Paragon Hotel

mitexi's Profile Photo

Beware

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 13, 2008

Although a conveniently located hotel, the Paragon was very disappointing. I was only able to stand one night there. The cost was $25 for a double bed and at check in the staff said they had wireless... after we paid, they told us we needed to buy it. After I bought it there was no connection and I ended up having to go outside on the balcony with the bugs to get a few bars. There was an awful smell that contributed to my few occurring gags that have happened here in Cambodia that my friend gets a kick out of. I recommend finding another place to stay. You can get much better for cheaper!

Unique Quality: Great view of the river from the balconies.

Directions: Riverfront area

balhannah's Profile Photo

Riverfront hotel

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 8, 2008

The Paragon Hotel is in an excellent position on the riverfront.
I had a room overlooking the river, with a shared balcony, but I was the only one who used it.

It had 2 double beds and was a large room. The bathroom was large, but on the first day, it flooded from the drain, and the bath filled with water. I complained, and they fixed the plumbing.
The towels were grey, and one had a hole in it.
No Breakfast, and no computer to use. Didn't matter about breakfast as there were excellent restaurants next door.
The stairs were steep and I had to use them most of the time, because of electricity blackout. There was a lift. The room is airconditioned, and tea or coffee is available to be made in your room.
It is in a very noisy position, traffic seems to go all night.

I had booked a $25 river view room 6weeks in advance, but when I arrived, they said they didn't have one available and that I would have to stay in the more expensive room. They would not reduce the price. I thought the price of $30 per night was too dear for the facilities and condition of what was offered.

Unique Quality: River views

Directions: Tonle sap riverfront

Etoile2B's Profile Photo

Affordable Riverfront Accomodations

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 19, 2007

This Riverfront guesthouse came recommended to us by another popular (but completely booked) guesthouse in Phnom Penh. We were able to reserve a river view room with a double bed for $25 US a night. They offered airport pickup for $7 US (which we declined because we didn’t know our arrival time). When we arrived we were informed that they didn’t have the river view with the double bed, only 2 twins for $30 US or a room with a double bed and a partial view of the river for $20 US. We opted for the partial view. The room was clean and spacious. It featured TV, hot water and ac. It’s in a great location – easy walking distance to bars, restaurants, the Silver Pagoda and other attractions. The staff is friendly, helpful and speaks relatively good English. But like all other guesthouses in the area the management is always trying to “up-sell” you by booking tours, travel, visas and transportation through them. The problem we encountered here is the manager turned slightly unfriendly when we refused to book bus tickets to Siem Reap through him. (We did book airline tickets and got our visas to Vietnam through him but he completely overcharged us!) Overall I would recommend the Paragon Hotel, but I would suggest booking all visas, travel and tours through a travel agent instead of here.

Unique Quality: Wrap around balconies accessible to all hotel guests with great river views, air conditioning, in-room mini-refridgerator, hot water.

Nearby Paragon Hotel

8 Photos of Paragon Hotel

Phnom Penh Travel Forum

Need advice about Phnom Penh, Cambodia? Visit the Travel Forum for Phnom Penh and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Phnom Penh hotel reviews

Silver Pagoda
Great Khmer BBQ
ROYAL PALACE, LOOK UP AND SEE BUDDHA
Things to Do
THE FINEST CAMBODIAN ARCHITECTURE(NATIONAL MUSEUM)
SMOKIN' POT--------INTERESTING
THE HORROR AT CHOEUNG EK
The Return of the Prasat Chen Sculptures
Things to Do
Running the gauntlet of tuk tuk drivers!