Huangshan Xinyuan International Hotel

Agoda.com HostelBookers.com Ctrip.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Huangshan

Picture in visitor center.  I'll add my own later.Picture in visitor center. I'll add my own later.

Cable car station - rear mountainCable car station - rear mountain

The eternal balanceThe eternal balance

Happy & Interesting Travels!!Happy & Interesting Travels!!

weather in sept

by mkit

i am going to huangshan in beginning of sept. wandering how is the weather there...
do i really need windbreaker or anything thick over there???

by ricky52

Due to extreme climatic changes the World is experiencing at the moment, trying to predict the weather can be difficult because of local, on the day variations.
Most places now are seeing weather conditions well outside the norm.
The information below should be used as a guide only.

Here is the average weather for Huangshan for this time of year.
Enjoy your holiday.

Daylight hours 12
UV level 11 = Extreme
Humidity = High

by ellyse

I would suggest that you bring a windbreaker, but nothing thicker. If you feel cold while waiting for sunrise, rent an army coat from the hotel.

by mkit

thank you very much for your advise.

by mkit

thank you very much for your advise.

by SandiM

I will also be in Huangshan at the beginning of September. According to the websites I have just visited, it's currently raining in Huangshan and likely to be as wet for the next week. I hope it lets up by the first week of September! However, the forecasts do not look too promising for any sunshine....but it might be good if we can catch the 'sea of clouds' effect...

by mkit

Sandiman, Let keep our fingers crossed. Surely we will have great time...

by SandiM

Heck ya! Got my shoes and walking stick, ready to go! Just need one of those thin plastic rain poncho's, and a map of all the toilets and smoking areas along the way (my companion smokes like a demon).

by happyshirt

You don't mean your 71 yr old mom is the demon smoker??? :D

I'll be on the mt Sept 6 to 8. I'll look out for you.

Gosh can't wait. so excited after all this months of planning.

by happyshirt

Yes MKit we keep our fingers crossed the rain will let up in 1st wk of setp.
Your from Ipoh? I'm from penang. hope to see u there.

by SandiM

I'll miss seeing you, then, as we plan to be upside of that mountain on Sept 10. And yes, the smoker is my 72 yr old ma! ha ha I haven't told her yet that there probably aren't any 'smoking' areas....!

by ellyse

There're some smoking spots, but not many.

by mkit

Happyshirt, yeahh.. i will bring along malaysia flag to identified you... ha ha..
Sandim, i am a smoker too, see you at the smoking zone

by SandiM

My mom is the one with the white hair and smoking like a demon. I'm the one with the bright PINK hair. I just look like a demon, no smoking. ha ha we make for a fine pair and get a lot of comments on our journeys.....(I can get away with it, I'm a photographer and known to be a little whacky). Last one to the top is a rotten egg! :)

Travel Tips for Huangshan

Hiking & stopping to enjoy the views

by Sharrie

During the brief periods of no rain, the sceneries were stunning & I enjoyed hiking & stopping by constantly to capture the sights.

It's a great experience to just enjoy nature & letting time slip by you.
On the mountains, for most part of the day, one simply doesn't need to look at time.
It's being carefree that makes it such a wonderful experience.

Many times, some people would...

by FreeCloud

Many times, some people would find themselves on a scary stairways like this.

This particular one is about 50 degrees steep, the first one we ran into. Much steeper ones are ahead. This place is called 'one string sky', means you can see only a thin line width of sky when look up. Be very careful, use the hand railing if you are afraid.

The most dangerous thing is not the steepness, but when other people rushing down recklessly. The local people of course are not afraid of anything, they run down very swiftly. If you are afraid, watch your steps, do not look down far in the valley.

Mt.Huangshan - a must visit place

by jinwenwang

"West Sea Valley - 5 hours' up and down"

My last visit to Mt. Huangshan was in 2000. Of course, there are lots of things have been changed and renewed over past 10 years, eg. new cable, new road and new hotels, etc. And the most attractive one is the newly opened place called West Sea Valley, which takes about 5 hours' up and down (big V shape) climbing assuming not much rest taken in between. Very exciting and tiring while you climb on the edge of the mountain all the time...once you are on the way, no chance to head back...you have to move on until it finishes.

"on the edge"

"Foggy day"

HuangShan

by unice

"HuangShan"

I was in HuangShan during autumn 2002. It was very misty on the first day of our arrival. Fortunately, on the second day of our departure, the fog was cleared and so we saw one of HuangShan's beauty - sea of clouds.

Comments