Beihai Scenic Area, Huangshan, Anhui, 242709, China

Satisfaction Poor

• storyin's Profile Photo

Storyin Huangshan

北海賓館

Nice view window for the standard twin bed room at 「散花精舍」 room 6203.

Sunset and sunrise view from the area of hotel. Press 9 for morning call.

Only one room key card, but front desk will help you to open room door if you do not want to go hiking with your travel mate :)

Free internet in the room. No toothpaste and toothbrush.

Cheaper price for booking at internet like eLong(艺龙旅行网).

Extra charge 70 RMB for buffet breakfast(very nice soybean milk) in their nice view restaurant.

Unique Quality: the VIEW~!

Directions: Great location, close to the south entrance and 云谷索道.
    And southern part is comfortable for older people.

• Lion_Beat's Profile Photo

The Famous Beihai Hotel

I stayed here for just one night, I would stay for longer, but the place was fully booked.
    About booking: you should consider booking in advance, especially if you planning on visiting Huangshan on holidays or weekend! I tryed to do so by using their online booking, but since it is useless - I failed to do so. It simply sends an email to the hotel with your details, but nobody ether confirmed my booking. Since one of my friends went in there some weeks before I was planning my trip I thought there should be no problems with that. It was later then I found out that the online booking is down and nobody is taken care of online reservations. The best idea will be calling them directly.

The short story is, I found out I have no reservation and the hotel is fully boooked (as well as all the other hotels at the top) and I am at the top with no confirmed reservation. So what I did is take my notebook, connect to the internet at the reception desk and show them the automaticaly sent email for reservation and their online reservation form. Since they were a bit frustraited they tryed to do their best and find any accomodation available. And there was an option, one of the tourist groups had one bed in a dormitory, the group guide agreed to lend me the bed. That was it!

Prices: a standart room will cost you 1100 RMB if you come directly, if you're Chinese and know how to deal, or speack some Chiinese you'll get the same room for the discount rate of 850 RMB. If you come with a group or booked through a travel agency which will not overcharge, you'll pay just 780 RMB. Obviously you want the best price! In a village of Tangkou, at the foot of the mountain there is guy who speacks english quite well, his name is Mr.Hu (I will write about him later) and he can arange the best price for you. Here is his mobile no: 13956264786.

Unique Quality: This is probably the best hotel to stay when up in the mountains. It is actually one of the few hotels located on top. The reason I consider it the best is the place itself, it is surrounded by amazing scenery and it is just 5 minutes away from one of the best spots out there for watching sunrises.

• stmlnyc's Profile Photo

Beihai Hotel

One of the larger hotels up in the mountains of Huangshan. It supposedly has a 3 and 4 star accomodations. The 4 star rooms and the dining options were OK.

During my stay, water was being rationed and only available during certain hours. Don't expect too much, it is located high atop a mountain and difficulties will arise. I suspect this is the case with the other hotels.

Unique Quality: Was told that the hotel laundry is washed in the town at the base of the mountains and brought up back and forth in bundles by laborers. That is a long hike!

Directions: In the Beihai area of Huangshan. Not too far (about 3 km) from Brightness Peak.

More about Beihai Hotel

There are no 'short-cuts' on Huangshan Mtn!

by SandiM

If you are pressed for time and want the easiest route to climb Huangshan Mountain, read this. My 72 yr old mother and I climbed Huangshan in 48hrs in September 2009. The easiest up route is to take the Yungu cablecar up, and ascend the Eastern steps. This is route doesn't have many ascents, and is a fairly easy for even 2 older women to do. The view is lovely! It takes approx 1 hr to do the actual steps from the cable car, with plenty of stops to rest and take photos (longer if you are slightly out of shape!). No smoking is allowed along this route except at the cable car (mom is a smoker!). We stayed at the Beihai hotel at the top. Mornings at the top of Huangshan will find you at the sunrise-viewing platform with about 30 other people. It's a tight squeeze, with uneven footing since it's not a flat platform up there! On the way down, we decided to take the 'short-cut' route, and not take the western sea canyon route. Well, if you take the 'short-cut', sure it's less distance to walk but it is entirely UPHILL WALKING. There is no view along this route! Just stairs & stairs & stairs going up up up. In hindsight, we should have taken the slightly longer western sea canyon route, to at least appreciate the view. Once we hit the actual 'western steps' down, the view was more incredible than the eastern side! However, we would have been in agony attempting the upward journey as it is VERY steep and clings to the side of the moutain. But, so worth it going down! Time down is approx 3-5 hours, depending on how fast you go. We were pressed for time to hit the Yuping cable car before it shut down for the night (530pm) so we hired the porters to haul us down. We heard it was pricey, and it was. We managed to negotiate a price of 700RMB EACH (1400 total) to go from the Tian Pavillion down to the cablecar. It was pricey, but they had to haul both of us down and we each weighed around 155 pounds, and we wanted them to rush. It didn't look like you could negotiate a better rate, their supervisors seem to be watching the porters closely and when we got them to come down from 780RMB to 700RMB, they all turned to the supervisor and waited for his nod before taking us. AND THEY MOVED FAST! We got down in about 1.5 hrs with these guys with a couple of stops for rests. They also hinted about giving them a tip (we did, they really deserved it! 38 celsius!). For 4 guys, we gave them an extra 250RMB total. Since we had to catch the train at 7pm in Tunxi, we paid it. And what a memory we have now!!

Beihai Hotel Huangshan -dorm room booking

by madalinuta18

Hi everyone!

I searched the web, looking for a way to book a 4 dorm room in Beihai Hotel Huangshan. But the only thing I found was how to book a standard room, but no dorm room.
I will be travelling in September (20th-23rd) and I would like to solve the accomodation in the next 2 weeks.

Thank you!
Madalina

by ellyse

Accommodation prices are horrendous on Huangshan, and it's not easy to get a booking either.
I doubt there're any 4-bed dorms left, since all hotels have now put more beds into each room, in order to make more money!
I usually book Baiyun Hotel instead of Beihai Hotel, as they're marginally cheaper and also IMHO better-located especially for the route that I usually recommend. However the dorm rooms are 8-bed, I'm not sure if you want to buy out the entire room, or you'd prefer to split into other rooms (gender-segregated)?
If you need help with anything, VTMail me.

by madalinuta18

Thank you for your answer! I will think about it!

Madalina

by ellyse

No problem, you're welcome. Huangshan is a pretty popular destination for a lot of the exchange students that I meet up with, so I've been booking very frequently. Please note that I'm a tour agent trying to gouge money from you.
Feel free to email me at ellyse99@yahoo.com if you've any more questions about Huangshan -- please put "VirtualTourist" and your own username (eg madalinuta18) in the subject line, thanks.

Comments