Road No. 60 (rd to Angkor), after Psah Leu market, Siem Reap, Cambodia
Agoda.com Booking.com HotelTravel.com

More about Pavillon d'Orient Boutique-Hotel

Absolutely loved this place!

by TripAdvisor Member ABR-Seattle

I did a lot of exhaustive research on hotels in Siem Reap before opting for the Pavillon d' Orient. Wow! It was a great pick ( It was only #15 on Tripadvisor when I booked!) and easily earns it current #1 ranking. One reason why I booked this hotel was their 3 night/tour package which included a car at our disposal for each day to go explore the temples. They also arranged for an English guide (additional fee) and a trip to the floating villages - Surprisingly a picturesque diversion.

We arranged to have the hotel pick us up from the airport. At first we were a little apprehensive as we pulled into the driveway. the hotel doesn't look like much from the outside, but the minute we passed through the front gate; we knew it was a gem. The staff was so warm and gracious. The grounds are beautiful and lush....and tranquil. The pool was just the right size and perfect for a plunge after a long hot day of touring temples. I almost wished I had booked an extra day to just "chill" at the pool and relax with a book.

Our room was lovely ...decorated like a colonial era room in a fashionable home. There was a great flat screen TV and inroom safe as well. The bathroom, was fabulous! I momentarily thought I was in a spa. Very upscale. The housekeeping staff kept the room spotless, and I enjoyed the turndown service each night which included a printed Cambodian tale left on my pillow.

The hotel is a little ways (10 mins) out of town which can be seen as a positive or negative depending on your perspective. Siem Reap itself is a busy tourist town, so for me, I enjoyed the quiet of the "burbs" so to speak. At night I could hear the faint noises from family homes or the distant bark of a dog. That is quite a contrast from town. And the hotel provides easy transportation into town when we wanted to go. Use the tuk-tuks....great way to get around.

After long days of touring, we were often too tired to go into town and opted to eat several meals at the hotel restaurant. The setting was lovely, the food quality was good, reasonably priced and and the staff were so obliging and friendly, as are most people in this country.

Unless you really feel the need to be right in the action of bustling Siem Reap, the Pavillon should be your home away from home. I give it my highest recommendation. Its a great boutique hotel.

Such a lovely place ...

by TripAdvisor Member Bombastik

This place holds our #1 rank for customer service, among all the many hotels we've stayed in Asia (where competition is so tough).

Check this out :
- instantaneous reply to my website inquiry. After 2-3 emails, the deal was done
- great package proposed
- perfect cleanliness. My kids are very good at messying up the room ... but each time we were out, the staff cleaned up and re-arranged everything (several times a day)
- staff gentleness and attention are the warmest you can imagine
- every day, fresh fruits and every evening a print-out of main TV channels programme + (so cute) a traditional khmer bedtime story !
- free WiFi !
- after the checkout, since our flight was later in the evening, they proposed us a room for rest & shower, then, when we left, they gave us plenty of presents : silk scarfs, handcrafts etc.

Sebastien, the French-Cambodian owner (very friendly & helpful) is managing his business at high quality standards.

Thanks for having made our stay so pleasant.

Two thumbs up for "Le Pavillon d'Orient" !

Pavillion dÓrient- A Charming Stay in Siem Reap

by TripAdvisor Member jazzmanBenicia_CA

You can get "templed out" in Siem Reap pretty quickly. But you'll never get tired of Pavillion dÓrient. Sebastian and his staff do a great job to make you feel welcome and comfortable. The building complex is done is comfortable Cambodian French architecture with bright colors and tiled entries. The lobby is a covered open air veranda style with inviting easy chairs from which you can sip lemon grass tea, admiring lovely tropical plants and the little pond adjacent to the open air restaurant.

Rooms are nicely done. This is not a 5 star class hotel and does not pretend to be, especially in the price. Therefore, the rooms are charming but not opulent. Hardwood floors, good mattresses and a wall to wall window/patio door that opens up to a nice little balcony. Satellite tv, wireless internet and a/c as well as a plate of fresh fruit and large water bottles are all free of charge.

The staff is charming, helpful and very sweet. They help arrange transportation, massage, etc. Breakfast was included in the room rate and the fresh pastries, fruit, and homemade jams are very nice. They'll do eggs, sausage and bacon to your order. My only recommendation is that they should add an offering of fresh juice and also coffee bar drinks.

