Central Park, Siem Reap, 93145, Cambodia

Agoda.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 89% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• rodshaw's Profile Photo

Peaceful elegance

The Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa was our haven during our stay in Cambodia, and it was wonderful! The hotel is in the French Colonial style and the staff are welcoming - they really aim to please.

We booked several trips through the hotel service to get a grip on the key sights. We then asked the hotel to arrange a guide and minibus for our use. The guide was great, a local guy who really knew how to get the most out of our visit. The pool was most welcome when we came back for lunch on a few occasions.

We were completely taken with the hotel, the staff, the rooms, the pool - just about everything really! I highly recommend Siem Reap and the Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa is an excellent place to stay.

Unique Quality: The hotel has a gorgeous colonial feel which is cool and relaxing.

The pool is most most welcoming and relaxing - no hassling here

The rooms are well appointed and well kept

The staff are very helpful - a drink, a snack, a meal, book a trip, get a guide, nothing is too much

The Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa is close to the centre, far enough away to be very peaceful even though we walked to many places.

Directions: Opposite the Royal Gardens

More about Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa

I love the experience of Victoria Angkor.

by TripAdvisor Member lovestotravelSydney

I stayed at the Victoria Angkor for five nights in September with my wife and loved every minute of it.
We've stayed at two Victoria Hotel in Vietnam (Sapa and Hoi An) before Victoria Angkor, they all have lots of charm, quality and unique style.
They just have awonderful way of making you feel at home.
The welcome we had was an excellent surprise. My brother contacted the hotel and asked the hotel to send their vintage Citreon from the 1920s (I think) to the airport to pick us up as an anniversary present. It was an amazing arrivel!
Everything we ate at the restaurant was awesome, especially the French restaurant.
Our suite was great. I would recommend to anyone who wants a suite to choose the Pierre Loti Suite. It's just above the pool, but quiet and has great views.
Victoria Angkor is a great place to stay for anyone who loves quality time, food and is ready for truely nice experience.

wonderful hotel, great service

by TripAdvisor Member newsjunkie404

It is a wonderful colonial hotel with perfect service.
The breakfast is pretty expensive, but worth it. Try the chicken salat and vegetable quiche! The restaurant offers great dinner and the hotel boutique has a real nice collection of high quality souvenirs and gifts.
Hotel staff is honestly friendy, efficient and always ready to help! I checked some other 5 star hotels on my last day, but would always return to the Victoria Angkor!

Great Choice for Siem Reap

by TripAdvisor Member Edf1020

I just returned from a trip to Cambodia that included four nights in Siem Reap at the Victoria Angkor Resort. I booked the Deluxe pool view room for $10 extra and think it was well worth it. The hotel is very attractive and comfortable, and the staff were great. The breakfast is excellent, though you should try to book a rate that includes it. At $14/day it was one of the most expensive meals I had in four days in Siem Reap. I also visited the spa a couple times and thought they did a great job on treatments. Although you can find spas in town for much less, the rates are still extremely low compared to any other hotel spa I've ever visited. The pool was great and was a nice break from the hot days trekking through temples in the area. I saw a few of the other hotels while I was in Siem Reap and my impression was that this is one of the best value "luxury" properties--in town, very nice rooms, great service, but at a decent rate. You can't quite walk to the downtown section, but it's only a $1 or $2 ride in a tuk-tuk, which are readily available. I also booked my airport transportation through the hotel ($7 each way), which was a good value for a private car pickup and dropoff. I would highly recommend this hotel for travelers to Siem Reap.

Quality and relaxing time

by TripAdvisor Member Austrav07

At the end of September, with my family (8 of us) we experienced Victoria Angkor, 4 nights, and had a great relaxing time.
This was the last 4 days of our holiday in Asia (Thailand & Vietnam before), we were looking for a quality and relaxing environment.
The hotel location is perfect, close to the temples (go there with a tuk tuk, this is a nice and funny experience), as well as the city center with the old market.
My wife found some very nice locally made jewelry, in the hotel boutique.
We loved the charm, atmosphere & quality of service at Victoria. The breakfast is fabulous and was included.
One of the best time of the day, after a VERY warm visit at the temples (this is very hot in September, but apparently it cools down from October onwards), is a dive in the salt water pool, surrounded with vegetation & then a massage at their spa. We love it and repeated it everyday ;-)
Recommended for a quality and relaxing time, and perfect to finish your holidays I think.

