3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Inle Lake, Myanmar
Agoda.com Otel.com

More about Inle Lake

NECCESARY AND HANDY TOILET ITEMS TO CARRYNECCESARY AND HANDY TOILET ITEMS TO CARRY

Sankar villager bringing goods(wood) by oxen cart.Sankar villager bringing goods(wood) by oxen cart.

By Osobní fotogalerie - Lubomír Prause (Czhec)By Osobní fotogalerie - Lubomír Prause (Czhec)

Fisher man from inle lake,Fisher man from inle lake,

Travel Tips for Inle Lake

Quackers

by herzog63

There were lot's of ducks and chickens running around most of the houses. I saw lots of chickens for sale and chicken dishes but I didn't see duck dishes at restaurants. Maybe I didn't look close enough to notice but I wanted to try some of the duck dishes so I must have missed them.

The Smallest Post Office I've Seen

by illa

I asked our boatman where I could post my post cards and he said there actually was one on the lake, so I asked him to bring me there on the way back to the Cottage.
The house looks no difference at all from any other houses on the lake. The head of the office who is the only staff came to help us "park" the boat.

Mercado cada 5 dias 5 Day market

by elpariente

Tanto en el lago como en otras zonas de Myanmar los mercados de los pueblos tienen una cadencia de 5 dias, asi que los cinco pueblos principales de la zona alternan la fecha del mercado, variando el dia de la semana .
Estos mercados con gran colorido son muy importantes para su economia
Nosotros visiyamos el mercado de Maing Thauk

In the lake and in other Myanmar areas villages markets have a days cadence. The five more important villages in the area alternate the market day , changing the day in the different weeks
This colourfull markets are very important for their economy
We visited the Maing Thuang market

Rain and cold

by albaaust

Umbrella and torch- we travelled in July and it was very misty. Our longboat driver did have umbrellas for us. If you want to go walking by yourself however, you will need to have a jumper(it gets quite cool too!) and a torch as the villages have very little street lighting. See also footpaths

Indein Village

by herzog63

If you have the time I feel the village of Indein is well worth a visit! It is about 5 Kms from Ywama accessed by a small river. I was charged an extra 1000 Kyat for the excursion which was worth it to me. We had a wonderful 2 hours there. The 400 Pagodas are very magical. When I was there with my son there wasn't anyone else around so we had a special experience walking amongst the old ruins.
You can read more about our fun on my Indein page.

Comments