At night, if you are lounging in the lobby, you might hear a gecko. They make a unique call that sounds like "gecko". These little friends come out and help keep the gnat population at bay. They are cute little guys. Lest you think you might be invaded in your room, we stayed 4 nights and only found a gnat or 2 buzzing around in the room, surely due to our leaving the door open.

The pool is smallish but charming with a large tiled waterfall at one end. It's a great place for you to bask, resting on the queen size bed-like lounges.

The only drawback I can find with this hotel is that from time to time during the day, the air quality gets a little tough. Kind of like campfire air, perhaps from houses, where they are preparing food on open air fires or barbecues. It didn't happen every day and it is not unbearable. But I noticed it from time to time. Of course, this is not the hotel's fault. And I will also add that since this is our first time in Siem Reap, I can't say there are places where you might have a camp smoke free experience.

All things considered, I would go back to this place in a heartbeat and I am sure you would be pleased with your stay. Sebastian and his staff will make sure of that.

Everything a Boutique Hotel Should Be...

by TripAdvisor Member KJMM

Staying at this hotel feels like staying at the gorgeous private home of a very rich friend you wish you had.

Before I go further, readers should take note that this is a small boutique hotel in a residential area outside of the downtown Siam Reap area. It is not the Sofitel, or Le Meridien, and it is also not right along the downtown strip of hotels along the river. After staying at this hotel for 3 nights, we considered those to be great advantages, but I wanted to point that out for people who may have different tastes.

The hotel feels like a secret because when you arrive, it looks very non-descript on the outside. That all changes once you enter the gates. The staff are amazing, welcoming, friendly and incredibly helpful throughout the visit. The grounds are lovely and lush with flowers and plants, and the pool area is wonderful. The little restaurant is pleasant and relaxing.

The rooms are beautiful, with private balconies, well-chosen decorations and lovely little touches. The bathroom is fantastic- it does feel like a spa bathroom (although it would be nicer if they had conditioner along with the shampoo!). Nightly turn-down service is an added plus.

Breakfast was a good amount of food with yummy pastries and cakes.

Best of all.. a private tuk-tuk with driver for the duration of your visit! Our driver was wonderful and waited for us everywhere we went, all day long. It makes getting around wonderfully easy and stress-free.

We would be delighted to return to this hotel!

Fantastic experience, no complaints whatsoever

by TripAdvisor Member APS7

We stayed here over Christmas as part of our honeymoon trip to Southeast Asia. We chose this hotel based on reviews here. I can honestly say this hotel deserves all the praise it's received.

This is a real special place to stay - very well-run. You will have quick replies to your e-mails. I was surprised not even a credit card was required to make a booking! You will be taken care of from arrival to departure - from airport transfers to friendly tuktuk driver of your own throughout your stay. There are wonderful little touches like honeymoon wine, Christmas day presents, Cambodian tales on the bed every night...

The rooms are large, beautiful, decorated tastefully and comfortable. Complimentary fruits and water every day. The bathroom was huge with a nice shower and separate bathtub. I was very pleased with the breakfast. We had some meals here too and I really enjoyed the food, as good or better than meals we had in town. The service is simply perfect, not one staff member was short of excellent.

Pavillon D'Orient is an unexpected oasis of calm, style and friendly service in chaotic, tourist-oriented Siem Reap. I have not stayed anywhere else but having been around and spending a few evenings in town, I really cannot imagine a better place to stay.

The true value of this hotel can only be understood after visiting Angkor. Cambodia is an amazing place but tiring and at times overwhelming, and having everything taken care of for you, not having to haggle with tuktuk drivers all the time, and having a place to rest (with a lovely garden and pool) in the middle of the day when it's too hot to go around the temples really made the whole experience much more pleasant. You will not regret staying here.

Also, I recommend talking to Sebastien about your itinerary around Angkor. He suggested an itinerary that we would not have come up with on our own (as it was a bit counter-intuitive) but it was perfect!

