Kazna Hotel

Taphul Rd, Taphul Village, Svay Dangkum commune, Siem Reap District, Siem Reap, 63, Cambodia

More about Kazna Hotel

Service is intangible, and Kazna Hotel really make me feels like I am back home!

by TripAdvisor Member teddy-cutie

A boutique hotel that give personalize service to their guests. We were very impress with the service that Kazna Hotel given us. Because my friends and I are working in the hotel industry in Singapore, we know the demand of service is high. Moreover, when we first arrived in Siem Reap, the weather is hot and humid. A cool refreshing lime juice were given to us soothe our thirst, while processing with the check in. (Note: In most Singapore Hotel contact, only guests who pay for the executive or the club floors have welcome drinks.)

The best experience I could have wished for.

by TripAdvisor Member vagabond4beauty

I arrived at the Kazna Hotel without any real expectations. Very quickly, I found myself pondering what an amazing place it actually was. The staff was by far the best part of the hotel, as they were all so eager in helping me with whatever I needed. The rooms are comfortable, clean and provide a nice refuge from the Cambodian heat. The free breakfast was great. The internet was fast. Overall, I highly urge fellow travelers to stay at this hotel--for I trust that it will fulfill (and even succeed) all your needs.

Execellent service that made our trip pleasant & memorable

by TripAdvisor Member jevtham

Kazna Hotel made our trip to Siem Reap a real pleasant one. The Hotel staffs went the extra mile to service our every needs. They made us feel very much at home. The manager Somna and her sister Kazna, made us feel very comfortable and we even became more like friends than just another customer of their hotel. We would highly recommend this hotel to any traveller to Siem Reap, especially for families and all gals group, because it is very safe in this hotel being a family run hotel. KUDOS! To their excellent hospitality and it's real value for your money.

Excellent service!

by TripAdvisor Member dmpkli

If you are looking for a hotel within a reasonable price range then this hotel is the right one. The rooms are well maintained and clean. I particularly liked the use of wood in the overall aesthetic of the place. You would not even feel that you are staying in a hotel because it has a very homey feel to it. The owner, Somna is very gracious and accomodating. Weeks before the actual trip, I communicated thru email the things I wanted like tour guide, van rental etc..and she took care of everything. She even booked our hotel in Phnom Pehn and wrote down in Khmer instructions for drivers which came in handy because the tuk-tuk driver in the capital could not understand English. The location of the hotel is close to the market and restaurants which is very convenient if you wish to spend time sampling the night life. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends. Thank you Somna and staff for your outstanding service!

Excellent stay in this fabulous hotel"

by TripAdvisor Member 123western

This is an excellent new hotel owned and operated by a wonderful family who know the area well and are only too happy to provide customers with the best in service. The rooms are spotless, the decor is inviting, the value is terrific but the greatest advantage is the warmth and hospitality of the family. They provided my husband and I with an outstanding tuk-tuk driver for our three days at Angkor Wat, made many helpful suggestions for restaurants and other areas to visit in Siem Reap and were genuinely friendly and kind to their customers.

I have never been treated so well.

by TripAdvisor Member Greyskye

I had heard bad things about Hotel stays in Siem Reap. The official U.S. advisory talks about taking along mosquito netting and trying to avoid hotels with bed bug problems and no A/C. Not to mention the horror stories I've heard about dishonest or extremely unfriendly hotel staff in the SE Asian region.

Imagine my surprise to find an affordable hotel not more than 5-10 minutes walk from the heart of Siem Reap (or two minutes if you want to go wild and spend $1 on a tuk tuk ride), that is populated by the friendliest staff I have ever had the pleasure to stay with (and I'm serious about that) and a beautiful room with a downright powerful A/C unit and not so much as bug 1 inside.

To start it all off, I was personally contacted through EMail by one of the hotel owners who double-checked to be sure of my flight arrival time so that she could send a Tuk-Tuk to pick me up when I touch down. This saved me the hassle and ripoff of negotiating with the rather aggressive airport taxi drivers, and gave me a warm welcome into the country.

I was greeted at the door of the hotel by Somna, one of the owners, who had a tall glass of lemonade waiting for me as I signed in. I checked out my room, a modern setup with coffee maker, cable TV, A/C, and full bathroom with hot water showers. The room was downright spacious by my standards (of course I live in Tokyo, so Im a bit biased), and beautifully decorated with hand carved wood furniture. I didn't bring my laptop along on the trip to take advantage of the free wireless internet access (this is very expensive for them to provide in Cambodia, so its rare to find at any other establishment), however, Somna was more than happy to let me use her laptop, and she did the same for the other guests when they needed to check EMail or chat with their boyfriends back home (Right Hannah? :D ).

