Vithei Charles de Gaulle, Khum Svay Dang Kum, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Costs 60% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Le Meridien Angkor

Closest Hotel to Angkor Main entrance

by cintrus about Le Meridian Angkor

The hotel is amazing. The rooms are large and spacious and have king size beds. The room is themed around Khmer style and everything is at your fingertips.

The bathroom has a large shower and bath separate. The decor is like something out of a architectural magazine!

Facilities are first rate. The staff are friendly and happy to help in any way. The Pool is beautifully designed. It has separate areas interconnected together. There are jets of water shooting out in corners with seats to lay down and have them massage your tired back. There are frangipani trees in the pool and the flowers drop into the water to create a wonderful atmosphere.

Highly Recommended

by TripAdvisor Member JFH1107

I spent four nights at Le Meridien Angkor. I booked a Superior room but was upgraded at check-in to Deluxe.

The room was quiet, comfortable, nicely laid-out and decorated with style. It did not feel at all like a generic international chain hotel room.

Staff was always courteous and accomodating. They are mostly young and perhaps somewhat inexperienced, but in a newly recovering country like Cambodia, I see this as a definite plus.

The breakfast buffet was exceptional - especially the homemade pastries, croissants and baked goods.

I had lunch at the hotel a few times. It was always very good, but pricey for Siem Reap, but was more convenient than going into town.

I didn't use the pool, but it looked pretty, and was empty every time I passed by.

A few minor complaints:
- There was no in-room coffee maker, which for me was a hassle. However, room service would deliver a pot of coffee quickly, and cost was only $2.

- The in-room temperature control seemed to always be either too cold or too warm.

- This isn't a complaint, just something to be aware of: There isn't much of anything within walking distance of the hotel. For shopping and dining you'll need to take a 15 minute tuktuk ride into town for about $2. They are readily available outside and the bell captain can get you one.

Best hotel yet

by TripAdvisor Member CleoScotty

I have nothing bad to say about our experience at this hotel. The hotel is beautiful, the pool amazing, our room was delightful and the staff very friendly. With our room (which only cost $165 per night) we received complementary drinks from the bar until 4:00PM, free internet access and breakfast. The Breakfast is good with plenty of options. Lunch and dinner can be expensive, so we eat out in the town for much cheaper.

Overall, they treated us wonderfully and I highly recommend this hotel.

Totally Underrated

by TripAdvisor Member bonbuben

I was introduced to the Le Meridien chain on my visits to Jakarta for my French bank. So when I decided to travel to Siem Reap, I instinctively booked here because I find that they tend to incorporate local details into their modern new hotels. I was not disappointed. The rooms are total understated class--the layout of the room the bathroom, separate shower, colour scheme etc. I brought my extended family on a 4 day visit there and everything was perfect. In a place like Siem Reap, where you exhaust yourself climbing over ruins, taking boats in dirty lakes, and supervising 2-year-old children, it is a relief to come back to a beautiful clean room to crash in the afternoons. Then you can eat dinner in the nice restaurant, use the lovely pool, which has such an original and natural design, or go to the spa (book in advance). We liked the hotel so much we were quite happy to just wonder around in it after we finished the sights. The staff was excellent and there was no attitude from anyone. This hotel should be higher ranked here.

Gorgeous hotel in an amazing city

by TripAdvisor Member MatthewRob

Stayed 2 nights at Le Meridien whilst visiting Angkor. Check-in was efiicient whilst enjoying a ginger welcome drink! The room was large and nicely decorated with timber floors. The lobby and public area of the hotels were fantastic. There is the opportunity to eat outside in the gardens or inside in the Italian or Asian restaurant. There is also a small bar area outside. The pool is large and imaginatively designed as a temple. Given the sights around Angkor it is not overly used and was quite peaceful when we were there.

Splendour amongst the Dust

by TripAdvisor Member NosyWombat

I've been to Siem Reap twice now to see the temples of Angkor Watt. Both times, I've stayed at Le Meridien. It's a great hotel. It's the closet hotel to the temples, so getting there and back is very easy.

The hotel rooms are decorated in the Angkor style - think lots of dark wood, statues in your room and amazing wall friezes. The bathrooms are very luxurious and the beds rather comfy.

The hotel has a number of restaurants. If you're looking to insulate yourself from the rest of the city, this is the place to do it. The Italian restaurant is very tasty, if a trifle expensive. A cheaper option is the bistro. It does a great buffet, or you can order off the menu. They have a wide range of local dishes. This is great if you want to try the local cuisine, but don't want to leave 5 star luxury to do it.

The pool is also great. My ideal way to enjoy the temples is to go out in the morning, see a temple, then come back at lunch time to have lunch and lie by the pool. This is easy to do as the hotel is so close to the temples.

Overall, it's a great place to stay.

Read more: http://nosywombat.blogspot.com/

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member foost

Booked my stay using SPG points over the hotel website. It was an easy transaction.

I arrived on an early flight and the hotel very kindly allowed us to check in early. The airconditioned lobby is beautiful and has a very nice vanilla(?) smell to it - a welcome respite after a whole day of temple-hopping.

The room was pool-facing and very well appointed. The toiletries were of high quality. Nice finishings. Didn't try the restaurants given that there were much cheaper equivalent alternatives in town which are just a tuk-tuk ($2) away. Ditto for the spa - went to the nearby Shinta Mani which was excellent and at only 2/3 the price of Meridien.

This hotel is definitely worth coming back to.

wonderful hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member miseno

What a wonderful place! One a three city tour of Asia this was by far the largest hotel room and nicest hotel. Staff were very friendly & helpful. Little touches were just wonderful - such as the welcome drink while they checked us in and the lemon grass tea offered when I went to check ou t the spa.

Room was terrific. Staff was terrific. Pool area was fabulous. Good exercise facility. Nice breakfast buffet. Great side rooms, such as the library . Loved the pedicure and massage, which were reasonably priced for a resort hotel.

Large hotel chain - find something with a bit more character

by TripAdvisor Member 5aday51

We decided to stay at a hotel rather than a guest house - not knowing what to expect from Cambodia.

The Meridien is the closest hotel to the sites, but seeing as though you can hire a taxi driver for $25 a day (all day long) it doesnt matter where you stay.

The reception areas and restaurants were very nice, although we found them expensive and preffered to go to bar street and enjoy our evenings there (as did allot of other tourists).

The hotel room was nothing spectacular. we had a room with a view over the front of the hotel and it was nice to be able to open the window when we wanted to. We had nice views of the night lanterns.

The bathroom was compact but had all you needed but the western saloon style 'window' connecting the the bedroom afforded little privacy and we both disliked this feature very much.

Staff were very friendly.

Even though we went out of season the hotel was used mainly by Korean bus tours - meaning lots of hussle and bustle at certain times of the day.

The hotel had everything you could want, but personally i found it expensive for a far east hotel, and quite character less. there are plenty of guesthouse and hotels in cambodia, do a little more research than i did.

Excellent 'Property

by TripAdvisor Member EZT

I stayed at this hotel with my family (2 young children) in April 06. It is a really good property.

First class rooms. Elegant, well decorated. Excellent.

Great swimming pool, and facilities.

Good Location. There is little to do in Siem Reap beyond the magnificent Angkor Wat ruins so it does pay to have a great place to go back after a day in the searing heat.

I would definitely recommend it without any reservations.

Prices were not cheapest but I booked directly with the hotel and found the same or cheaper prices in some "discount'" websites on the net.

Buyer Beware, but stay here if you can afford it.

Comments