Amazing hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Rosapho

My husband and I have been travelling for 6 months through the world and have stayed in many beautiful hotels but Pavillon d'Orient is so beautifully outstanding we will never forget and will remember fondly. We stayed for 3 nights there and liked it so much that we extended our stay for another 2 nights. Monsieur Sebastian and his staff were so great and forthcoming, there was no wish unfulfilled. The rooms are spacious and clean, the bed just great, the bathroom stylish, the restaurant served high quality dishes (try the Spaghetti Pesto) and the pool big enough to make your rounds. On our last day we had to leave at 6 am and even though the restaurant was not open yet they arranged that we got our breakfast before we left Siem Reap. Congratulations to this wonderful boutique hotel! There is no better place to stay in Siem Reap.

Il était magnifique

by TripAdvisor Member jameskenglim

It was our maiden voyage to Cambodia.

And we couldn't have chosen a better hotel to stay in Siem Reap.

The Pavillon d'Orient Hotel is a lovely quaint little hotel not too far away from the town area. That by itself is an excellent proposition - you are away from the crowd and noise of town; yet not too far away to feel isolated. The heart of town is but a leisure 8-minute ride away. And getting a lift down is a breeze - the hotel provides free Tuk-Tuk service for its guests.

Manned by the charming Sébastien and his efficient staff, it certainly made the trip a wonderful experience.

My significant other and I truly appreciated and loved the personal touches in the hotel – such as the bedtime stories, the turn-down service in the evenings and even the interaction with the staff.

The housekeeping service was prompt and we had everything we needed in the room. And if not, whatever we requested for, it was brought to us as quickly as possible.

We felt that we were always looked after, which is reassuring, especially since this is our 1st time to Cambodia. One thing for sure, it won't be our last.

We will definitely be back again, and we’ll tell our friends about Pavillon d’Orient.

Many thanks for making our stay a memorable one.

Happy 2009!

Warmest regards,
Adeline Tien & James Lim
Singapore

A truly fabulous hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Spinnaker47

This really is a fabulous hotel, with universally wonderful staff, and a wonderful alternative to the increasing number of 5-star mega resort hotels with their eyes on Siem Reap. The rooms are exquisite, and quiet, and although by no means a cheap option the price does include transfers to and from the airport (or in our case a pick-up from a coach station after a bus transfer from Phnom Penh), and the free use of your own tuk tuk driver between 7am and 10pm every day. The hotel also organised for us a private tour of the stunning stilt village on the lake.

Its location slightly outside of Siem Reap was perfect - on the right side of town for the Angkor temples but only 10 minutes by tuk tuk if you want to head into town for an evening meal or drink.

The most memorable aspect of the hotel is without doubt the most incredibly friendly, helpful, welcoming hotel staff I have every encountered anywhere in the world. We were very, very sad to leave the hotel, and Cambodia, and would definitely return there.

The People make the Pavillon

by TripAdvisor Member paletexan

The Pavillion is a unique and quiet property just outside Siem Reap. They earned the 5-star rating exclusively through the staff.

The staff aims to please and exceeded all our expectations from the greeting to the farewell. We even received parting gifts upon check-out. It's a great feeling when a staff alone can make you feel so welcome in a place.

The room is unique and has a lot of charm and Cambodian/SE Asian touches. While it may not be on par with 5-star accomodations in resort towns in Thailand, it has character which more than makes up for it. For example, the bathroom did not have much lighting, bed comfort is average, and the shower will flood the entire bathroom. However, the lighting fixtures furniture, curtains, and exotic fruits replenished daily build the exotic atmosphere.

The breakfast is much like a bed and breakfast. There are not many options, but they do make delicious home-made yogurt and make the few items very well, rather than offer a wide assortment of breakfast items.

If you value the experience itself and great service, this is one of the top properties I have stayed in.

Cannot Say Enough About This Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Stanophile

This is a lovely boutique hotel located outside of Siem Reap, on the way to Ankor Wat. We booked a package that included airport pick up and drop off and a tuk-tuk with driver for our entire trip. I highly recommend taking advantage of this - not haggling with tuk-tuk drivers is a refreshing change, and our driver never once tried to sell us anything or take us anywhere we didn't want to go.

Rooms are large and well kept, and the pool area is lovely. Breakfast is fresh and tasty. There are fancier hotels out there, but the overwhelming efforts by the staff to make your stay perfect are what makes this hotel the best. From recommending sites (but in a no-pressure way), to offering us a room to rest in even though we had checked out, the staff was above and beyond in their attention for detail. The hotel now has a small spa and will bring in therapists on short notice. This is a terrific alternative to a bland chain hotel. I miss it!

Comments