National Road 6 # 0369, Bantay Chas, Slorkram, Siem Reap, 0369, Cambodia

Costs 29% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Borei Angkor Resort & Spa

Siem Reap Hotel

by donna12 about Borei Angkor Hotel

Excellent hotel, good position in Siem Reap. The hotel has a very impressive front and doesn't disappoint inside. The rooms are decorated in teak with lovely views of the magnificent pool.

Just where you want to be.

by TripAdvisor Member Jerry55

My wife and I are retired Canadian teachers just back from SE Asia. We loved our stay at the new Borei Angkor Hotel in Siem Reap. Our online room rate through Agoda was less than $90 for this perfect hotel. There is no need to stay in city central since after touring all day all you need is a swim in their beautiful pool and a quiet pool side meal. Don't look any further, this is the place for you. We also have a great driver Sun Same or "Ta", who can be reached at [--]

Wonderful stay

by TripAdvisor Member JJB

A bit out of the way, but apart from this Borei Angkor is way above our expectation, both in terms of price and quality. We booked a standard (superior) room with an extra bed as we were a party of 3 adults. On checking-in, we were surpised to find that we were given a triple room (with three double beds) which was very spacious, clean and quiet. We overlooked the beautiful pool, and couldn't wait to get up early everyday for the very delicious berakfast. As Asians ourselves I have to say we are considerably demanding on the food quality of Asian style breakfast. They however were way above normal standard. Don't miss the soup noodle (prepared at a separate counter) which was excellent. We could not afford to miss it so much that we came back immediately after sunset watching at Angkor Wat purely for the bowl of soup noodle! Other options are nice and substantial too. Waffles were exceptionally good, so were the omelette and fried egg noodles.

We had dinner once in a la carte. Food was great and was by no means expensive. Pasta is around US$7 and the quality was again excellent.

As for the room, very nice deco, clean, with free bottles of water everyday. Our room had a slight problem with the bathtub - very slow drainage. But overall it was in excellent condition. (The air-con really worked and worked perfectly well!!!)

I did use the internet once, which was expensive by Siem Reap standard. US$2.5 for first 20 minutes and then 0.1 per minute. The machine was a bit slow but I think overall it's very agreeable.

If I ever visit Siem Reap again I will definitely stay here.

The Friendliest of hotels.

by TripAdvisor Member CarolJohnson49

This hotel is in an unlikely position a short distance from the centre. Tuk tuks were always available.
The staff went out of their way to be helpful & obliging. Food was good.
Beware of changing currency here, we thought we were given a poor rate.

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Mark635

Can highly recommend this hotel. The accommodation was first class, food good, staff very willing (if a little slow) and a lovely swimming pool. Would go back if in that part of the world.

The brilliant Borei - a secret gem in Siem Reap

by TripAdvisor Member rachy1978

We stayed here for 4 nights and booked off the internet so didn't know what to expect. We pulled up and we were impressed with the hotel immediately. We had booked a superior room (for only a couple of dollars more) and we were shown to a huge room on the top floor with a massive balcony. The hotel is very dramatic with teak wood everywhere. Our room was lined with wood and it was stunning. The pool is awesome - large and a huge hot tub area. But it is the staff who make this hotel - the best we have experienced in Asia. Very polite and friendly and helpful. We adored it here and got a great tuk tul driver called John (he sits outside at the end of the drive - ask for him) who took us round the temples. I would go back to the Borei in an instant - we absolutely loved it. The style of the hotel is very distinc - wood and luxury and it was just perfect.

Nice for the price

by TripAdvisor Member yvr1

Nice hotel, a little out of the way, but worth it. Quite and serene. Great swimming poo, and beautiful rooms. Friendly staff. Breakfast buffet very nice, but would not recommend the dinner buffet, most of the food was cold, should have been hot, and we were one of the first to eat, for approximately USD $16.00 it was not worth it. Also, be careful if you break a glass or something you will be charged, we broke a drinking glass and we were charged for it. We misplaced one room key and were told that a replacement would be at a charge. For an area that is trying to attract tourism, nickel and diming the tourist is not the way to do it. Overall a nice place to stay.

