Vithei Charles De Gaulle, Khum Svay Dang Angkor, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Costs 35% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort

Best on Siem Riep

by Annakin about Sofitel Royal Angkor Golf & Spa

Highly recomended...the Sofitel is one of the nearest hotels to Angkor Park.
Multiple details make the Sofitel a great choice for your Siem Reap stay...good pool and spa, very good ( but expensives) restaurants inside and calm & quiet ambient.
We stay 4 days, and next time must be a week...

Superb international Class Hotel

by jmmorgan about Sofitel Royal Angkor

A fairly new luxury hotel in siem reap. This hotel has everything a visitor could want at a huge price.
The lobby is tastefully furnished, the bar area is very comfortable. There is a vast library with CD ROMS and books about Angkor Wat.
Three restaurants and a sumptuous breakfast buffet. The hotel grounds are magnificent and there is a huge swimming pool and sun terrace with bar.
Our room was huge with very effective air con and every amenity we could have wished for. Total luxury, air con everywhere and lavishly decorated. Excellent staff.

Top Class Hotel

by jmmorgan about Sofitel Royal Angkor

A new property catering for luxury tourists.
This hotel has everything that a hotel should offer. Excellent public areas, food and our room was simply huge.The hotel has landscaped areas with ponds around which there are walkways between areas of the hotel. Very large swimming pool and spa/gym. Three restaurants and an excellent bar with happy hour. Hotel also has library with books and Cd Roms about Angkor.
Food and Beverages a little expensive Wonderful pool.
Hotel staff were helpful.

a very good hotel right next to the temples

by SurfaceTravel about Sofitel Royal Angkor

We chose this hotel mainly because it was closest to the Angkor Wat temples. It's a good top-end hotel with very good staff. The food was great. It is a little way out, however, from the centre of the town.

The concierge got us a good setup for guided tours of the temples. We had a private car, driver, and guide for a day and a half. The driver would drop the guide and us on one side, then go around and pick us up on the other side. This way we only had to walk one way at each site (lazy, I know). I know this wasn't the cheapest option, but it was quite nice and I'm glad we did it.

I would stay here again.

Colonial Days

by plwh888 about Royal Sofitel Angkor Wor

My stay was FREE from American Express membership rewards point. I love the colonial architecture though I dont know if it was newly build from scratch or saved from a discrepit old colonial building. It is one of the hotel nearest to the ruins of Angkor Wat.

Siam Reap is pretty much a safe place, so its really no problem at all to walk around the city at night. The tourist businesses and authorities have too much at stakes, so they wont tolerate any tourist-related crime. I love the huge swimming pool in this hotel, most travel guides called it a lagoon !

Somehow they knew it was my birthday, (despite staying for free) and they delivered a cake to my room !

The Cambodian staff are really friendly and you can tell the smiles are not fake.

Sofitel Royal Angkor HotelSofitel Royal Angkor Hotel

Sofitel Royal AngkorSofitel Royal Angkor

Sofitel Royal Angkor HotelSofitel Royal Angkor Hotel

NYE in Cambodia, Vietnam or Laos?

by Rach&Jay

Hi Everyone

We need to decide if New Years Eve will be better in Vietnam, Cambodia or Laos?

Does anyone have any suggestions? We do like to party with lots of people if there is such a place in these countries...

Also, any ideas or recommendations for Christmas Day would also be appreciated!

Thanks very much

Rach & Jay

Re: NYE in Cambodia, Vietnam or Laos?

by Sergeyu

I've been in Sofitel Angkor not on nY , but on 1st of january - the atmosphere was festive and lovely, as well as buffet incl. oysters from France and dance show. Since then came back four more time sto this hotel and never have been disappointed. If you need more details, don't hesitate to ask! ;)

I never been in Vietnam, but my experince to Luang Prabang, shows that it hardly will be the place with a relaly lot of people on NY Eve. However former France mansion La Residence Phou Vao supsringly was more than execellent hoptel, which I am ready to quote as one of the best hotels in the world, but I indeed travel a lot.

Re: NYE in Cambodia, Vietnam or Laos?

by stedeb

Having been to all 3 countries but not on NYE but if it is crowds and festivities I think Vietnam would be the place. Laos is pretty quiet although I hear it is getting busy with tourists. Vietnam is pretty geared up for western holidays & tourists especially the south.

Comments