Nyaungu Hotels

Our Members Say

• herzog63 profile photo herzog63
  • Reviews: 2254

Large Golden Pot: Across from the Big Pagoda

The guest house is right across the street from the Large Chedi that is right at the intersection of the Bagan-Nyaung U and Anawrahta Rd as you arrive into town.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Road Trip, School Holidays
  • Written April 26, 2003
Tip Photo

Big Pagoda

• herzog63 profile photo herzog63
  • Reviews: 2254

Large Golden Pot: Great Guy!

The Large Golden Pot put me off at first. My bus stopped at it as we entered Nyaung U and the owner came onto the bus to ask if anyone wanted to stay there. There was about 6 of us foreigners on the bus and none of us looked interested. The guy explained that his rates where $4 per night /person clean,Aircondition,Free Breakfast,Shower in the room, but nobody was interested. Actually I had no idea where I was! I didn't know if I was 50 feet from the bus stop or 50 miles as I'd been on the bus for 12 hours! I didn't know where I wanted to stay. But I didn't want to be too far from Old Bagan. So we continued the way to the bus stop! About 45 seconds!! Hahaha Everyone got off the bus and there were rickshaw drivers there hounding the passengers to go to their guesthouses and I found a rickshaw that had a guesthouse that cost US$4 /person clean,Aircondition,Free Breakfast,Shower in the room. He charged 100 Kyat (US$.11cents) for the ride. Guess where he took us?? Right back to where we were! The Large Golden Pot! LOL It was a pleasant place and the guy charged all of my rechargeable batteries for Free!

Clean,Aircondition,Free Breakfast,Shower in the room. LOL Watch out for the Air-con as it could be cold if you leave it on all night. I usually just like to cool the room down and then turn it off but I made the mistake one night of leaving it on all night and I got a chest cold!
So if you bus stops here and you want a fairly cheap place to stay. Go for it!

• Opinion of Price: about average