153 Taphul Road, Siem Reap, Cambodia

More about The Villa Siem Reap

good location in SR

by racayadi about Villa Siem Reap

less than 1mile walk from Pub Street
- Internet rooms near it are great, the people working there extremely helpful and computers are newer, so much faster....

- food at the GH is more expensive than other places..... practical/comfortable rooms....
first floor rooms could be noisy... friend stayed on second floor and it was fine....

single room - AC, private bthroom -- US$16.00

Siem Reap, Cambodia

by Jackhood about Advisor Angkor Villa Siem Reap

Advisor Angkor Villa's staff and Ms.Sophea, Thank you for your kind concern and take care us all time. My wife and I were very happy to rest at your nice place at the end of our trip. The place is decorated with taste and gives you the impression to sleep in the temples of Angkor! It was our first visit to Cambodia and we do think your country deserves the name of the 'country of smile’. We surely will recommend your place to friends. Only $10 for AC room including internet+Wifi 24 hours. Advisor Angkor Villa's staff and Ms.Sophea, Thank you for your kind concern and take care us all time. My wife and I were very happy to rest at your nice place at the end of our trip. The place is decorated with taste and gives you the impression to sleep in the temples of Angkor! It was our first visit to Cambodia and we do think your country deserves the name of the 'country of smile’. We surely will recommend your place to friends. Only $10 for AC room including internet+Wifi 24 hours.

A good clean guesthouse- excellent service

by matt_of_asia about Villa Siam Reap

Clean beds, clean room. Shower. Towels replaced each day. Fridge. No TV. 15 $US for standard room. (we stayed in that) You pay if you take food from it of course- prices differ based on what you take.

has a restaurant attached serving western and cambodian/thai style cuisine decent quality. Beer is available as well as a good selection of wines. A good atmosphere it is run by an Australian guy. we enjoyed the 6$ all you can eat BBQ on tuesday night,

-Minor downside- we booked a private bungalow (45$US)with Antony over the net 1 month before and upon arrival they had 'lost' our reservation... we had to go and get proof that we booked by running to an internet cafe at 9 at night and printing the proof. not a good welcome. We settled for the standard room cuz it looked clean and it was 9:30 at night and I didnt care to run around shopping- ya ya, up the butt, pfft- hardcore types be damned I still like the place. it is still the third world and you cant expect perfection if you travel out there.

other services:
Can pay 25$ extra to get a (certified by Apsara) tour guide for a day to show you through the temples and explain the significance of all the moldy stones and the history so its not just piles of old stones but the story of the rise and fall of an empire.

Can have them arrange for an english speaking tuk-tuk driver to bring you around the temple ruins 10$/day. you Pay extra to have him bring you out to farther away places not in the main area (Banteay Srei) (10$ more- its an extra 45-1hr drive on a dusty poor condition road- standard price I believe or perhaps I got screwed there who knows- doesnt matter it was worth it to ME.) He knows alot about the temple locations and can say a few facts too, but the tour guide has it memorized waaay supa!

Can have the desk guy arrange to contact travel agents to book your bus tix or boat tix to get to Phenom Penh, or where ever. The Villa Siem Reap

153 Ta Phul Rd

(200 meters from the Centre Market)

063 761036

092 256 691

www.thevillasiemreap.com

Amazing Tree House

by TripAdvisor Member PSeth15

We stayed at the Tree House Unit at Villa Siem Reap recently and even though it was for 2 days only, we loved every moment of it. The treehouse is a must stay for any one travelling with a family as it gives you the comfort of staying at home with all its charms for you to relish.
Done in a very tasteful traditional Khmer way,this standalone unit opposite the Siem Reap River provided us with a glimpse of what true Cambodian way of life is.

While you stay in the beautiful and comfortable interiors,you can organize your trips to suit your needs.the driver provided ( Mr Mono ) was an extremely professional and yet friendly person.

We loved the treehouse and would definitely recommend it to people who want to truly feel Cambodia( rather than stay in the artificial environment of pricy luxury hotels)

