Khett Kampot Hotels

Our Members Say

• davidjo profile photo davidjo
  • Reviews: 1894

BLISSFUL GUEST HOUSE: lots of info here

Blissful Guest House is long established and you will not only meet fellow travellers but it is frequented by ex-pats who are residing in the town. The rooms are cheap, the garden relaxing and the staff are friendly, what more do you want? Hammocks and chairs to relax on are dotted around the garden, and inside there is a small bar and restaurant which serves good food. The GH is within walking distance of the town centre.

• Written May 18, 2012

• Traneman618 profile photo Traneman618

Long Villa Guesthouse: Best Budget Accommodation in Kampot

I've been in Southeast Asia for the past year, including the past 6 weeks on the road throughout Cambodia and Laos. I can say without hesitation, that Long Villa guesthouse is the best place I've stayed at. I stayed here for 3 weeks in August (2009) while I volunteered at a local school. I paid $4 a night and had my own single room and bathroom. The guesthouse itself is set back from the road, quiet and very pleasant. The food overall is good and it's cheap (trust me I ate it for 3 weeks!). The first day they drove me to my old GH to pick up my luggage, and halfway through I made a trip to Kep, and they let me keep all my stuff in the room and just didn't charge me the night.

Anyways, I don't often post criticisms or praise for things I do or places I've seen, but I knew I had to with this place.

good food, internet, quiet, great service.

• Written September 4, 2009

• korehan profile photo korehan
  • Reviews: 7

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Botanica: get green in Kep...

a few very basic bungalows lost in a jungle-like garden (hence the name), a bar with (battered) pool table. it's a bit out of town, no hot water.

and it's great... friendly people, cheap (8$/night), lush, plenty of interesting fauna, nice atmosphere at the bar

english-french-dutch-khmer spoken.

just don't forget your earplugs as the poultry and pigs in the neighborhood tend to be a bit noisy a bit early in the morning. we ate "vol au vent" (a typical chicken-based belgian meal) and pork but they were still there the next day.

free wi-fi

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, Jungle and Rain Forest
  • Written January 4, 2009

• MarcellaNijkerk profile photo MarcellaNijkerk

Rikitikitavi: Best Accommodation in Kampot

How lucky was I to have my room overbooked elsewhere in Kampot, I now ended up in one of Rikitikitavi's lovely rooms. Really just what I needed: a decent matress for starters. I had eaten some crab in Kep earlier in the day I was suffering from a bit of a dodgy stomach. Well, the owners and the staff couldn't have been friendlier. And even better, I could spend the evening in my room watching loads of DVD's that the owners let you watch for free. Well, I know better things to do on holidays, but once you suffer from a little bug, you're really happy with something to divert your thoughts. The rooms were stunningly clean, had brand-new everything (like a/c, fan, hot shower etc).

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Seniors, Family Travel
  • Written February 28, 2007

• mikegr profile photo mikegr
  • Reviews: 141

Bokor Hostel: Spend The Night In Bokor National Park

This is a wonderful NP which really deserves an over night stop.

At the top you will find the basic, hostel style accomodation (make sure you bring your own food - kitchen facilities are available).

It is basic but adequate.

The location is what makes this place so special. There is nowhere else to stay in the National Park.

It will fall short of the standards of many people, but for the opportunity to spend a night in this haunting place are you really going to turn your nose up at it????

• Related to: National/State Park
  • Written August 26, 2004

• Lesgirl profile photo Lesgirl

Little Garden Bar Guesthouse: Best value Guesthouse in Kampot

I have stayed in many establishments in S.E Asia and some very dubious ones! This place offered excellent value at $5 per double room per night. I had my own bathroom and a fan. The staff were one big happy family and I was made to feel a part of it. Being built recently it was squeaky clean and right in the town and serves great food in the western run restaurant which is on the riverfront. I would thoroughly recommend this guesthouse to any travellers going to Kampot. Warning! be prepared to stay longer than planned.

Great spot for watching the sunset over the Bokor Mountain range from the roof top terrace.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Kayaking, Backpacking
  • Written July 8, 2004

View from guesthouse

Ta Eng Guesthouse: Kampot, Ta Eng Guesthouse

This is how it looks like.
There are rooms (the cheapest) in the 'main' building but the better rooms are on the right

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written March 20, 2004

Kampot, Ta Eng GH

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ta Eng Guesthouse: Kampot, the toilet could be worse (or better?)

The toilets and shower are very primitive but relatively clean.
You have to pour (cold) water from a reservoir to wash you or to clean up after the toilet session

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written March 20, 2004

Kampot, Ta Eng GH

Kampot, Ta Eng Guesthouse: Kampot, splendid backpacker's place

Ta Eng is the oldest guesthouse in Kampot and probably has the oldest owner too.
The man is extremely friendly and is keen to chat and give you all the information you may need.
The nice building - in a quiet street - has rooms for US 4$ without bath but around the courtyard you get spacious rooms with bathroom for just a dollar more.
In the shared bathrooms, you have to pour water out of a basin to wash you. There's a sign "Don't soak in the basin".
P.S. I forgot my new black shorts in the hotel. They're still there?

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel