Phumi Siem Reab Hotels

Our Members Say

• trusmibatik profile photo trusmibatik
  • Reviews: 5

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Motherhome Guest House: siem reap best guesthouse (small hotel)

my wife and i are in our mid 70's and have been able to travel extensively throughout SE Asia over the past 5 years (thanks to AirAsia). We have stayed at 1-5* hotels and guesthouses. prior to our last visit to siem reap we read the reviews on Motherhome GH and decided to try it.
it was the best decision we ever made. Motherhome GH is absolutely outstanding and deserving of all the exellent reviews it has received.
we had the "honeymoon" room (only $2 extra). the room is about 20 sq.metre plus ensuite, has desk and chair(handy for laptop), the bed is at least 2mx2metres and very comfortable, perfect ac. the bed had a big heart made of lotus flowers with "LOVE" and in the bathtub were lotus petals and flowers.
we were met at the airport with a big sign "welcome to Motherhome, Mr......". when we arrived at the guesthouse someone was waiting with cold scented towels, they did all the paperwork while we sipped our drink.
they returned our passports and carried our luggage to our room. Motherhome is really a small hotel and NOT a converted house. the corridors are wide and spacious and everything is spotlessly clean.
downstairs is constant supply of tea/coffe and cold water at no charge and all the rooms have fast WIFI.
the breakfast was great with a good choice of dishes, asian and western.

but for us the most attractive feature of Motherhome GH was the staff. we have never experienced more attentive and courteous staff on our travels. our room was on the first floor and whenever we came down the magnificent carved wooden stairs someone from the frontdesk would rush up and assist my wife down the stairs (sadly nobody ever offered to help me although i tried very hard to get the attention of the attractive female staff))
the guesthouse works close together with some tuk-tuk drivers and prices of all worthwile trips are clearly displayed in the rooms, so there is never the hassle of arguing about prices and once we left something in a tuk-tuk the frontdesk contacted the driver and was told that the item had been found and would be returned later that day to us. every day when we returned to the hotel someone would rush out with cold towels and help us into the hotel and if it happened to be raining they would have an umbrella ready.
on one occasion i forgot to change some money and the owner drove me himself to the bank and when we left siem reap we were running a bit late so again the owner drove us in his own car to the busstation.

the people of cambodia are naturally very courteous and friendly, but it is very obvious that the management of Motherhome GH have put in a fantastic effort to train the staff.

my wife and i would like to make a practical suggestion. on the frontdesk there is a box marked "tips for staff"
we have seen this in many guesthouses, coffeeshops, restaurants etc and usually do not pay attention.

stay at Motherhome GH, enjoy all the attention you receive, look how all the staff endeavour to be of assistance and then say to yourself, "wow, all this for $20 per room" and then when you leave, put in ,say $2-$5 a day into the staff box.

we stayed 5 days and it was a privilege for us to contribute $20 to the staffbox.

when in siem reap, try Motherhome GH, you will never regret it and you will agree with all the other comments that Motherhome GH is the BEST guesthouse in SE Asia.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Museum Visits, Seniors, Budget Travel
  • Written November 1, 2010

• Maria81 profile photo Maria81
  • Reviews: 379

Le Meridien Angkor: And some more Le Meridien

Selected originally because I have the Starwood Frequent Guest card, it has proved to be a good choice for the quality of accomodation as well (although you won't spend that much time indoors when you're near Angkor, trust me!).

Room was large and comfortable, with free internet access, international TV, and all the other things you normally find in a 5* hotel. Service very friendly without being over the top (as some of the European 5* are).

Prices are way below what one would pay for a comparable hotel on the Old Continent, too.

There is a good range of shopping facilities with local souvenirs (which are of good quality), helpful concierge desk staff who can help sort out your sightseeing and have given me a few helpful suggestions as to what to do in the evenings (such as a local orchestra run by an NGO doctor).

Gym is on the smallish side, but it was pretty much always empty so it did not matter much as I did not have to wait for my turn on the machines. Pool was one of the highlights - especially in the evening with the spotlights on.

Great choice of food for breakfast, including local fruits that are definitely an exotic for a European (dragon fruit, anyone?)

Pool - you can really see that they've tried to make sure it reflects the local architecture.