Beautiful hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Joanaw

This hotel is simply beautiful and will add to a wonderful stay in Cambodia. We stayed for only 3 nights during a whistle-stop tour of South East Asia on our honeymoon. Cambodia was certainly the highlight of our trip and the Victoria Angkor added to the memories.
Its simplistic design and structure, incredibly friendly staff, lovely rooms, great spa and pool and wonderful food all added to a magical holiday experience. I would thoroughly recommend it. For anyone thinking of visiting Siam Reap soon, go for longer than 3 nights, there is so much to see and do. We'll return as we didn't see everything. Also, the town of Siam Reap is buzzing, well worth it for cheap shopping, good food and lively drinking spots. The only downside is mosquitos, bring plenty of insect repellant and wear it at all times

Every thing you could wish for in Siem Reap

by TripAdvisor Member Roderick52

Found by looking through brouchures and tripadvisor. Lovely colonial style hotel. We took a look at Raffles Grand Hotel adjacent and didn't like it as much as the Victoria Angkor, so felt we were very lucky. When we arrived we were given drink. A hostess in traditional costume (Seda) was assigned to us and took us smoothly through the check in process and was available to give information and advice any other time.

Pleasant room with small but adequate bathroom. The service was prompt. Bath hand rail was fixed same day and extra towels (due to accidental splash) were delivered in minutes! The room was regularly re-stocked with complimentary bottled water and another nice touch was the turn down service with a different gift each evening.

Breakfast was up to international standard, in a pleasant courtyard setting by the pool. A particularly good feature was the freshly juiced drink made to order. We enjoyed the pineapple and celery combination. Evening entertainment (traditional Khmer music and dancing) with buffet was good value and very well presented, much of it cooked to order (e.g. stir-fry).

The eccentric and antique small lift is something to be aware of. It's outer door has iron bars that can hit ones legs as it swings shut before one has opened the inner double swing doors.

Fine hotel but don't expect 5 star experience!

by TripAdvisor Member swinggal55

We stayed at some nice hotels during our trip (ex: Oriental bangkok, Four Seasons Koh Samui) and compared to real 5 star hotels, this is a 3 star. But if you are looking for a 3/4 star - this is your place. The general hotel decor is stylized and nice but the rooms are not very well appointed. The mattress was uncomfortable and the TV sucked. The shower made me think of motel bathrooms. It was not tragic but we expected more from the reviews people wrote on this site. A plus - the breakfast buffet was included in the room rate and was pretty good. But room service dinner did not impress. (But then again, we thought the food in Siem Reap was not that good overall) We had dinner at Hotel de Paix one night and figured out quickly why it's the most popular and expensive hotel in town - it's very modern, cool and beautiful (but we didn't see the rooms).

We chose Victoria because we knew we wouldn't spend lots of time there due to sightseeing and we also chose to save a little here so we could splurge more elsewhere. So if you are choosing to go cheaper, then it's fine as long as you realize that this is not a 5 star. But perhaps I am being a little unfair because Cambodia as a whole is undeveloped when it comes to tourism and they just don't have the kind of accommodations and service that are available in Bangkok or other cities. If you can spend a little more, I say go for Hotel de Paix.

Great Colonial Charm

by TripAdvisor Member Willcon

I took my wife and parents to Siem Reap for 3 days in mid-November. We were thrilled on arrival at the colonial style of the hotel and despite the hotel being very busy, the staff were very welcoming and attentive. The hotel proved to be a perfect base to visit Angkor Wat and the city. The overall feel of the resort made our stay very relaxing. Would not hesitate to recommend or return.

A wonderful 3 day stay

by TripAdvisor Member ugaworldtraveler

Excellent Hotel. Friendly staff, great facilities, very nice rooms and wonderful pool. The location is very convenient, in that, it is an easy walk into town for shopping and dinning. Had stayed at the Le Meridian for one unpleasant night and made the right decision to check into the Victoria. The hotel added to my enjoyment of Angkor Wat.

Perfect place to stay in Siem Reap

by TripAdvisor Member Cessna152

Stayed in the Hotel in December 2007 for three days. Like most people came to Siem Reap to see the temples but found so much more.

The Hotel is excellent in so many ways - location for the temples (10 minutes tuc tuc, use Mr On, he is very reliable) - location for Bar / Pub Street area where all the restaurants are about 5 mins tuc tuc.

Service is great, rooms are comfortable, quiet and well equipped and there is an excellent swimming pool to wind down around after a hard morning's temple trekking. There is even a small pool containing baby crocodiles in the ground floor of the hotel.

Breakfast excellent - even offered Champagne as part of the deal. Book B and B.

Check out the Park at sunset (opposite the hotel) - there are hundreds of enormous fruit bats that go off on their travels.

Siem Reap itself offers a nice place to stay - plenty of bars and restaurants offering cheap beer ($1) and great food (try the Kmer food, $20 for two including alcohol, starters and main courses). Notable restaurant is the Dead Fish Tower - an experience not to be missed and you can even feed the crocodiles (16 fifteen footers) for 50 cents.

Temples are fantastic - you could spend a week there.

Overall I would definitely go back to Siem Reap and stay in the Victoria - Cambodia is a great place.

Comments