Bun Kao Guesthouse

Tags

Budget Travel Backpacking Road Trip
See Amenities
theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Bun Kao Guesthouse, one of a kind!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 8, 2012

I booked this pension house since I read a lot of nice comments about this place which made it interesting. The services are great! Once you made a request to the owner or to any of the staffs,.. in an instant, it's done! We booked 2 bedrooms (double and triple beds) each with private bathrooms for 2 nights, for 15USD (as far as I can remember). The rooms have tv and toiletries are also supplied. If you are lazy to eat outside, you can order food from them. You'll find same food prices.

They also offer tuktuk service and the tuk-tuk drivers serve as the tourist guides. 20USD for a whole day tour, for 4 passengers. We're 4 adults and 1 kid, maybe for a discount, we were only charged with 18USD for a whole day tour. The tuk-tuk drivers are very friendly, you wont regret meeting them. We had Mr. Dee as our tuk-tuk driver on our tour to Angkor Wat. He's a relative of Mr. Bun Kao and also very kind man.

Unique Quality: Mr. Bun Kao (obviously, the owner) is one of a kind. He and his family are very accommodating. We were still in HCMC when I received an email from Mr. Bun Kao, he kept on asking me regarding the time of our arrival in Phnom Penh. He said to give him a call once we arrive in the city so his tuk-tuk driver can fetch us in the bus terminal... and I find that very sweet and I can tell how Mr. Bun Kao value his guests and that made me more excited.

Mr Bun Kao and his family are one of a kind. While waiting for the bus to fetch us, we had a time to talk with Mr. Bun Kao. He told us how he started the business. He said that, a few years ago, he and his family own only a very small house, only as big as a cabinet but he worked hard that's why he was able to build the guesthouse. One of his staffs mentioned to us that he's a scholar of Mr.Bun Kao, it's how he shares the blessings he received by helping others.

Sometimes, it's really nice to get to know people from other places. Their stories are inspiring. We can learn from each other.

Berbass Mar 5, 2013 at 4:08 AM

This is the mail send by Bun Kao team to a customer who left a negative reveiew after staying in Bun Kao Guesthouse Siem Reap in feb 2013 !! If you do not want to receive such offending message from Bun Kao Guesthouse, leave a positive review even you are not satisfied !!

From Bun Kao Team to a customer :

Dear Sir Madam

Thank you very much for your negative review!!!

We would like to tell you the word that you said some it is correct but some is not correct. please you think you have brain for think what is expensive for you and what is cheap for you, you looking on Booking.com you said $23/night is(private 3bads A/C room with free everything) expensive for you and you compare with other room is $5/night ( dorm room with fan and share bathroom ) no free everything, why you booked the room with $23 and you think for long time you don't book the dorm room with $5 and then you complain us with everything on Booking.com and Tripadvisor, we under stand about a lots of mosquito but it is not in my Guesthouse it is every where Guesthouse in Siem Reap and Cambodia, if you want the good hotel I wold like to recommend to you the 5star hotel it is very good for you $1000/night it make your perception are great . you know you was telling me you have your own hotel and you travel around Asia you say something good something bad, please you use your brain for think for me and you have hotel the same and want for the hotel famous around the world and don't want any guest complain and also we run the business it is for to day it is for forever, your self if the guest they are complain you hotel how do you think. PLEASE THINK and THINK and THINK again. All enjoy your complain every where every hotel and the owner wish you with a good ACCIDENT travel to every where with your complain you are not the tourist travel for holiday it the tourist travel for complain please enjoy again with your complain every where ***ING Tourist. thanks you

Bun Kao Guesthouse team

• Kids Activities
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette

Siem Reap Travel Forum

Need advice about Siem Reap, Cambodia? Visit the Travel Forum for Siem Reap and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Siem Reap hotel reviews