170 Monivong, Phnom Penh, 12209, Cambodia

Satisfaction Terrible

• kenningst's Profile Photo

Asia Hotel

I have been traveling for a while and decided that I stay in a more luxury spot but still within my budget in Phnom Penh. I came across this place and stay here for 3 nights. For USD20 a night it has 1 king size bed, air-conditioning, satellite television, fridge, en-suite toilet and also a cupboard in the room. Safe deposit box service is also available at the lobby. Because this place is situated among a bunch of other mid to high end hotels, it is much safer and also motorcycle taxis are more easily available.

• luisspamer's Profile Photo

THIEVES

I checked in to this modestly priced, centrally located hotel without incident. It was clean and had 3 or 4 placards in the room stating they were "not responsible for valuables left in room." So I put my passport and cash in a security box at the front desk. I recieved a receipt and left everything there until check out time. The morning I was scheduled to depart, I paid my bill and my passport was there but all the cash was gone! I waited an hour while the owner's son tried to appease me by blaming staff, from the cleaning maid to the front desk clerk who recieved my valuables. I missed two flights and they also charged me an extra evening stay. They would do nothing! So by 16:00 I went to the tourist police myself to get action taken. After 2 more hours of listening to10 Cambodians including the owners and their son and 2 staff, I finally received my money in the exact denominations I had left in the safety deposit box. I recommend not staying at this place strongly. While I was waiting a local motorbike taxi told me this happens quite often. Once again, don't stay here. There are to many other viable options in the area.

Unique Quality: None

• aqazi's Profile Photo

Comfort in the centre of town

We ended up here after deciding the backpacker joints in town were too far out and we wanted to be more central and have a/c to shelter us from the heat. The hotel is right by the central market which turned out to have the first escalator in the country. A newspaper report told how poeple were travelling in from the countryside to ride on it.

The place has a restaurant, internet cafe and international telephone booth. The main sites are all within walking distance. Most people at the hotel were business people or mid aged tourists. The hotel was OK I guess but nothing special at all.

Unique Quality: The lobby was full of these huge peices of wooden furniture which no one ever sat on.

More about Asia Hotel

Asia Hotel- Phnom Penh

by batgirl1001

Large mid-size hotel just a 3-min walk to Central Market. In the busy Moningvong Boulevard street.

Has range of rooms from $20 onward to large suites. Popular with Asian tourists, business travellers.

Offers many travel, ticket and tour arrangements. Has other extra services like massage, 'girls' or 'boys' for entertainment.

Staff are quite professional and friendly. Has a safe (free) for storing valuables. Internet, around-the-clock reception.

When I return from Sihanoukville and there was no room available, the staff drove us to their sister hotel Hawaii Hotel and promptly booked us for the night there.

Even picked us up the next day to have breakfast at their hotel- free of charge. Located at a very noisy street. Ask for a quiet room away from Moningvong Boulevard. I woke up at 3am unable to sleep due to the loud traffic below and stayed awake until 7am.

Convenient to Central Market. Near to Lucky Supermarket where you can shop for tidbits, bottled water and conveniences.

Always a lot of motos around asking for fares. For fares to Sisowath Quay, it is 2000 riel for a moto pp. More if you are taking the slower trishaw or the motocycle carriage.

Comments