Tangkou Town, Huangshan, Anhui, 245800, China
Agoda.com Travelocity Asiatravel.com

More about Huangshan

Mid-level of Nine Dragon WaterfallMid-level of Nine Dragon Waterfall

Reach front mountainReach front mountain

View of the mountain from eastern park entranceView of the mountain from eastern park entrance

...going down somewhere......going down somewhere...

White Cloud Stream Scenic Area question

by SandiM

I've heard that this 'newly'-developed area is quite incredible to view. If we stay at the Beihai Hotel, and begin our descent after sunrise, is it much of a detour to take this path before doubling-back to go down to the Yuping cablecar? I heard there are some lovely fairy bridges and other interesting sites along this route, but we only wanted to go as far as the bridge (is there more than one?) and then go back to the western steps to continue going down.

Re: White Cloud Stream Scenic Area question

by OptimusPrimeShi

Yes...it is dreamscape Scenic Area, marvelous but adventure! Just hiking, if tired, and then turn back. It takes 3-4 hours to cover whole range. As I know, at present, no other beeline. The road is digged on the cliff, it is some breathtaking when hiking. Enjoy and take care.

Travel Tips for Huangshan

Imagination

by Sharrie

Huangshan is a landscape of your own imagination.
Over the years, artists & travelers have come up with their own version of what they saw.

Try it on your own.
It'll be a happy experiment & you'll be rewarded with moments of joy & thrills unimaginable until you are there yourself!

The peaks in Huangshan area...

by FreeCloud

The peaks in Huangshan area are actually pinicles. The hiking paths are built in a way that you have to get up and down all the time (thousands of steps!) for an 8-hour hike as we did. If you want to go to peak C from A, and B is in between, you have to walk up to top of B and down then up to C. There is no way you can bypass B, the paths were not built that way, and there was no room to build such a path either. Not every peak is climbable such as this 'Sword Peak'. You can only see it from afar.

Yellow Mountains

by mike_gda

One of the best memories from China - a trip to Huangshan, called "Yellow Mountains" in English. I was there on my birthday and received a fantastic gift - blue skies and great views. Mind you Huangshan is typically misty and cloudy and June is one of the worst periods as it is the middle of the rainy season.
Huangshan is the most picturesque place that I visited so far. The small bonsai-like trees combine beautifully with the rocks. What is interesting - the place is one of the oldest known tourists attractions. For centuries it has been an inspiration for artists, painters and poets. The mountains were also a reason behind the development of traditional Asian paintings.
The mountains are quite small, compact and easily managable. 1 or 2 days is enough to explore them. To go up the best idea is to take a cable car. The ascent is very steep and tiring and it's better to preserve energy for walking on the top. Also take into account that this is one of the top tourist attractions for the Chinese. this means lots of people, the place is very very crowded particularly on weekends, as it is not far from the big cities in the east. On a Saturday morning you can easily forget about taking the cable car.

Sharrie's Huangshan Hike

by Sharrie

HUANGSHAN (The Yellow Mountain or Huang Mountain, depending on translation or interpretation) - the hike I went up with lots of anticipation & one that I came down with apprehension. Huangshan is THE most famous mountain range in China. It's one where most Chinese would want to climb at least once before their deaths. It's the mountain in which many famous Chinese paintings are based on. It's THE MOUNTAIN! So, after seeing the many photos on the internet, I decided this was to be my cup of tea. I flew there from Shanghai, solo, & I started on an adventure of a lifetime. Some later called me crazy because it's very dangerous to climb a mountain on my own, let alone Huangshan. But I figured, well, there are many tourists & hikers on that mountain. It can't be that difficult! What I didn't anticipate was the wind. Yes, the wind which effectively shut down the cable car operation! & the rain which made the terrain dangerous! I was lucky though, very lucky, I survived it & while I was on my way from one mountain to the next, the rain was manageable! Next time, I'm going up with a team of hikers ;-)

Comments