Laojieyuan Jingpin Hotel

No.78 Yan'an Road, Huangshan, Anhui, 245000, China
Huangshan Old Street Building Boutique Hotel
Booking.com Ctrip.com Travelocity

More about Huangshan

Love Locks, See my Things To Do tip for more infoLove Locks, See my Things To Do tip for more info

photo take at Bright Summitphoto take at Bright Summit

Calligraphy on nearby rock praises wonderful sceneCalligraphy on nearby rock praises wonderful scene

By Chitan HungBy Chitan Hung

July Trip - Please Help

by lil_hippo

Hi - I'm going to Huangshan in July and trying to make reservations but have some lingering questions. Any help would be much MUCH appreciated.

1) Is Beihei Hotel too far to walk to if you ascend via Taiping cablecar in the morning and then walk around West Grand Canyon first? What if you are traveling with parents in their early 60s.

2) Is Cloud Dispelling Pavilion the best sunset spot in July?

3) Is Lion Peak better than Bright Top for sunrise?

4) About what time would I get back to Tunxi if I left Beihei hotel at 8 am, descend via the Western Steps (no Heavenly Capital Peak), and take the Yuping cablecar down.

5) Other than location, are there big difference between Beihei hotel and Baiyun hotel? I've heard horror stories about booking online for these hotels, is it better to call them?

6) How much in advance do you need to buy bus fare from Tunxi to Shanghai? Do they all take the same amount of time (5 hrs) and go to the same bus station in Shanghai?

7) Is the trekking map on Huangshantour.com the best treking map available?

Thanks so much!!!

by ellyse

1) I'd say yes. The West Sea Canyon is already about 4-5 hours of stairs (down and then up again, and some flat parts in between), and then it's another 3 km or so to Beihai Hotel.
4) Perhaps about 1300 or up till about 1600, depending on how long the queue for the cable car is.
5) Let me know if you need help with booking either.
6) No, some go to the main long-distance bus station, others to the South long-distance bus station.

by lil_hippo

Thanks for the information and the offer.

I was going to book Baiyun through CTrip.com

Is it better to call instead of using CTrip.com?

by ellyse

-shrug- I booked for about 30 of us on one trip, and more people after that, so I guess I've built up some kind of "track record" with them?

Travel Tips for Huangshan

Preparing for Huangshan

by SLLiew

Avoid brnging heavy luggage to Huangshan.

Steps even on top of Huangshan are narrow and steep and crowded with tourists.

Porters are available but will cost you an arm and a leg. It can rain or turn windy and cold.

So be prepared depending on which season you are going to Huangshan.

In summer, sunblock will prevent burns. Everything is much more expensive up the Huangshan. Walking sticks, raincoat, torchlight are essential items

A map of Huangshan will be helpful and a nice souvenir.

Upon arrival, you will find sellers of raincoat or recycled walking sticks.

The Cloud Valley Hotel (Yun Gu...

by FreeCloud

The Cloud Valley Hotel (Yun Gu Shan Zhuang). We did not stay in this hotel. We wished we had. While we were waiting to the cable ride to go up, we walked around in this hotel. This is a very good architecture design incorporating the traditional Chinese architecture philosophy, the local Hui style, and modern comfort. It is located at the beginning of the Yun Gu Cable station. So it is a good starting point. If you need detail information, Lonely Planet tourbook has it, or write to me, I will find out for you. We do not know the quality of service though.

No Mountain Else Worth To Climb Than Huangshan

by Chitan

"One of the top ten touring spots in China"

Huangshan is located in the southern part of Anhui province. occupying a landscape of nearly 1200 square meters wide, there are, in all, 72 peaks, 2 lakes, 3 waterfalls, 16 hot springs and 2 streams. Among the peaks, Tien Do Peak, Lotus Peak and Kuang Min Din are the most famous.

Comments