Siem Reap Hotels

Our Members Say

• balhannah profile photo balhannah
  • Reviews: 9815

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Casa Angkor Hotel: Nice hotel in side street

This hotel is in a side street in Siem Reap. It is quite large. My room was large with 2 single beds, a large bathroom and a balcony. It is airconditioned, has a fridge, tea making facilities and t.v. with quite a few channels. There is 2 complimentary bottles of water each day. On arrival, you receive a voucher for a free 15minute massage.There is a nice pool, with tropical surroundings and dining is in another nice open area, either indoors or outside. It also had a lift. I have two complaints, no 1, was the service in the dining area. Tables weren't cleared very quickly, 90% of the time, there were no serviettes, once there was a dead blowfly on the table. I had to wait 3/4hour for a hamburger for dinner one night, then it was cold. No 2, was check-out. On arrival, I was taken to my room by a lady, and the bell-hop took my luggage. The basket for the mini-bar was empty but for one item, this woman noticed this and nodded to the bell-hop. It was filled the following day. On check-out, I was charged for the missing items in the basket, ones I had never seen or touched. After 1 hour, and now running late for the airport, they bregrudingly gave in and let me pay for what I said I had consumed. I had written in my diary, so I knew exactly the amount. I didn't say anything on arrival because this woman had noticed it. In future, I will. The hotel should leave a copy of each days consumption, as some other hotels do, this way, it would be fresh in the maids memory to when she filled the basket, and you could complain straight away. After this experience, I would not recommend this Hotel.

Nice pool area

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written April 10, 2008

Casa Angkor Entrance

• TheAndos profile photo TheAndos
  • Reviews: 93

Golden Temple Hotel: Five star service at a three star price

This is an exceptional hotel, founded by the owners of the Golden Temple Villa. The staff are so welcoming and friendly and Richard the manager goes out of his way to make sure you enjoy your stay. There are welcome refreshments when you arrive, & complimentary tea, fruit and nuts are served at the pool. The rooms have satellite TV, and a DVD player with two free movies about Angkor Wat and Cambodia. There is a pool which is great after long, hot days at the temples. The hotel is situated a five minute walk from the centre of town, or a short tuk tuk drive. Enjoy!

Pool. Free transfer from airport.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Archeology
  • Written September 1, 2011

• Michel69 profile photo Michel69
  • Reviews: 4

Paradise Eco Resort - Siem Reap: Best Retreat out off downtown

Paradise Eco Resort is far enough from the town (6km) for those who wish to escape the crowd of the busy town.
There is cheap rooms with fan and cold water only. The bungalow is still the best value in Siem Reap: spacious, comfortable with air-con, hot water and terrace.
Enjoy the pool, the spacious garden, free bicycle and free wi-fi.
Conveniently located, only 10 minutes from the temple (no need to cross downtown) and 20 minutes from the Tonle Sap and the authentic floating village of Mei Chrei.

The swimming pool surrounded by a tropical garden is big enough and refreshing after a visit of the temple by bike.
The food is awesome. Prefer Cambodian food (lok-lak, amok, ginger frog...).

• Related to: Budget Travel, Eco-Tourism, Backpacking
  • Written December 8, 2010

• rosequartzlover1 profile photo rosequartzlover1
  • Reviews: 333

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Makong Boutique hotel: Makong Boutique hotel

I booked this hotel together with airplane ticket from Air Asia.The price for all are about 160 us dollars per person.It's return ticket Bangkok - Siem reap and 3 nights hotels .Normally only room itself price should be around 17$/night.The room I booked was twin room (without balcony),with air-condition,bath room with hot shower,2 towels and 2 very small soap bar,no shampoo.Free breakfast and bottle water in refridgerater.They said free pick up from airport and we confirmed them with the landing time but they didn't show up.Another hotel staff at the airport help me calling to hotel but they gave an excuse that they waited for us for 1 hour and already went back...We all know that it's just an excuse ,they simply didn't come to pick me up ,that's it.Every body around me at the waiting area said the same.Finally a korean lady who was waiting for her customer was so kind to drive us to the hotel for free,how kind she is..thank you very much.At the hotel ,they pretend to show us a sign with my name on,but for what..My mate plan to complain but I think no need..we are on mini holiday ,just enjoy the trip.I just asked them about the wifi so ..they gave us a room which was very near to the router so the signal will be better.And they even gave us an upgrade room that has a small balcony(twin balcony 25$).There's some hotel regulation that written on a paper attached on the door (pic4) My room was on 5th floor and no elevater..only stairway,good for exercise.The breakfast was ok,can choose how you want the egg to be done and serve with baguette ,coffee or tea and juice.Served in small restaurant area in front of hotel.They served some other food too and not that expensive.Coffee like capuccino or latte (hot and cold)are also not bad ,they gave separate syrup for you to add yourself,which is very good cuz I don't like too sweet coffee.Next to hotel is a backpacker hostel and a mini mart that open till very late night.You can rent bicycle from hotel 1$ per day but not much choice,I saw only 4-5 of them.They also have tuk tuk and taxi service that about the same price as every where in town,you can negotiate the price.Hotel is located right at an intersection so it's quite noisy even on 5th floor still can hear everything well.But I like it's location anyway,not too near to busy market but can easily walk (5 min) to the old market and pub street.So far ..apart from "not picking me up from airport" all the hotel staff are friendly,about cleanliness..is ok.But the hotel itself can be only 2 star hotel or hostel standard .From the picture it looks ok but in real ..it's so and so.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written March 11, 2014

• PurpleHatBrigade profile photo PurpleHatBrigade
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Oral d'Angkor: Great value hotel

Super clean well furnished spacious rooms. TV & Air conditioning. 5 minutes walk to central shopping district of Siem Reap. Gracious, helpful, family-run hotel. Bicycles for hire. Good english spoken. Highly recommended.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written October 29, 2011

• WaRPer profile photo WaRPer
  • Reviews: 253

The "Mama Elephant": Villa Medamrei

This is a happening micro-villa / boutique hotel in Siem Reap's Old Market area. It only has 19 rooms, offering a home-like atmosphere (with a twist! -- I LOVE the decoration). Rooms are small but sufficient, with clean basic facilities. The rate for a double room (with a small back garden) is $36/room/night. Highly recommended!

