Star-Royal Hotel

Expedia.com Travelocity Hotels.com

Satisfaction Poor

• bpwarne's Profile Photo

Absolutely the worst experience of my 30 day trip

I stayed at this hotel on my return to Phnom Penh from Siem Reap, after deciding to live it up a bit after having saved money by taking the bus back to Phnom Penh as opposed to the airplane. This hotel was highly recommended by Lonely Planet as the place to stay if you wanted to "splurge" a bit. I certainly did not enjoy my stay.

First room: A/C leaked onto table soaking my camera, many lights not working.
    Second room: no hot water, fridge not working
    No working elevator entire stay.

Upon complaining to staff about my camera being soaked by the leaking A/C and not working, I was offered an indifferent "sorry, thats to bad, but it is not our problem" by one of the staff.
    I then asked to speak with the manager. When the manager finally showed up a couple hours later, he offered to have a 'engineer' look at it. He never returned it. Upon leaving the next morning, I was told by the manager that the camera was fixed but they could not locate the engineer. He told me it was no problem though as he would forward my camera to the hotel I would be staying at in Saigon. I had to leave or miss my ride to Saigon and as I was to meet my arriving wife from the US in Saigon that afternoon, I had no choice but to leave. He never did return my camera, despite numerous emailings to him which he did not respond to. Several weeks later, after more emailings, he finally responded by telling me that the camera could not be fixed and he felt no further obligation to me as it looked to be an older camera anyway. Unbelievable.

Unique Quality: Over priced, over rated, not at all what you would expect from a hotel in this price category in Phnom Penh. A very big disappointment. The management's lie about the camera being repaired and then never returning it to me is totally unexpected and totally unacceptable by any standard.

Comments