Angkor Wat Hotels

Our Members Say

• richiecdisc profile photo richiecdisc
  • Reviews: 5929

Kagha Oudorm Guest Hous: Stay in nearby Siem Reap

After spending one night at a guest house suggested (rather strongly) by our motto driver into town from the boat dock, we found this entirely Cambodian affair to be just what the doctor ordered. It was simple but clean and very well located. It was also quite affordable with a double with private bath and fridge going for $7 per night. It had the bonus of a TV with HBO right in our room and for an additional $3, you could have air-conditioning. We were too cheap to buckle under but I think if I was to go back at that hot (February) time of year, I would shell out the extra bucks.

I know watching TV while traveling should be banned but after a couple months of traveling around Laos/Cambodia/Vietnam, we found the nightlife lacking. Also, when you are getting up at four in the morning each day to get into Angkor Wat, it doesn’t make much sense to drink the night away. So, to save some money, we’d get some beer and watch movies in our room or sit on the balcony and enjoy the street scene below. The fridge was a real plus as we could freeze water up for the next day. It was cheaper than buying it at the ruins and much colder too! Also, you could get great beers like ABC stout rather than drink the fairly tasteless Angkor beer.

• Related to: Beer Tasting, Budget Travel, Religious Travel
  • Written July 15, 2005
Tip Photo

the handy fridge was a highlight

• cksea profile photo cksea
  • Reviews: 50

Angkor Palm Village: Heaven on Earth

This is heaven on earth. When I first book this place, I was expecting less for the money I pay. It's newly bulit in 2003. 15 minutes to Angkorwat. Far from town. Isn't Angkor Wat the reason you are in Siem Reap? Why stay in the town?
My girlfriend and I enjoyed having candle light dinner at the pool side. With US$35, it's a 3 stars price with 5 stars+++ experience. Just wanted to recommend to the world to repay their effort in doing almost perfect for the guest.

Accom = 4 stars
Facilities = 5 stars +++ (A small swimming pool and a tower of 4 storeys high)
Service = 5 stars +++
Food = 3 stars (frankly, nothing special on food compare to everything they offered)
Value for money = 5 stars +++

Adding to the service, they waited for us quietly outside the room on the day we check out wanted to help carry our bag. They shown great courtesy. It makes our stay in Siem Reap perfect.

• Written May 10, 2004

It's heaven on earth

• mpe514 profile photo mpe514
  • Reviews: 4

Palm Village Hotel: Great Place to Stay at Angkor

They describe themselves as "a unique hotel in Siem Reap Cambodia, built wholly from local palm trees and bamboo, featuring 16 exquisite bungalows in a quiet tropical garden, "-- and I couldn't say it better. For $35 (which included airport pickup, daily breakfast, and pool usage) plus 10% tax, this place is a real gem. The owners of Bakong own this place too. Owners speak French and English. Found this place online and from making a reservation (they respond promptly to enquiries) to arriving, everything was seamless. When I was there, there was a family from France with kids, couples from Australia and Germany and some friends travelling together. I seemed to be the only solo traveller but that was just fine with me. Staff are extremely friendly and bend over backwards to help you with anything that you need. They can arrange drivers for visiting the temples or town--$5 moto, $10 tuk-tuk, $20 car (daily). Laundry service is available but they really need at least a day to do it. I stayed there for 5 nights and then in town at the much more expensive Angkor Village Hotel, which was beautiful but too expensive, especially since Palm Village is such a great place. If I hadn't reserved the last 3 days elsewhere (with a hefty cancellation penalty) I would have spent all my nights at Palm Village.

I'm trying to think of any negative points:

1. the location is outside of the town center--too far to walk (10 min. by car/tuk-tuk/moto--but nearer to the temples and the road there is pretty rough (rocky would be an understatement) but they are going to pave it soon and the staff will gladly arrange transport for you to the temples or into the town center.

2. I don't really recommend lunch and dinner there unless you are travelling with children and maybe want to eat at the same place you are staying for the sake of convenience (I ate a very late dinner there when I arrived thanks to the kind staff, and 1 lunch)--not because the food is bad--it's o.k.--but there is more variety available in town.

