170 Monivong, Phnom Penh, 12209, Cambodia

Budget Travel
kenningst's Profile Photo

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 28, 2008

I have been traveling for a while and decided that I stay in a more luxury spot but still within my budget in Phnom Penh. I came across this place and stay here for 3 nights. For USD20 a night it has 1 king size bed, air-conditioning, satellite television, fridge, en-suite toilet and also a cupboard in the room. Safe deposit box service is also available at the lobby. Because this place is situated among a bunch of other mid to high end hotels, it is much safer and also motorcycle taxis are more easily available.

luisspamer's Profile Photo

THIEVES

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 28, 2007

I checked in to this modestly priced, centrally located hotel without incident. It was clean and had 3 or 4 placards in the room stating they were "not responsible for valuables left in room." So I put my passport and cash in a security box at the front desk. I recieved a receipt and left everything there until check out time. The morning I was scheduled to depart, I paid my bill and my passport was there but all the cash was gone! I waited an hour while the owner's son tried to appease me by blaming staff, from the cleaning maid to the front desk clerk who recieved my valuables. I missed two flights and they also charged me an extra evening stay. They would do nothing! So by 16:00 I went to the tourist police myself to get action taken. After 2 more hours of listening to10 Cambodians including the owners and their son and 2 staff, I finally received my money in the exact denominations I had left in the safety deposit box. I recommend not staying at this place strongly. While I was waiting a local motorbike taxi told me this happens quite often. Once again, don't stay here. There are to many other viable options in the area.

Unique Quality: None

aqazi's Profile Photo

Comfort in the centre of town

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 7, 2004

We ended up here after deciding the backpacker joints in town were too far out and we wanted to be more central and have a/c to shelter us from the heat. The hotel is right by the central market which turned out to have the first escalator in the country. A newspaper report told how poeple were travelling in from the countryside to ride on it.

The place has a restaurant, internet cafe and international telephone booth. The main sites are all within walking distance. Most people at the hotel were business people or mid aged tourists. The hotel was OK I guess but nothing special at all.

Unique Quality: The lobby was full of these huge peices of wooden furniture which no one ever sat on.

Nearby Asia Hotel

• Asie Hotel Phnom Penh

Address: 170 Monivong, Phnom Penh, 12209, Cambodia

1 Photo of Asia Hotel

Phnom Penh Travel Forum

Need advice about Phnom Penh, Cambodia? Visit the Travel Forum for Phnom Penh and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Phnom Penh hotel reviews

Royal University
Royal Palace
Silver Pagoda
Favorites
01- Psah Thom Thmey or ‘Central Market’
History and religion