 degree views

by Hewer

There are so many points in Bagan where you have 360 degree views of pagodas and temples. It is much more dramatic than you could imagine or even a map could indicate. I was constantly surprised here!

This is a ground view from Dhammayangyi Temple. You can see the Pyathada Pagoda in the distance on the right hand side.

Stock Exchange Lottery.

by euzkadi

All the villages has a small tea shop where the people gather to see television and playing a kind of lottery using the Thai stock numbers as wining numbers. The Burmese ‘two-digit’ illegal lottery scheme is based on the last two digits of the closing price of the Thai stock exchange index and is released four times a day on Thai TV channels, which is also received in Myanmar.

Puppets in Bagan

by AyurinHiro

We visited a Burmese restaurant with our VT friends in Bagan.

Bagan is famous for puppet shows.
Thanks to Shweyoo, we could enjoy the puppet show.
The puppets are really beautiful... their faces, their costume...
I tried to work a puppet.
Oh, but it was more difficult than I imagined...
Hehehe :-)

Life in Ayeyarwaddy river

by hydronetta

From our hotel which had a excellent view over the river, we had the chance to see scenes from the hard daily life along Ayeyarwaddy river.
Similar images can be seen when you visit Lokananda temple in New Bagan

Villages between the pagodas

by tremendopunto

I read that the government re-located many villages out of the pagoda area. But on the outskirts of the Bagan area there are still some villages left. On my search for the Pyathada Paya I got lost with my bike and passed two villages that must have been Minnanthur and West Pwasaw. From the bamboo houses you can tell life isnt easy here.

Comments