An oasis of calm

by TripAdvisor Member WandererCumbria

A super hotel, great to return to after a busy day at the temples. The bedrooms were large and airy with effective a/c, the HUGE bathroom with claw-footed bath and walk in shower was fabulous and the safeand fridge were also appreciated. Lovely pool area with side gym, plenty of beds and towels. Enormous buffet breakfast set us up for the day and we also ate a couple of lunches at the poolside terrace which were good value.
All the hotels in Siem Reap are on busy roads but this was set back a good 100 metres so was quiet, a real oasis of calm. Staff were helpful and booked our boat to Phnom Penh. We used tuk tuk number 11 from outside the hotel for 3 days to take us to the temples. Lovely, unassuming guy, safe driver and $15 a day. We loved it!

Nice hotel!!!

by TripAdvisor Member cavallino

We couldnt believe how this hotel was underpriced for its services. We had a spectacular view from the balcony of our room and we enjoyed the pool after an entire day of walking around the temples. the service to the airport was organized efficiently by the hotel and was included in our stay. breakfast was ample and you could sit outside and enjoy. We were only a little excited when we found two geckos living with us, but they are indeed harmless. The service was over the top and the location was good- you could even walk it to the center. but because of the dirt road conditions and traffic you would probably opt more for a tuk tuk to accompany you.

The little country that could

by klmousseau

"Siem Reap"

This is the only town I got to see in Cambodia, but it was great! We stayed at the Borei Angkor and it was beautiful. The Temples were amazing. The town great and really safe - good shopping and restaurants. It was very easy to get around and to the temples. The only bad thing - the HEAT & HUMIDITY!! It's a killer! I would love to go back to see more of Cambodia and Vietnam, but the heat was almost unbearable unfortunately.

Opinions of Hotels in Cambodia

by kentut_besar

Vanakam, folks.

Most grateful if any experienced VTers or anyone out there advise me about these hotels:

- Borei Angkor Hotel, in Siem Reap; &
- Phnom Penh Hotel, in Phnom Penh.

Sincere thanks in advance.

by cochinjew

Hola.. Amigo..
I stayed at Pnom Penh Hotel just recently. it is well situated, not in the touristy riverside area of shady hotels, but in an extremely well landscaped area, reasonably close to the airport (traffice in PNH is so bad that always allow quite a bit of time to get to the airport and ask local advice, they told me between 45 minutes and 2 hours and fortunately it was only 45 minutes, with my local colleague driving). The rooms are ample and good quality. there is an awful filipino band playing in the lounge at night, so avoid that area at night. when i say they are awful, they are awful. there is a lovely thai restaurant on the premises. which i enjoyed very much.
Sorry cant comment on the Siem Reap Hotel. I have been to Siem Reap countless number of times but my brother Ko Maung Maung owns the Mandalay Inn where I usually stay, it is popular with young tourists, mainly from south east asian countries.

by gaolei

I had a chance to look at several hotels when I arrived in Siem Reap. My taxi driver took me to look for a hotel. I found myself looking at most of the hotels I had seen listed on the hotel web sites, including this one. I found all of them to be as described on these sites. There were no real bad ones. The all had nice rooms, and good looking buildings. Many were congregated on the highway (2 lane country road) in one area. I would not be afraid to stay in any of them. I would try to be as close to the downtown area and market as possible. The ride on a tuk tuk starts to get expensive when you have done it a few times.

For more information look at my Siem Reap Page and the others as well.

by annemarie_oleary38

Hi- I have not stayed in the PP hotel but did make use of their nice swimming pool a lot! It's a really nice quiet pool with a very shallow end so will be good with kids. It's a pretty good location- near the lakeside and quite near the riverside. If you want something a bit cheaper but still with a nice pool Billabong hotel is good (not as flash though!)

by yvr

Stayed athe the Borei Angkor Hotel just after Christmas last. Very, very nice. A little ways out from the town centre, about a 10 minute tuk tuk ride. The hotel is beautiful, spacious rooms, beautiful swimming pool, very nice dinning room. Friendly staff. It is set back somewhat from the main street it fronts so it does not get the traffic noise. Highly recommend it.

Opinions of Hotels in Cambodia

by kentut_besar

Hi guys.

Thanks for all the advice & assistance on Cambodia.

Cheers.