Ramada Huangshan Hotel

Zui Hot Springs Resort City, Tunxi District, Huangshan, Anhui, 245000, China
Zuiwenquan Holiday Hotel
Ctrip.com Tingo.com Travelocity

More about Huangshan

sunset at rear mountainsunset at rear mountain

Lotus PeakLotus Peak

cable carcable car

last minute shopping..last minute shopping..

Photography question--Huangshan Mtn China

by SandiM

And now a question for the avid Huangshan photographer! If you were taking the eastern steps up Huangshan (in early September!), staying the night at the top, and descending via the Western steps (avoiding the Heavenly Peak), where is your favorite spot to shoot photos from to capture the Sea of Clouds, sunsets, sunrises, even rainy spots? I heard it's pretty crowded at the top 'Dawn Pavillion' for the sunrise photos, so any tips where to go where it might be less crowded?

by ellyse

http://www.olegnovikov.com/cptg/anhui/huangshan.shtml has good information. :)

by SandiM

ellyse, you constantly amaze me! Yes, that's exactly what I was hoping for. Very detailed information! What a great help! Thank you! It also gave information on that waterfall I was looking for--Jiulong (although the link no longer works so I dont' know the exact location of it!). Cheers!

by ellyse

LOL, I have a lot of stuff bookmarked about China travel. :) Good that it helped you out!

Travel Tips for Huangshan

It's Spring!

by Sharrie

But on a rainy day, it felt like Autumn!

This is one place that you could have the "entire" place to yourself many a times.
In fact, on my visit, at most times, this entire mountain range was mine!

It can be scary but exciting as well...

According to Lonely Planet...

by FreeCloud

According to Lonely Planet tourbook, we thought this hotel (high above, end of the path), Jade Screen Hotel (Yu Ping Lou Bin Guan) on the Jade Screen Peak (Yu Ping Peak), would be a good place to see the sunrise.

We stayed there for one night. I would not recommend for anyone to stay there, as it is not cheap, $100/night (nowadays you can get it much cheaper if book online) for a double room with a very stinky bathroom with a sink like the one you see on an airplane. We spent a bit more to stay in its best room with a nice bathroom.

The linens are always damp due to humidity and there is no dryer there I guess. The toilets are always sanitized. The shower curtains seemed never cleaned. The TV might not work, so do not even dream of using it to view your video tapes recorded from a whole day's hike.

Its own merit is its location: We had no other choice but this as we want to have a good sleep after an 8-hour hike to relax our sore muscles, and get ready to hike to the highest peak (The Celestial Capital Peak - 'Capitol of Heaven) across where the hotel locates, next EARLY morning. For this reason, the hotel would be a good and even only choice.

We also found out next morning, we were not able to see the sunrise: there is a very narrow 'slot' from which you can see the sunrise between two peaks. But at the end of May, there is no way you can see the sun from that angle. :(

It was such a treat when the hotel staff were kind enough to let us leave our backpacks at the hotel, till we took a hot shower after we came back from the Celestial Capital Peak and check out at noon. This is the path to our hotel, one more hour's hike to get there!

Huangshan (Yellow Mountain)

by DJames77

"Sunrise on Huangshan"

Many people staying at the hotels on top of Huangshan mountain get up very early in the morning to see the sunrise. This photo was taken at about 5:30 in the morning. It was already crowded at all the tourist viewing spots when I got outside a little before 5:00 a.m. so I climbed up onto a rock ledge & waited for the sun to appear.

"Respectful Bird Listening"

One of the many entertaining signs found in China.

"View from Above"

Photo taken from near top of Huangshan.

Up up and away!

by gwen_tifa

Locks of love. Now you know the reason why people at the base of the mountain are persuading you to purchase thier locks.

When everything is so expensive for a budget traveller, even your own food that feels damp and wet smell and tastes so good.

On the way down, we noticed the smooth surface of the mountains. I could feel the smoothness despite not even having touched it. THe sky was much clearer compared to my way up.

It's always great to make new friends when the climb is slow and tough... encouragement and new stories are shared.

And reaching the peak, you smile to each other and hug with words of "well done!"

Comments