Restaurants - Espcially the Italian cuisine one; very good meats, poultry and deserts. Good wine selection

• Written May 15, 2010

Hotel Pool - Perfect after a day at the temples

• Willettsworld profile photo Willettsworld
  • Reviews: 8151

Angkor Voyage Villa: Excellent options with large rooms

This is an excellent option in the guesthouse area to the west of Bar Street, across the main road. The rooms are a very good size and resemble something from a three star business hotel back home but for a fraction of the price. My room came with 2 single beds, cable TV, fridge, a/c, large wardrobe, desk, chair, hot water shower in a nice modern tiled and clean bathroom. The staff are quite friendly and there's an almost hostel kind of feel downstairs with a pool table and DVD's. They also do a few meals, one of which you definitely have to go for for breakfast are the banana pancakes which are really thick American-style ones. Just delicious! My room cost $12.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written April 25, 2010

• Willettsworld profile photo Willettsworld
  • Reviews: 8151

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Apsara Steong Thmei: There's better nearby

I arrived in Siem Reap on the fast boat from Battambang and my tuk-tuk driver took me to the guesthouse area to the west of Bar Street, across the main road. I found this place after a little searching around but only spent one night here after finding a better place after I had checked in (see my next accommodation tip). This place is fine but has small rooms where you have to pay extra for a/c. I had a double bed, TV, table, chair and a hot water shower for $9.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written April 25, 2010

• dejavu2gb profile photo dejavu2gb
  • Reviews: 384

Tara Angkor Hotel: A faboulous stay without breaking the bank

We had the absolute pleasure to stay in this stunning hotel, The Tara Angkor Hotel exceeded our expectations on every level possible from the moment we checked in, to the moment we had to leave.

We got a complimentary collection at the airport which unfortunately I was not aware of as we had booked a driver during our stay.
The driver was very understanding and I later apologised to him when I saw him later that day, but the thought was there, as they provided a complimentary collection.

Check in was done from the comfort of a sofa and the hotel staff brought all the paperwork to us eliminating the need to have to stand up by the counter and deal with the necessaries. (I sound like such a snow, but we did not stand during check-in, you are truly made to feel like royalty!!)
During this time we were brought cold refreshing face towels and chilled ginger tea to enjoy whilst we were checking in.

The hotel pool was also very inviting but unfortunately we did not have the time to use it, as we spend loads of time seeing all the lovely temples.

The staff were very attentive and very welcoming and always greeted you with a smile.
Doors were opened upon entering or exiting the hotel, making you feel very welcome and at home.
The breakfast spread was just fantastic and allowed us to have a nice meal before a long day of site seeing.

The rooms very very comfortable and lovely decorated... I especially loved the floortiles on the bathroom... LOL.

A marvellous 4 days later we were saddened to have to check out and leave for the airport. We took advantage of the complimenraty airport bus, and they dropped us right by departures, and again the service shone through and he assisted us with our baggage.

I would 100% recommend this hotel as we had an amazing experience, it is without a doubt one of the best places we have stayed at, and all at a very very reasonable price!

• Related to: Historical Travel, Luxury Travel
  • Written March 10, 2010

Hotel Exterior

• cachaseiro profile photo cachaseiro
  • Reviews: 1926

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

New ankorland hotel.: Decent and friendly tourist hotel.

The new ankorland hotel is a nice and clean hotel with pool, gym, bar and several other facilities.
I guess it ranks somewhere between 3 and 4 stars.
The rooms are comfortable and have good bathrooms with bath tubs.
I have been there twice and the staff has always been polite and friendly.
I can only recommend the place if you want a clean hotel with good facilities without having to pay 5 star prices.

• Related to: Seniors, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel
  • Written February 27, 2010

New ankorland hotel.

• victorwkf profile photo victorwkf
  • Reviews: 4529

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sokha Angkor Resort (Part 2)

When you are walking around the Sokha Angkor Resort, or even at your own room, you will realise that most of the furnitures are made of local solid wood with very nice traditional designs as shown in the attached photos. Even the floor of the rooms are made of solid wood, which is a good experience staying there.

The staff are very friendly and helpful, and the food at this hotel is very good (especially the local food including the soup noodles).

• Related to: Luxury Travel, Historical Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written December 14, 2009

Sokha Angkor Resort, Siem Reap, Cambodia

• victorwkf profile photo victorwkf
  • Reviews: 4529

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sokha Angkor Resort (Part 1)

I stayed at the Sokha Angkor Resort when I was at Siem Reap in November 2009. This is a very good 5-star hotel with great room, great food and very friendly staff. It's location is also very central in Siem Reap, at the junction of National Road 6 (main road to Phnom Peah) and Sivutha Blvd.

The Siem Reap International Airport is jus a few kilometres away (airport pickup is available at US$7 per person one way). Furthermore, this hotel can issue the Angkor Pass at their lobby, so you purchase it here which will save some waiting time. If you do not have any budget constraints, please try out this hotel as it is one of the best hotels I have stayed :)

More information and photos are at part 2 of this tip as well as the travelogue section of this VT page.