The bungalows are large and spacious (mine had a double bed, 2 nightstands, fan, a/c, desk, closet, mini-fridge, and large bathroom with toilet, sink and shower-- I don't remember if there was a TV or not since I never use it when I travel). The landscaping is quite beautiful with flowers and trees and some terra cotta figures. The main entrance is an open pavillion with the front desk and tables and it is where breakfast is served. There is no safe in room, but front desk will gladly put valuables in office safe.

Palm Village is in a compound surrounded a palm tree fence and is very secure. You can order your breakfast the night before and request what time you want to eat and it will be ready when you go to the pavillion. Pool is small but lovely and surrounded by chaise lounge chairs. Very quiet and tranquil.

• Related to: Historical Travel
  • Written August 13, 2005

Palm Village bungalows and pool

• prikje profile photo prikje
  • Reviews: 81

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Golden Temple Villa: Siem town relatively new hotel

I stayed twice in this hotel wich I found on www.talesofasia.com (EXCELLENT !!! info-site)
Made my reservation by e-mail and got replied correctly,they even offer a free pick-up service (airport or bus/boatstop).

If you wanna stay luxurious,take a 2 bed room,its huge and extremely comfortable.You deserve that if you come overland from Thailand.

All the restaurants and other hotels are within a 5 minute walk radius because Siem town is that small.

There is a 15 minutes free internet service,longer... you have to pay,verify your starting time yourself cause being Cambodian they can't help to try to rip you off...

They have there own bar with a good,nicely priced restaurant.If it wasn't for the lack of a good view on pedestriants strolling by,this would be a excellent restaurant to stay and not going into town.

They offer a package to see Angkor.I went on my own cause you get tuk-tuk offers every 10 meters (annoying !) if you walk on the street.

on every floor there is a balcony where you can chill and have a great view over the rooftops of Siem town.
Take a beer and good company and enjoy the setting on the balcony,it's nice !

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written April 11, 2005

front of hotel

• PPin profile photo PPin
  • Reviews: 3

Mandalay Inn: Excellent place to stay -

We selected Mandalay Inn after reading a few good review on Virtual Tourist. The outlook of the Inn is not attractive but the room are very spacious for the price that we paid. The published price is USD20 but we got it for USD16 as we stayed there for 4 days in a row. The rooms are exceptionally clean and spacious, especially if you travel in big groups. The services provided by the owner (husband and wife) and their staff are superior as we feel like coming home.
The Inn is very near to the bar street which make finding food easy. In addition, the restaurant in Mandalay Inn is also very nice... home cook food by the owner's wife.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written September 7, 2006

• Skibbe profile photo Skibbe
  • Reviews: 599

Pavilion Indochine: Great spot for local flavor

Traditional Khmer house with just eleven units and between Siem Reap and Angkor. Has most of the conveniences (hot water, AC) but in a simple setting (teak floors, mosquito nets, Khmer design) where you won't wake up, look around the room, and think you're back in your home country. The staff helps you every way they can. I got here and knew this was the kind of place I always look for when I travel.

Great spot to soak up the culture. I particularly liked the pavilion where the front desk is located for looking out and relaxing.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written January 24, 2004

View of my terrace

• konniemario profile photo konniemario
  • Reviews: 64

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Shinta Mani: Best hotel stay ever...

Shinta Mani is nice boutique-style hotel in Siem Reap. It's got only 18 rooms but each room is nicely decorated with lots of personal touch. Like they will leave a welcome note to you on your arrival or send you a goodbye note on your date of departure. Instead of the usual doorknob hanger that says "Do not Disturb" or "Please Clean Room", it says "Meditating" or "Out to Temples". Staffs are super friendly as they give you heartfelt smile when they see you. Restaurant is small but food is really good. Breakfast is even made-to-order! Spa facilities is very nice as well. Definitely somewhere we'll go stay again if we visit Siem Reap in the future.

Nice pool...cozy rooms with Asian touches. Very very nice.

