Angkor Star Hotel

54 Sivatha Road, Siem Reap, Cambodia

More about Angkor Star Hotel

Angkor Star Hotel nice enough

by whereisdave about Angkor Star Hotel

Stayed 2 nights November 2005.
Seems like a decent location, can walk to some restaurants and convenience store. Internet right next door.
Nice pool, good for cooling off or downtime. Rooms nice- many cable channels, fridge, comfortable bed, great AC, nice bathroom, nice furniture. Provide two bottles of water free every day. Friendly staff.
Bad- construction going on in part of lobby creates noise from 7am and through the day, not that big a deal. Breakfast included but just OK, items cold by 8am. Couldn't figure out how to drain the bath tub. Elevator carpet worn- not a big deal. No in house internet or restaurant.

Overall a great experience. Part of a package so not sure of price.
Note there are many new hotels opening up all over Siem Reap.

Angkor FAmous STAR

by vuzu

This is the world famous Angkor Star. He is the lonely planet guide book cover star and even ian wright visit him during his trip to Angkor. So, take a shot of this Angkor STAR.

Angkor STARAngkor STAR

Visiting Angkor - advice needed

by Travelshoe

Hi there, I am planning to visit Siem Reap and make my way to see the temples of Angkor. I am visiting with my wife, and my mother. We would be there from 26th Dec - 30th Dec.

We are planning to stay at "Angkor Star Hotel"? Any good? Plan to take some photographs of the temple. I think I will take the $40 dollar temple pass.

RE: Visiting Angkor - advice needed

by xuessium

HI! Kirby:

The 3 days pass will do well in case you get temple fatigue.

It you wish, you could take a visit to Tonle Sap as well.

Dec is a good month as well - dry season.

RE: Visiting Angkor - advice needed

by rainbowseeker

If you are interested in Temples as I am there are hundreds and a 3 day pass is good value. I have been to Siem Reap 3 times already and haven't tired of it yet. If your budget will stretch my own preference is to take a guide with air con. car and driver. It doesn't cost the earth and for further info I can recommend a very good guide. Look her up on www.sopheapsangkorwat.com where you will find details of her service and fees. I see you have already been advised to take a trip to Tonle Sap and I would also recommend that. Sopheap can also help you to find good eating places and evening entertainments such as Dance Performances and Traditional Puppet Sows.

RE: RE: Visiting Angkor - advice needed

by Travelshoe

Thanks for the advice. Will try it

Cambodia Debut

Hi all,

Im heading to Cambodia in May 2009 .. already planning to visit Siem Reap, Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville/Kampot .. any suggestions on places to stay and visit (apart from the obvious, any little gems the usual tourist wud probably miss) .. Me and my mates are still keen to get out and about at night .. so any recommendations on bars/clubs in each of the cities mentioned above u can suggest. Restaurants etc

Thanks in advance for any help given,

Ben

by Eggboy

You can check out my Khett Siem Reap and Angkor Wat pages for some ideas but briefly some place a little out of Siem Reap to see:

Beng Mealea, Phnom Kulen and Ch'nong K'Neas (floating village).

I also have a couple of restaurant tips but if you hit "pub street" in Siem Reap and wander round you and yr mates will find a good spot for an ale or three. Plenty to choose from :)
On my second visit I had my guide take me to the local pub street which was a real eye-opener. Very different but fun. I don't recommend riding on a moto when drunk either :)

I stayed at two hotel in Siem Reap. Angkor Star and Somadevi. Both are on the main drag but I would recommend Somadevi.

Eggboy

by Ben_Sydney

Thanks vm Eggboy .. appreciate your response and tips .. just having a look at your pages now

by Eggboy

No worries, just email on VT mail if you have any questions. Happy to help out :)

by roadrunner.23

I would recommend the boat trip on the Tonle Sap from Siem Reap to Battambang to see the floating villages. Further maybe the Kampot area with the Bokor NP.

safe travel

I forgot: take the baboo train back to Phnom Penh

wrong spelling: bamboo train

by saraguev

Well, you will find that Sihanoukville is a very small town with nothing much to do. You will find there beaches... a private and nice one, the Sokha Beach Resort ( a very good hotel, with very good food), or public beaches like Ocheautel Beach (try the Crystal hotel). This beach has bars, and small places to eat. The hotel will advice you in case you want to know other small islands. At the end, everything is decided by your wallet. If you for expensive and quiet, try the Sokha. If you are heading for cheap drinks and some action in the beach try the Crystal Hotel.

Same applies for Phonm Penh and Siem Reap. I think that Siem Reap is far better than Phnom Penh in terms of restaurants, pubs, and safety.

by Ben_Sydney

Thanks vm for all who answered my queries .. i have until May to work out an itinary and be sure to post it up so you can all have a good look ..

safe and happy travels