Battambang, Cambodia

Agoda.com Expedia.com Booking.com

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Very new!

I had wanted to stay at the Royal Hotel when I arrived in Battambang but they were full but luckily the owner/manager said he had another hotel nearby and showed me a leaflet where the rooms looked too good to be true. On top of this, he offered me a lift there along with another couple who I shared a car with from the Thai border, even though it was very close by. It's located a couple of minutes walk, north of the covered market near the Asia Hotel.

The hotel has a very nice lobby and looked brand, spanking new when I was there in December 2008. My room had a ceiling fan, a beautifully, large carved wooden bed, wardrobe, fridge, cable TV, mirror, desk, a/c, and a very clean and modern bathroom with a hot water shower - all for US$10! The staff are nice and friendly and they booked a ticket on the fast boat to Siem Reap for me.

• Carino's Profile Photo

Star Hotel

Thinking about Star Hotel I can only think of Wood. Many parts of the hotel are built in wood.
    This makes it feel comfy on one hand, but seems a bit heavy on the other side. Biggest downside of the hotel is the missing elevator combined with a narrow staircase.

Rooms come with Air Con, TV, Fridge and Hot Water Showers. Prices are ranging from USD 10 to USD 48. Star Hotel was one of the few places accepting Visa.

There is also a small restaurant on the rooftop, but the view doesn't give you much. Food is ok, but service is a bit slow which might be a problem for breakfast, if you have to rush for a tour or so.

Unique Quality: Well located, just about three blocks from central market.

• sachara's Profile Photo

Brand new hotel

Because the Royal Hotel was fully booked we were brought to the brand new Star Hotel a few blocks more north. The hotel was perfect and the staff was very friendly. But because it was still brand new, it had not any atmosphere yet.

In november 2005 there was no restaurant, but they said in a couple of months a restaurant at the rooftop will be opened. For breakfast we went to the restaurant at the opposite of the street which opened its doors every morning at 6am. For lunch or dinner we went to the rooftop restaurant of Royal hotel or somewhere else in town.

Unique Quality: We had a room at the 4th floor, but there are no elevators in the hotels in Cambodia where we have stayed. There was a good working airco, private toilet and shower. It took some explanation, how to remove the plug from the wash-basin....just push down.

Directions: Hotel Star is one block south of hotel Asia at the same side of the street and two blocks northwest of the central market.

Comments