• Related to: Spa and Resort
  • Written July 30, 2005

pool view from room

• kidfree profile photo kidfree
  • Reviews: 84

Day Inn Angkor Resort: Comfort Just Off The Main Road

A real find for me. This new hotel is clean, has good sized rooms and excellent bathrooms. All the rooms are in a courtyard style over two floors and overlook the superb swimming pool.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and spoke good enough English. The buffet breakfast was a great start to the day and on the occasion that I had an evening meal there the menu was varied enough and cheap by hotel standards. Internet facilities are available for a small charge

Excellent staff, always courteous and willing to chat and offer advice. Swimming pool was always good to come back to after a long day, very comfortable rooms and numerous satellite channels available. A very nice touch was the travel adaptor that coped with all the different plug types I have ever encountered, a thoughtful touch.
Ten minutes walk or two minute tuk tuk ride to town

• Related to: National/State Park, Historical Travel, Archeology
  • Written September 24, 2006

Great pool

• dfactor profile photo dfactor
  • Reviews: 216

Happy Guesthouse

You can't pay anything cheaper than this. It's only USD6 per nite for a 2-person bedroom, ceiling fan of course! Should have get air-con room, it's really hot even with the fan spinning at full speed. Friendly staff too.

Restaurant in the garden.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written June 22, 2005

• cochinjew profile photo cochinjew
  • Reviews: 1736

Mandalay Inn: Felt like coming Home

Since my last stay there, Maung and I had been in contact through email and when a chance presented to stop off in Siem Reap on my way to Hanoi ( there is a direct flight now), I jumped at the opportunity.
He had organized airport pick up and the best room was ready , neat and clean and the staff with their widest smiles and Burmese curry to boot...

Friendliness of the owner and the staff, central location, Burmese food, open air dining, reasonable price

• Written November 16, 2003

Mandalay Inn

• nptinv profile photo nptinv
  • Reviews: 6

Golden Temple Villa: Budget hotel in Siem Reap

Hotel is built Khmer style with authentic restaurant on site. Very clean and stylish. Free tea, coffee and fruit all day. Nightly big screen movie. Free internet (7 computers). Hotel is located in a side street. Not really a problem as it is only 5 min walk from Old Market where all the restaurants and shopping are.

We paid US$18/twin room ensuite with A/C (summer 2007). We had a very comfortable stay. Will definitely come back.

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Study Abroad
  • Written September 20, 2007

• SLLiew profile photo SLLiew
  • Reviews: 2381

Kor Ker Hotel Restaurant, Siem Reap: Siem Reap Budget Tourist hotel

Location near the wet market and walking distance to the river. The place was under renovation and so we got a bargain. The room was large for two with aircon and ceiling fan, attached bathroom and on ground floor.

At the reception, we could easily arranged for tour guide to Angkor as well as prepaid ticket to Phnom Penh via fast boat including transfer to the boat pickup at Tonle Sap.

Next door, the restaurant is reasonable, local Cambodia dishes with rice and popular with local business people.

• Written July 27, 2007
Tip Photo

• ukirsari profile photo ukirsari
  • Reviews: 1795

Grand d'Angkor Hotel, Royal Sofitel Angkor, etc: Stay overnight at Siem Reap

There are so many accommodations available at Siem Reap town. Only 7 km away from Angkor Wat and you can find from 5 ***** [stars] hotels 'till pension and guest house. From Grand d'Angkor Hotel, Royal Sofitel Angkor 'till Prum Bayon Hotel [see my Siem Reap page for details] with various price of course :)

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Historical Travel, Archeology
  • Written September 28, 2003
Tip Photo

Siem Reap in the morning by ukirsari

• SirRichard profile photo SirRichard
  • Reviews: 3639

Grand Hotel d'Angkor

This classical hotel has been here since 1920's. It has always been the top hotel of the area, though lately many big hotel chains are building more modern and confortable resorts.
But is charming, classy and has been recently refurbished by the Raffles group.
If you can't afford to stay here, come at least to have a drink (a tea costs 4 USD) and enjoy the ambiance of the bar.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Business Travel
  • Written September 15, 2003

The main entrance

• monina_c profile photo monina_c
  • Reviews: 346

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Two Dragons Guesthouse & Restaurant: Clean & Simple

The facilities are clean. I like the fact that the guests leave their footwear on the landing before going to the rooms. The hot water is plentiful and the bed firm. Not too crazy about the blankets though. Good thing I took my malong with me.

The owner is the one of the authors of Tales of Asia so if you need information you can tap his knowledge right where you're having your coffee if need be. The guest house is within walking distance of the old market and an ATM machine.

• Related to: Road Trip, Backpacking, Budget Travel