Hupin Khaung Daing Resort

Nyaung Shwe Twp, Inle Lake, Myanmar

More about Inle Lake

Nyaungschwe, Inle LakeNyaungschwe, Inle Lake

WATCH OUT..WATCH OUT..

by Osobní fotogalerie - Lubomír Prause (Czhec)by Osobní fotogalerie - Lubomír Prause (Czhec)

IN THE RICE PADDIESIN THE RICE PADDIES

Best value + fun Hotel

by j_tyszk

I will be travelling in the Inle Lake area in February 2007 - I will be with my threee teenage children (13 - 17) and would appreciate some advixce on where to stay. I am not looking for western style luxury - more rustic charm and authenticity. thanks.

RE: Best value + fun Hotel

by kopwint

Just Inle lake guest house that is we have 2 in there.One is really expensive name (G I )golden Island hotel,That I heard from one's story,when they stay in there place is really nice around are water,and when you are in toilet you can hear dropping sound,:D,at night some say noise by boat passing,
another is Golding city,they build by wooden hut,nice area and safe at night,That I know in Inle,
wish happy in Inle lake

RE: Best value + fun Hotel

by bangdong

Best place to stay would be in Nyaungshwe. That's where most of the smaller and mid-range guesthouses and hotels are located. If you stay on the lake itself, the hotel choices are limited to large - and expensive - government-run places.

RE: RE: Best value + fun Hotel

by planxty

For reasons explained in my tip, I haven't really got a specific recommendation, although I would agree Nyaungshwe is the best bet.

I just wanted to post to commend you on taking your children to travel like this. I wish I'd had the opportunity at that age. Nice one.

If yoy need any advice other than guesthouses, please feel free to VT mail me or have a look at my pages. I'll try to help if I can.

fergy.

Travel Tips for Inle Lake

Map Of Inle

by vuzu

Hope this map could give some hints when you're in Inle.
Nyaung Shwe is where Inle Lake located. All the buses will end either in Heho or Shwe Nyaung. You need to take a local transport from Heho to Nyaung Shwe then.

Cool Building

by herzog63

I don't know what this building was for but I just liked it. It is right on the canal. Alot of the boat drivers hang out near hear trying to round up customers. I didn't find them to be very pushy. They would ask if you wanted a ride in a friendly way and if you didn't want a ride just say no. They didn't keep going after you like some places that I have visited.

In the Post Office

by illa

So I went into the post office, as well as the officer's home. The desk by the door is the working place.
I said I wanted to send a post card to China (actually to myself). He said with a smile, "Ok."
"How much is it?" I aksed him.
"30kyat."
That's the same price as in other cities.
"I'd like one stamp please." I then took out my post card.
He looked at my card, looked at me, said, "I'm afraid you can't do it."
"Why not?"
He took out a big sheet of stamps and explained shyly, "I only have 2 kyat stamps. You'll have to need 15. See, altogether they are larger than your post card."
I couldn't help laughing.
Finally I said, "Ok so I'll have to act as a postperson myself. Can I buy one and you stamp it on my card?"
However, I bought 5 stamps, as how can you spend kyat note less than 10?
When I came back, I found the stamps a very good souvenir.

Cuchillos Knifes

by elpariente

Es curioso ver una fabrica de cuchillos donde te montan el especaculo de forjar a "cuatro" martillos la hoja de un cuchillo

It is curious to see a knife factory where they make you the show of forging a knife with"four" hammers

Trekking in the hills

by prikje

Few people do trekking in the hills surrounding Inle Lake.
I agree that compared to Kalaw , Inle trekking doesn't offer that much but still.
At some points the nature is really impressive and when you get the panoramic view of Inle Lake on top of a hill its worth the effort.
We paid 12$ for us 2, you have to pay 4000 Kyat for the boat back to Nyaungshwe.

Comments