Khett Siem Reab Hotels

Our Members Say

• machomikemd profile photo machomikemd
  • Reviews: 7907

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Prince D' Angkor Hotel: one of the good hotels at hotel Row (2)

part two of my tips with more pictures around the Prince D' Angkor Hotel Area.

The rooms here are done in a traditonal Cambodian Decor.

the usual hotel accomodations like TV, Free Toiletries, Bottled Water, Air Condition, Bathrooms offer separate bathtubs and showers with handheld showerheads, double sinks, bathrobes, and designer toiletries. In-room refrigerators, minibars, and coffee/tea makers are provided. Supposedly non smoking rooms but they provide ash trays for guests hehehe and there is no free internet access, you have to pay for it for 3 US Dollars per hour to use the wifi and/ or the desktop PC's at the lobby.

A Caveat: the native slippers provided in the hotel room are not FREE! if you uses them, then prepare to pay 5 US dollars for it upon checking out.

• Related to: Architecture, Food and Dining, Luxury Travel
  • Written June 15, 2012

room 1

• machomikemd profile photo machomikemd
  • Reviews: 7907

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Prince D' Angkor Hotel: one of the good hotels at hotel Row (1)

this will be a two part tip with more pictures around the Prince D' Angkor Hotel Area.

The Main Hotel Row of Siem Reap is at National Road 6 and Sivatha Boulevard where most of the good hotels are located and Prince Angkor Hotel is one of them. The hotels in Siep Reap are not tall and the highest building is less than 10 stories high. this hotel is only 5 stories high in keeping with the height code of buildings in siem reap and has 222 rooms and suites plus a large swimming pool in the middle. It also has it's own spa since Siem Reap is known for many massage parlors and spa (decent ones! ok) specializing in cambodian massage. The hotel is situated in the heart of Siem Reap, Prince D Angkor Hotel and Spa is close to Lucky Mall Super Market (the only mall in siem reap), Royal Garden, and Wat Preah Prom Rath. Also nearby are Pub Street and Angkor Night Market. Also there are many Cambodian Style Tuk Tuks waiting outside for guests who want to go to Angkor Wat or other areas.

The rooms here are done in a traditonal Cambodian Decor.

• Related to: Architecture, Food and Dining, Luxury Travel
  • Written June 15, 2012

outside

• popoze profile photo popoze
  • Reviews: 118

Rose apple Siem reap: B & b

Book budget accommodation in Siem Reap, Cambodia securely online through
Travellerspoint. ... Our little piece of paradise, The Rose Apple. ... Palm
Garden Lodge & Siem Reap Tours is tropical garden in downtown of Siem Reap with Kmer
Pick up upon arrival; cell phone provided to each room to contact pre-screened, trustworthy tuk-tuk (local taxis) driversKhmer

• Related to: Historical Travel, Archeology
  • Written November 26, 2010
Tip Photo

• hcosgrave profile photo hcosgrave
  • Reviews: 14

The Villa and Hotel 89: Tours & Accommodation in Siem Reap

When I arrived in Siem Riep I engaged a very keen young guide to show me the Temples. I found a day's climbing around in 38C was very strenuous and I was so stiff after the first day that it nearly ruined the next few days. Of course I am not as fit as I used to be, and he was doing his level best. I found it was much better to do the strenuous climbing tours every second day.

I then found out about the tours organised by "The Villa" - a boutique hotel near the centre of Siem Reap - which can be booked even if you are not a guest of the hotel. (It was full when I tried to book).
Mr. Lim was our guide for the Beng Melea trip and he was excellent. He even arranged for me to explore Beng Melea in the company of a "Lara" - but she was Australian and half my age (he he)!! http://www.thevillasiemreap.com.

On alternate days Mr. Lim arranged for me to use The Villa's super luxury swimming pool which they have in a luxury bungalow complex outside town. The only costs or requirements were that I buy something at the bar - which I was very pleased to do, and the price of the tuk tuk there and back. They even "arranged" an eclipse of the sun as I lounged around the pool to keep me occupied.

I also did the Tonlee Sap lake tour with them - That time I was the only person to book this tour and they did not cancel it. My $15/20- got me a private car with driver and guide, Picnic lunch in one of the lakeside villages, my own boat with guide for the lake - it was super. I will certainly use them again.

Incidentally I stayed in "Hotel 89" which is 100 yards up the road from The Villa. This was $20- for a spotless a/c room with satellite Tv, turndown service, breakfast etc. Each time you re-entered the foyer the staff rushed over with cold towels and chilled glasses of water. I foolishly went out one night with my valuables open to view in the room - not locked or hidden as I would usually do. They were untouched, though the turndown service had been in, making my bed ready for night and tidying the room. ( They got a good cash tip each next day!!)
Again strongly recommended - www.hotel89cambodia.com

In both cases enthusiastic friendly service with a big smile, not to mention honesty in the face of what must have been great temptation.