A Home Away From Home

by TripAdvisor Member bachk

The Villa Siem Reap is one of my most favorite places to stay in the world. I have stayed there three times in all and not once been disappointed, infact it just gets better and better as I get to know the staff and owners a little better. This guest house is a small refuge at the end of a hectic day. You know as soon as you board their tuk tuks from the airport that you have made the right decision with your accomodation. The drivers are all very welcoming, smiling and obliging. There are cold drinks in a cooler for you to enjoy on route to the guest house. The second sign that tells you have made the right decision to stay here is the very warm welome you get when you check in at reception. Fiona and Anthony ( the owners ) have done an amazing job in training their staff and they are a credit to them. ( On the third time I stayed at The Villa I felt like I was family returning home, and that is a wonderful way to feel on your vacation.)
The rooms are great value for money and I love the small touches they supply, shower soaps, hand soaps and shampoo.
The rooms are cleaned immaculately complete with small orchid flowers placed on your rolled up towels at the end of the bed. The restaurant is wonderful and the meals are fabulous. The complimentary breakfast of toast and coffee is ample to start the day. Once again small touches like refreshing towels provided before your meal are appreciated. Also the waiting staff are to be applauded on their excellent grasp of English. This has to be attributed to the English lessons the owners ( and Cherylynne the manageress on the third visit ) provide for their staff. We witnessed one of these lessons while we were there in June and it looked like so much fun.
This is a guest house that provides wonderful value for money but also one you will definitely want to return to due to the warm welcome and service the employees provide.
The Suagar Palm restaurant just up the road is a bonus to have on your doorstep. I hope I have the good fortune to return to The Villa for a fourth visit to reunite with old friends.

Fantastic - you need stay nowhere else in Siem Reap!

by TripAdvisor Member TheMasonsJersey

What a fantastic place to stay, friendly atmosphere, great food, clean inexpensive rooms and above all wonderful staff who look after your every need.

The Villa is currently under the supervision of Cherlynne, who is looking after the place wonderfully whilst Fiona and Anthony are back in their homeland (OZ) expecting their first child.

We would recommend you stay no-where else in Siem Reap, you don't need to, every need has been thought of and nothing is too much trouble to make your stay enjoyable.

We had never been to Siem Reap before and after our 5 short days there we would not hesitate to go back. Our time at the Villa, the visits to the Temples and the warm hospitality of the Cambodian people have seen to that.

The Villa can arrange guides and drivers for you to visit the temples, they have an in-house masseuse (who is fab) and also an agreement to use one of the pools in one of the hotels. Just sit back and let them look after you, you won't be disappointed!

Loved this guesthouse

by TripAdvisor Member red_wanderer

We stayed in this lovely little guesthouse for six nights while visiting the temples of Angkor. The room cost US$25 per night which was excellent value.

The guesthouse itself was very clean and we found the facilities very
good: decent restaurant with reasonable prices, one load of laundry cost us US$3.50, and we booked one excursion to the Floating Villages
with them. They also arranged a tuk tuk driver who took us around the
temples for three days. His name was Mr Han Mony and he was a really lovely guy who spoke good English, had decent knowledge about the temples, and gave us tips on photography (seemed to be a hobby of his).

The staff at The Villa were really friendly and made the stay a really pleasant and relaxing one. The location is convenient too - less than a ten minute walk to the central market and bars / restaurants.

Overall, I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.

What a memorable trip!

by TripAdvisor Member cambridgechica

My sisters, friend, and I had a very pleasant stay at the Treehouse a couple of months ago. It's a spacious 3-bedroom house on stilts with modern amenities near the river. It had everything from a/c, ceiling fans, stocked fridge, modern toilet & shower, tv, dvd player...and yes, chirping geccos!

We booked a 3-night luxury package which included airport transfers, temple packs, breakfast, cocktail vouchers, buffet dinner, pool passes, in-room massage, personal tuk-tuk drivers, and a tour guide for a day.

Our tuk-tuk drivers, Mr. Han and Mr. Loeun, were always prompt, polite, and very kind. Our tour guide, Mr. Thea, was the best! We learned so much from him, and we enjoyed hearing all his stories. We liked him so much that we booked him the next day ($25 extra) to be our tour guide as we explored more temples. If you're going to book a package with The Villa, ask for these gentlemen!

The messeuse, on the other hand, are another story. They talked during our "relaxing" in-room massage even after we asked them not to, and they were not very professional.

But despite that, everything else was so wonderful that I would still rate my experience as excellent. I will never forget my trip to Siem Reap.

Perfect Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member packan

We stayed at this lovely villa during our trip to Siem Reap and it was indeed a perfect holiday!!
The service is really good and it starts off right at the airport when you are picked up by one of their tuk tuk drivers with cool refreshing drinks!!
The rooms are really clean and very simple n "down to earth"..and the rest food is really gud too..especially the break fast items like the omelette's..and u must try the khmer cuisine...

They really make you feel right at home..and the staff is really polite and helpful...
their temple packs r really gud too..after exploring the temples thru the hot morning..they provide you with a nice lunch box..complete with cold towels to beat the heat...