The decoration, the staff, the location.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written December 14, 2011

Villa Medamrei_Lobby

• ancient_traveler profile photo ancient_traveler
  • Reviews: 924

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

TA SOM GUEST HOUSE

Traditional family-run hospitality, ideally located in the heart of Siem Reap and only 10 minutes from Angkor Wat.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written March 28, 2012

• divecat1978 profile photo divecat1978
  • Reviews: 82

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Check Inn: Nice cosy place for a sleep

When I arrived in Siem Reap International airport, there had been a tuk-tuk driver awaiting for me and my buddy. He quite took our luggage onto his tuk-tuk. You would call me a "out of jungle" girl when I tell you what happen next. Without knowing that tuk-tuk has no safety belt, I was always putting my leg to secure my position on the seat. Hahaha....
The inn is not too far from the airport. It is located at the local "beer garden", where the local gathered at night for their entertainment. As we entered in the inn, we were welcomed by the staffs and given a cold towel to wipe ou face. Frankly speaking, the dry weather causes the red soil by the roadside to blow on your face. When I wipe it, it was like a natural BB cream.
The room has 2 double beds, TV and a bathroom. There is also a big cupboard to store and hand your clothing.
The bathroom is clean with a bath tub, a toilet bowl and towels.

Friendly and honest staffs shared their views on the local attractions and transportation.

• Related to: Women's Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written February 3, 2014

Spacious for my sleep

• 12345agnes profile photo 12345agnes
  • Reviews: 4

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Angkor Friendship Inn: Avoid overcharging tuk tuk Ra, +85517823757

Horrible staff, probably because the owner was overseas. Staff did not help with luggage, but watched us struggling with luggage to be donated to a village school.

The guesthouse's tuktuk overcharged us, knowing its our 1st visit to Siem Reap. Quoted us USD8 for a 5 min ride, and actually had the cheek to quote us USD10 to the airport.

Don't bother tipping these lazy people. The money should go to deserving old people on the streets.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written October 14, 2012
Tip Photo

in dismal state, way off the main street

• wls3 profile photo wls3
  • Reviews: 7

Rumahku Boutique Hotel: Rumahku Hotel - Best Value for Money

If you are visiting the ruins at Angkor Wat, your hotel choices are in the town of Siem Reap. By luck I found the new Rumahku Boutique Hotel in Siem Reap and without hesitation I wholeheartedly recommend it to everyone. In my opinion it could well qualify as a 4-star hotel at 2-star prices.

In five weeks of traveling throughout the SE Asia region (January-March 2013), in every respect it was the best accommodation I experienced, including several expensive 4/5-star places. Given that it is new it may be off-putting to some that it doesn't yet have a long list of ratings/recommendations. Do NOT let that stop you from putting the Rumahku at the top of your list when looking for an accommodation in Siem Reap.

Located in a suburb of the small town of Siem Reap it's well insulated from the raucous din on Bar Street. Even so, the hotel is a quick tuk-tuk ride, maybe 5 minutes, to the dead center of the "action" on Bar Street and Market area. At the end of a hot day's tour of Angkor Wat temples complex the Rumahku's lovely garden and ultra clean pool was an oasis - especially with a cold beer at hand.

On the usual scale of 1-10, I rate it at 9.8. The rooms are huge, modern, and well appointed with a fusion of local tastes with Scandinavian simplicity. The bathroom was excellent and completely up to date, with a large glass-enclosed shower. Pure heaven compared to most of the other places I stayed. The rooms, indeed the entire establishment, are spotless, and compared to other hotels their double room easily is the equivalent of a triple or even a family room. Policy is, I believe, only two adults to a room.

You may arrive as a stranger, but don't be surprised that at the end of your stay you leave as a friend of the Owner/managers, Vivi (a real live wire who goes "above and beyond" to make sure the clientele's needs are quickly and efficiently satisfied) and Dennis who keeps the facilities in tip-top shape. You'll not experience any rattles, clattering aircon units, faucet drips, etc. Hot water never lagged. When the power went off all over Siem Reap the Rumahku power supply was affected for only a couple of hours.....so while the rest of the town stewed in the dark for days, by dint of some Dennis Magic the Rumahku hardly missed a beat. Given their long previous experience in the hotel business in Sianoukville both Vivi and Dennis are true professionals; and it shows!

• Related to: Historical Travel
  • Written March 17, 2013

• Jackhood profile photo Jackhood
  • Reviews: 1

Advisor Angkor Villa Siem Reap: Siem Reap, Cambodia

Advisor Angkor Villa's staff and Ms.Sophea, Thank you for your kind concern and take care us all time. My wife and I were very happy to rest at your nice place at the end of our trip. The place is decorated with taste and gives you the impression to sleep in the temples of Angkor! It was our first visit to Cambodia and we do think your country deserves the name of the 'country of smile’. We surely will recommend your place to friends. Only $10 for AC room including internet+Wifi 24 hours.

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Women's Travel, Family Travel