Nyaungshwe Hotels

Our Members Say

• aukjejetty profile photo aukjejetty
  • Reviews: 443

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Joy Hotel: Best View in Town

This is by far the most wonderful guesthouse I stayed at in Myanmar. After arriving in the early evening. I fortunatly went to bed early, because of that I woke up around 5am. I decided to sit outside on the balcony. What I saw was as a like a big surprize! I witnessed the first boats comming in to bring in their goods, or to bring people into town.

I saw boats loaded with tomatoes, boats loaded with squashes, boats loaded with eggplants, boats loaded with mixed vegetables, and ofcourse boats full of people of all sorts. It was the best morning I experienced in that 5 month long Asia travel! From then on, I sat there every morning watching the 'traffic' come in and unloading their goods.

People had told me that Joy Hotel would be noisy, well... I certainly do not considered those boats in the morning (they do have a motor) as noise. I guess it all depends on what you are in town for.

This place is the most unique place because of its location, it is right there at the beginning (or end) of the canal. It is where the boats come in, and where they unload, all to be seen from their balcony. I couldn't imagine a better place to stay.

The rooms are basic, but there are choices between fan or air-con, and there is a great fresh fruit breakfast. The manager and his wife are terrific, very sweet and helpful. And where in the world does the staff make you hot rice-soup when you are suffering from high-fever?

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Backpacking, Arts and Culture, Budget Travel
  • Written August 28, 2004

Joy Hotel's Balcony

• WStat profile photo WStat
  • Reviews: 490

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Paradise Hotel Nyaungshwe: Simple, but enough for an overnight:

A nice, but rather basic and cheap hotel, but equipped with all necessary amenities, showers, TV etc.Superior rooms with bath.

Centrally located, close to Nyaungshwe market. Very good restaurant with excellent chinese food !

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Architecture, Arts and Culture, Historical Travel
  • Written August 24, 2006
Tip Photo

• euzkadi profile photo euzkadi
  • Reviews: 1849

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Amazing Nyaungswhe Hotel.

Loacated in front of a small channel this hotel has confortable rooms with a small balcony and a nice restaurant in the garden, very well situated one block from the city main street. Friendly staff, recommended.

Clean rooms, nicely decorated and with good bathrooms.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written June 8, 2010
Tip Photo

• prikje profile photo prikje
  • Reviews: 81

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Nanda Wunn hotel: Nanda Wunn Nyaungshwe

We arrived in Nyaungshwe around 4 pm so plenty of time to check out several different places to sleep 3 nights.
After having compared about 10 hotels/guesthouses we drove back to Nanda Wunn and after some hagging over the price (which is starting to be become a hobby of me).
18$/ superior room

Cosy porch , friendly staff but thats the case almost everywhere in Myanmar.
Quiet location , beautiful teak wooden floor.
The sheets were to short so I woke up cold feeted.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written March 16, 2006

Nanda Wunn front

• Williebobs profile photo Williebobs
  • Reviews: 37

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Teak Wood: Good room....

Strange place. Very pleasant people, but they wouldn't leave us alone when it to touting for 'tourist activities'. She had managed to fall out with all the locals in town because she wouldn't pay commission to rickshaws etc We thought this was fair enough, but then found out how harsh she was to the locals. For example, we took a boat ride and paid her to arrange it (daft I know). She kept almost all the money and gave a tiny amount to this boat paddler who was very nice. She was just really greedy, basically, but the rooms were very good.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average