• Related to: Photography, Historical Travel, Castles and Palaces
  • Written August 28, 2010

• imstress profile photo imstress
  • Reviews: 1973

Mandalay Inn: Mandalay Inn

Mandalay Inn is located 10 mins from pub street.

This hotel provide free pickup from airport by tuk tuk.

Very clean and you feel welcomed by the staff.

You will need to deposit your shoes at Level 1 before proceeding up to your room.

We were at Room 402 where we need to climb the steep stairs as there is no lift.

Ask for lower floors if you dont wish to climb the stairs.

This is a budget hotel so do expect a shower in the toilet and no bath tub.

They do clean the room daily, however if you need fresh towels, you will have to request.

We paid USD16 for a double room and the full amount will be collected upon check-in.

walking distance to pub street

• Written March 2, 2010

• dancinbudgie profile photo dancinbudgie
  • Reviews: 176

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sofitel Pokeethra Golf Resort and Spa: The Best!

This was the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. It was truly special. Just walking from the front entrance through the grounds and to our room was a pleasure. Everytime we walked back in I would feel relaxed and happy no matter how tired, hot, and cross I had been the moment before.
The staff here go out of their way to make you feel special. We felt at home very quickly, and were really sorry when it was time to move on.
The room was simply appointed, but very elegant. The products in the bathroom were lovely. Everything was kept immaculately cleaned. There was an enourmous pool with a swim-up bar where we would have lunch in between temple visits.
There were a number of different restaurants, including French, an English type pub, and an outdoor garden restaurant where Aspara dancers would perform of an evening.
I would recomend this hotel to anyone, and would go back myself without hesitation!

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Arts and Culture, Historical Travel, Archeology
  • Written June 13, 2009

Grounds

• stedeb profile photo stedeb
  • Reviews: 228

Somadevi Angkor: Upmarket hotel

There are so many luxury hotels mostly along the main route HWY 6 and all seem quite a distance from the city centre. However this hotel is in the main street we decided to treat ourselves at the end of our trip. We found the rooms advertised for $US70 including buffet breakfast for 2 on Wotif.com there was a problem with their internet and we werent able to book online so we asked if they would give us the same rate and they agreed. Standard style hotel rooms we had a room overlooking the pool which is beautiful. Breakfast was the usual affair with an egg chef both western and asian. They have some good set menu specials in the restaurants if you dont want to go out. They also have a good special if you just want to use their pool $US15pp to swim all day includes towel, lunch from the menu, soft drink or beer plus 1 hour massage. Given they charge $US8 to use the pool, the massage is $US10 and lunch club sanwhich and coke was $US6 good value.

Great pool area, the staff are very helpful when it comes to moving beds and unbrellas for shade. Right on the main street close to the new shopping centre easy walk to everything.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Luxury Travel
  • Written April 15, 2009

• iammon profile photo iammon
  • Reviews: 351

Tara Angkor Hotel: Luxury Hotel

This is a new luxury hotel which opened in 2007. The rooms are great. Nice size, good bathroom, TV, Safe (make sure you put everything in it otherwise you get a warning from the hotel management which we found out as we let some money out to try that got wet in a rainstorm), free water every day, in other words you should miss nothing. The breakfast buffet is huge and you can either eat it inside in the air conditioned rooms or outside in the garden area. The staff is very friendly. There is a small pool area with a bar, they have a Restaurant, gift shop and a tour information desk.
We choose the hotel as they offer free bike usage for visiting the temples. However already the taxi driver that brought us from the airport mentioned, that guests from this hotel do not bike, which is probably true. We got the impression, that we used the cooks or maids bikes. Definitely better to rent one in town.

We liked the location, which is close to the temple entrance and still you could walk to town along the river.
We thought for 60 Euros it was a great deal. Of course the guesthouses are way cheaper....

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written April 9, 2009
Tip Photo

View down from room to outside breakfast area

• extintpunk profile photo extintpunk
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Chenla Guesthouse: Great Guesthouse in Cambodia!

$5 for a double room with attached bathroom and if ya lucky you get an open corridor out side your room. loved it!

walking distance from nerby shops and Pub street! - I had alotta fun staying here!

I highly recommend it! although many japanese people frequent there!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written November 19, 2008
Tip Photo

• mitexi profile photo mitexi
  • Reviews: 8

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mandalay Inn: Highly Recommend!