This is defiinitely "the" place to stay in siem reap...

Hidden gem

by TripAdvisor Member JacquieP

We spent 2 nights at the villa in mid june and absolutely loved it. The rooms are very clean and appealing.The staff were excellent including Cherylynne who is the temporary manager.( Owners were back in Aussie having a baby!) After a hot and exhausting day at the temples we loved returning to the cool garden courtyard and restaurant to partake in the very tasty food and cool drinks.Really enjoyed our voluntary time spent at Trailblazers. A water purifying charity operation sponsored by the Villa. Loved the idea of supporting the community in this way-keep up the good work!!!Would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to return with my family one day soon!!

Golden Temple Villa - Siem Reap

by aussie_chelle

hey all,

just wondering if anyone here has stayed in the golden temple villa? what did u think of it? was it clean?

also, how was the location, as far as nightlife goes?

thanks

Hotel air conditioning

by schat

Hi- I've read good reviews for the Villa Siem Reap here, but I have a specific question about it: does the air con work well in the heat of July? I'm a bit addicted to sleeping in cool air, and I'm afraid to trust the ac in guesthouses without checking first. Any help is appreciated!

by tracyskf

The Villa Siem Reap is an excellent choice! I was impressed with the personalised service. Air con works very well, my stay there was most comfortable.

When are you going? Have you book your room or package? If u book the package which is inclusive of the tuk tuk driver, I recommend Mr Han. He is very good - friendly and helpful!

by schat

Thank you for this info! I will be arriving there on the 18th of July. I have booked a driver through the hotel, so maybe I will be lucky and have Mr. Han. I am very much looking forward to my visit, and your response makes me even more confident in staying at the Villa!

by tracyskf

Hey, u can request for him you know, he really go the extra mile, different from other drivers. Enjoy yourself at The Villa, I love it - totally wonderful experience.

by schat

Hey, TRacey! I met Mr. Han the other day and he was very happy when I told him that you had recommended him to me. He said you were so friendly, and he misses you. JUst thought you'd like to get his message:)
Susan

by tracyskf

Hey thanks! I think he is the best and most friendly driver The Villa has!
How was your trip - managed to cover all the places you planned on visiting? U supposed you booked Mr Han as your driver?

by nptnpt

A/C in hotel works very well. Nice and cool.

But A/C in bus from Phnom Phen to Siem Reap (6 hrs) does not work so well because the day time temperature is just so hot that even at full blast, the bus is still kind of hot.

Group Accomodation

by SyNkRoNiZe

Hi Everyone,

This is perhaps a little too early to ask but no harm on researching early. There's a group of us (8 pax) heading to Siem Reap between 12 May 2006 - 15 May 2006. Based on what I've read so far on the net, I realised that USD is commonly used. This can be a slight problem since our currency is quite weak if we were to exchange to USD.

Anyway, would anyone happen to have a suggestion as to any Villa/Bungalow which can house up to 8 pax under 1 roof? We would like something clean and affordable.

We did also come across The Villa, Siem Reap (www.thevillasiemreap.com) and it looks good and afforable too! Anyone stayed there before could perhaps comment?

We're just exploring to see if we can perhaps get a big bungalow (u know like Bali style .. haha:P) to house all of us instead of separate rooms in a building.

Love to hear from you guys! Thanks in advance.

RE: Group Accomodation

by Homanded

Hello, you will very much enjoy your visit to Siem Reap.
You might want to try the Bopha Angkor Hotel....very reasonable and great ambiance/restaurant for a large group.
Much more info, along with links on our travel pages of Cambodia.
Yes, we found that US currency was the prefered form of payment in Cambodia. I also discuss this in our travelogues and even ran into Europeans that were complaining about fact that, in order to use their money, they had to first change it into US currency. I hope the Cambodian people start to strengthen the value of their OWN currency by utilizing it! This was only country throughout our travels in SE Asia that we encountered this problem in.

RE: RE: Group Accomodation

by icyjo24

You need USD or Thai baht to change to the local currency. USD is preferred except in the land border at Poipet where Thai baht is also widely accepted.

I stayed in Rithyrin Villa in Siem Reap but its a twin room with fan at USD5 per day. There are many rooms there. Its clean and nice, and within walking distance to the town area. Most guesthouses cost around this price for a twin room or slightly cheaper depending on the season. You may want to consider that.

RE: Group Accomodation

by Snowvines

Not sure if you found accommodation your group of 8 but we are a group of 10 going in April and we are also keen on renting a bungalow or apartment. Do let us know if you happen to find something interesting.

Comments