All the rooms are nice at Kazna, I know because Somna showed me many of them when I expressed interest in some of the local artwork (they have a different painting by a local artist in each room). For $20 U.S. its not the cheapest place in town, but Id rather pay the $20 for a five star room than cheap out and pay $6 for a place without regular cleaning, no hot water, and bugs. In fact, I splurged on my vacation and payed the extra $5 a night to get the best room in the house. $25 well spent. ;) Oh, and I got breakfast and an evening plate of local fruits each evening included in the price, some of the fruits were extremely exotic and quite tasty, I had never seen nor tried any of them before (aside from Mango and Pineapple of course).

***Make sure you bring U.S. Dollars to Cambodia. They undervalue all other currencies in exchange, except Thai Baht, and you do NOT want to carry around Riels, you wont be able to close your wallet.

The price and the room are both great, and they made my trip all the better, but the real value at Kazna are the owners and the staff.

The hotel is family owned and run, and the staff is always ready to help. If you take the time to be social, and I hope you will, you'll find that most of them speak English and are extremely friendly. Somna and the rest of the staff helped me navigate the town, they got me lowest price Tuk Tuk rides and advised me on the going rates for touristy goods so I had a baseline for my negotiations when I walked over to the various markets in town. Somna even took me to some of the best (and hardest to find) painters in town to pick out exactly the piece I wanted. The guy even made a slight alteration for me on the spot, so in fact I got EXACTLY what I wanted.

Somna and her husband even introduced me to the local cuisine, and let me try some foods that you will NEVER eat if someone doesn't show you how. It was a wonderful experience.

The friendliness and hospitality went above and beyond the call. I stayed up many evenings having long conversations with both the staff and the owners, and they even took the time to show me around town a bit.

The atmosphere in the hotel is laid back but professional, the work gets done in Kazna, but the pace is leisurely and no-one is even close to stressed. Though they dont work for the hotel, the Tuk Tuk drivers that park outside are always the same, and they are just as friendly and helpful as the hotel staff. Negotiating with them wont work, because the hotel has a deal with them and you are already guaranteed the lowest rate. (I tried negotiating it down out of habit, the guy just looked confused.)

I really cant say enough good things about my stay here. I saw one of the great wonders of the world in Angkor Wat and its adjutants, I got to go off-roading in the back country, and I got to drink and shop my nights away, then come home and chat with people I now consider friends.

There are good hotels, and then there are homes away from home. If you're headed to Siem Reap, this is the place to stay.

Home Sweet Home

by TripAdvisor Member ianrt

I was in two minds about writing this review, not because there are any problems, the hotel is close to perfect; more because if i return to Siem Reap i would like to stay there and wouldn't want it full. I also know that she reads this site, so i would like to say thank you to the lady and her staff.
The onwer is perhaps the nicest person you could wish to meet, even offering to walk me up the street when i commented that the road looked scary (it isn't!), she offered me her laptop to use the internet even though she was using it. I'll confess i wasn't as socal as perhaps i could have been, i like to travel alone and don't engage with people as perhaps i should; bui even so the people here made me feel like family.
Enough about the friendly staff, the hotel is spotlessly clean, it's about 5-10 minutes from the center of Siem Reap.
I loved the Kzna and have no reservations about recommending this place, i sincerly hope that they suceed.

excellent everything

by TripAdvisor Member trento4

thr management & staff at Kazna were absolutely perfect in all aspects.The hotel was much better than description & can not express my happiness with the hotel & all staff.All services rendered went above & beyond duty.
many thanks
Greg Cole

Excellent hospitality and comfort

by TripAdvisor Member Pboris

I received a great hospitality from the hotel staff. Moreover, the hotel is new and comfortable. It is a warm place for travellers to stay in. Definitely, it is worth every penny.

I don't know what to say so i guess i'll say supercalifraglistic......

by TripAdvisor Member DenverFreelancer

I love the location of the hotel, it is close enough to walk to the central market, or the night market, plus there are good restaurants nearby. I believe the most attracting thing about this place is the staff; they are so easy to love. I could go on and on but I think you should try it out if your planning to go to Siem Reap.

Comments