I stayed at Mandalay Inn for nearly three weeks. It was a very nice stay because the hotel staff made sure that everything was going well with my visit. It was a very clean place and the restaurant that was inside the hotel had wonderful Khmer/Burmese food. The owner Maung Maung, his wife, and their two children are all very welcoming. This picture was when I went out to Karaoke with the staff and the owner for the baby girl's birthday. It was a very special night.

There is free wifi here that works well in some rooms more than others, you just have to ask. It is within walking distance to the markets and Pub street and along the river. It is also very beautiful with all of the woodwork inside and has a workout room!

• Related to: Business Travel, Budget Travel, Study Abroad
  • Written October 17, 2008

The friendly staff

• touraco profile photo touraco
  • Reviews: 116

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Prince D'Angkor: Cosy and Convenient

The hotel was tucked away from the streets so I didn't even know I have reached the hotel.

Nearby the hotel, you can find a lot of small restaurants especially Japanese and Korean food. This is also largely due to the influx of tourists from these 2 countries.

There are also a lot of massages shops on both sides of the hotel. Diagonally opposite the hotel is a newly opened mall with supermarket and some restuarants.

There is also a casino attached to the hotel.

I stayed in a deluxe room with a pool-facing balcony and the room is relatively large and the bathroom is pretty clean as well. I am a sucker for cleanliness.

The room safety box is in a good size and bathroom slippers are provided. Drinking water is supplied in the room as well as coffee and tea making facilities.

Breakfast was a mix of international and local fare. Quite good.

It was about 10mins walk to the Night Market and Center Market and 15mins walk to the Old Market/Pub street area.

If you are staying on the first level (which I was), there is no elevator so you have to walk up the stairs.

• Related to: Family Travel, Historical Travel
  • Written October 1, 2008

Deluxe Room

• muratkorman profile photo muratkorman
  • Reviews: 876

Mekong Angkor Palace: A good option for budget travellers

We enjoyed our 5-days stay here with my wife. The location was close to town center. Room was spacious and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The swimming pool was refreshing. For budget travellers, this guesthouse can be a good option.

Close to town center, swimming pool

• Written September 5, 2008
Tip Photo

• chizz profile photo chizz
  • Reviews: 451

Casa Angkor Hotel: Great hotel in Siem Reap

Really liked this hotel as it was clean, rooms were of a high standard and it was very good value for money!! Rooms have traditional furniture and the bathroom has a rainforest shower which was great! There is a small pool and a restaurant which serves breakfast (buffet style and of an acceptable standard), lunch and dinner. There is a payable internet service and staff are very friendly.

Great rooms, rainforest shower, quiet location set back from main street, nice staff, nice (but small) pool area. Great value above all!

• Written July 24, 2008

Casa Angkor Hotel, Siem Reap

• lalikes profile photo lalikes
  • Reviews: 169

Earthwalkers: Norway in Cambodia

I don't even know where to start... Minimalistic place with a pool hot enough to be a jacuzzi/sauna, however, the staff was wonderful. The rooms were $17 a night for an A/C room, which you need. You can get a room with a fan for $12 but the extra $5 bucks was worth it. Beers were $1 at the bar/reception area. Now two of my co-travelers had an issue or two but that was their problem because they didn't bring ear plugs (ha ha to Vicky and Dan). Partying went late... as it should for a couple of reasons... 1. it was their New Year celebration... 2. we were older people staying in a younger atmosphere... and 3. there was nothing around after the bars closed. Plus, there was a rooster 4 feet away that started cock a doodling doo-ing at 3 a.m. Earplugs are great. The guesthouse had a few local cows hanging by the pool, a stray puppy greeting guests and a few Tuk Tuk drivers ready to roll when you needed them. And on the eve of their New Year for $3 you could have an all you can eat (FRESH) buffet and drinks galore. Maybe they do that throughout the year but it was amazing.

Did you read above? Need I say more?

• Written July 7, 2008

Earthwalkers

• TJS1 profile photo TJS1
  • Reviews: 12

Mom's Guest House: A gem of a place

This place is amazing - ok I was threre in 2004, however the daily b&b rate was only around $20 (including airport transfers), and for another $5 per day + fuel I got a dedicated driver and tuc-tuc. If I wanted to set-off early he would bivowac in the hotel reception.

My room was well furnished with en-suite, fridge & cable tv. Mom arranged my laundry for around $1 per item.

Breakfast was served each morning - english style bacon & eggs.

Highly recommended, Please give them my regards when you visit.

Well situated in Siem Reap with money exchange, bars & eateries nearby. (No swimming Pool) .
The world really needs more hotels like this.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Architecture, Historical Travel