• Related to: Architecture, Historical Travel, Luxury Travel
  • Written December 14, 2009

Sokha Angkor Resort, Siem Reap, Cambodia

• NatalieTevis profile photo NatalieTevis
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Dead Fish Guesthouse

Four of us stayed at the Dead Fish Guesthouse on our first night in Siem Reap. The following morning we awoke with headaches. Shonda had a severe headache and nausea and it was difficult to get her out of bed. The reason was the overwhelming mold and mildew in the rooms. We would definitely would not recommend staying there.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Archeology, Backpacking, Adventure Travel
  • Written September 7, 2009

• Dr.Zou profile photo Dr.Zou
  • Reviews: 1

Palm Garden Lodge Siem Reap guesthouse: Great time@Palm Garden Lodge

Our stayed at the Palm Garden Lodge. This place was fantastic. The room was spacious and comfortable; bathroom was lovely and clean. Everything is kept really clean. The actual hostel was really nice, with a beautiful garden. The food was inexpensive and worth. The staffs were so friendly and diligent. The location of this hostel was great too. It was walking distance to the Old markets and lots of bars and restaurants. We got free services as: Internet, tea, coffee, breakfast. Its cheap price but they made in standard. Highly recommended! Stay here!!

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written August 21, 2009

Palm Garden Lodge Siem Reap Guesthouse & Tours

• stamporama profile photo stamporama
  • Reviews: 208

Prince D'Angkor Hotel: A luxurious hotel in a sleepy town

The global recession has affected many hotels in Siem Reap in that many have closed up due to bankruptcy while those under construction have remained abandoned. But this hotel seems to be thriving as can be gauged by the good number of guests having breakfast. They have a piano bar where a lady singer performs nightly, a big salt water pool and a pricey spa of its own.

I would surely recommend this hotel especially to honeymooners and to groups.

It's near malls, restos, stores and even the tourist market where one could haggle.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Archeology, Historical Travel
  • Written July 30, 2009

The hotel facade

• balisunshine profile photo balisunshine
  • Reviews: 1008

Pavillion d'Orient: Charming!

While in Siem Reap,
we stayed at the Pavillion d'Orient.

The room was very charming,
with an outdoor balcony.

There is a swimming pool,
a spa...eventhough
the girls lacked a bit of experience.

The staff was very accomodating.
The hotel provided us
with a free tuk tuk for transportation.

It was located between Angkor Wat and the town.

A good values worth!

• Written June 20, 2009

Balcony

• Fakfak profile photo Fakfak
  • Reviews: 33

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Popular Guesthouse: Cheap

Double rooms with fan and private bathroom (cold water) come for 5$/20000R. But these rooms are very basic (they don't show them on their website, of course), I'd say too small for two persons. Luckily I have been alone (except the gecko), but what would you expect for this price. They're in a different building on the other side of the street, so I'd recommend asking for a room in the main building...

They also have a nice breezy restaurant upstairs where you can get breakfast.

10 mins. walk to Bar Street.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written February 1, 2009

Entrance of Popular Guesthouse

• ValbyDK profile photo ValbyDK
  • Reviews: 797

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Casa Angkor Hotel: Cosy tourist hotel

Casa Angkor Hotel is a cosy tourist hotel located about 15 minutes walk from the Old Market. The area around the hotel gets a little dark and lonely at night, but a tuk-tuk to or from the city centre only cost a few dollars. I had absolutely no problems and felt completely safe walking around - and I would prefer this area in Siam Reap instead of staying at a hotel along the airport road.

The room was nice and clean and had all the standard facilities: Air-condition, TV with 50 satellite channels, mini-bar, comfortable bed, and a clean bathroom. The room also had a safety box, but it wasn’t secured to the wall... A basic breakfast buffet was included in the room price. The hotel had a nice pool area with a small pool and bar – furthermore a restaurant, souvenir shop, small gym, spa & massage, and a business centre with a couple of computers with internet connection – but the souvenir shop and the business centre were rather expensive.

The staff very friendly, and I had a really nice stay at the hotel.

• Written December 28, 2008

Casa Angkor Hotel

• tigerjapan profile photo tigerjapan
  • Reviews: 538

Auberge Mont Royal: Good Location, Comfortable, Friendly & Well-Priced

Our room was simple but comfortable. We booked it on HotelClub and were happy with the price. The pool was small, but enough for a dip after a hot day at the temples or shopping in town.

Breakfast is nothing special, but is it ever? Staff were very friendly and helpful and the "tuk-tuk" guys aoutside the hotel were great and gave us great deals on trips out to the temples and the airport.

I'd certainly stay here again.

Has a pool.