Taoyuan Hotel

Best Western Huangshan Resort & Spa
Orbitz.com Agoda.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Huangshan

Look closely to see the Western Steps!Look closely to see the Western Steps!

photo take at Bright Summitphoto take at Bright Summit

Raining when arrived front mountain of HuangshanRaining when arrived front mountain of Huangshan

By Chitan HungBy Chitan Hung

Huangshan - Taiping Telpher

by sungka1

Hi. I will be staying at Beihai Hotel for 2 nites. Is it better to take the Yungu Cablecar and hike from there to the hotel or to take the Taiping Telpher?

How far is the hilke from Taiphing telpher to Beihai Hotel - distance and time?

I will be going to Huangshan from Hangzhou. If I want to take the Taiping Telpher to ascend the mountain, which bus to take from Hangzhou and to which city - Tangkou or Tunxi? How much by bus or and how much by taxi?

Thank you very much in advance.

Re: Huangshan - Taiping Telpher

by SandiM

I've only done the Yungu & Yuping CAblecars, apparently you have to go around the back of the mountain to use the Taiping cable car, but there will be other VT'ers who have done it and will likely respond to you. I hear that now there are direct buses from Hangzhou to the base of the mountain (sorry, don't know the price but it'll probably be dirt cheap. Someone will have that info for you I'm sure). Tunxi is actually about 45mins away from the mountain, and Tangkou is at the base but you still need to get from the base to the Yungu cable car (there are special taxis that can take you there, it's dirt cheap). Beihai hotel is approx 1 km away from the Taiping cablecar, give or take, and the walk is about 1 hr (with stopping for photos). About the same for the top of the Yungu station to the Beihai. At least, that's how long it took me and I stopped for photos and to let my mom have a break from climbing (it wasn't that bad, she is just older and not as nimble as me so had to rest a lot). These are rough estimates from my trip in September 2009, if my memory recalls correctly.

Re: Huangshan - Taiping Telpher

by cafank

You will be better to take the Yungu cablecar to get to the Beihai - it will be about the first hotel you will come to after climbing from the cablecar station.

I got lost (lost my map) when I was leaving Huangshan this year and ended up at the Taiping Telpher station. When I got to the base it was to find a road had collapsed so a long walk down from the cablecar and then to find that there was really nothing at the bus terminal there - it may well be up and running by now though. I eventually found a taxi which took me to a local bus stop and I had a wonderful ride back to Tunxi - the scenery was even more breathtakeing than some from the mountain.

You will catch a bus from Hangzhou to the Tunxi terminal. There is an excellent help desk at Tunxi terminal, I think it was the no.5 bus I took to the cablecar station. Taxi wasn't too expensive but I can't remember the cost I was quoted from the Taiphing cablecar - I just decided to take the local bus as it looked more interesting and it was a fantastic trip.

Travel Tips for Huangshan

Locks

by Sharrie

Lovers are said to purchase locks & have them hanged on the railings to signify their "undying" love.

Well, I was also told that's a very dangerous things to do as these locks do go rusty after sometime which hamper or rather endanger future climbers.

There are also talks that those who sold the locks actually had them reopened & resell them over & over again. Whatever the belief, does anyone truely think a simple lock like this can guarantee the unending, unchanging or undying love or loves of their lives?
In any case, things that don't change or grow are the most boring things in the world!
Why would anyone want such stuff?

The last difficult part to get...

by FreeCloud

The last difficult part to get to the Celestial Capital Peak: the Carp Back Rock. It is a very narrow 1-2 feet wide piece of rock, standing high above, with 1,800m valley on either side. Everyone warned you how scary it was, so you all psyched up for a scary thing. Your legs turn jello, your heart beaps, you are almost fainted when your hands reach the nylon cables. You wish you could just close your eyes and walk very carefully on top of it. But then you want to see how scary it is anyway, you look, not that bad, if there is none else pushing you. Sure after you even walked back onto it to have your 'heroic' photo taken, you are not afraid of it at all any more! Some people even stand on its railing poles making all kinds of 'cool' postures!

Mountain Mist

by Huoche

Huangshan is a wonderful place to visit. For the westerner, every aspect of the trip can be an adventure. You will marvel at the ancient and wondrous beauty of the mountain alongside chinese businessmen talking on their cell phones. On balance, this mountain should not be missed.

Comments