Xihai Hotel Huangshan

Xihai Hotel
Agoda.com Booking.com Ctrip.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Xihai Hotel Huangshan

sunrise at front mountainsunrise at front mountain

Farewell pine tree in rainingFarewell pine tree in raining

By Chitan HungBy Chitan Hung

Yungu cableway ticketYungu cableway ticket

Xihai hotel North wing?

by happyshirt

Anyone has an information on what Xihai hotel north wing is? i've tried to do a search but only see South wing. The travel agent has booked me into the north wing so i'm wondering what to expect. So far reviews for Xihai have not been encouraging :(

thanks

by SandiM

There's not much choice up there, as I've found. I've booked the Beihai hotel in September and not expecting too much. Xihai was rated as being 'slightly' better than Beihai, so you shouldn't be too badly off. Try Tripadvisor.com and look for xihai hotel there, as some people contribute actual photos of the rooms and amenities, etc. could be some info on the north and south wings?

by happyshirt

Hi Sandi,
Thanks for the infor. i did try tripadvisor before posting and gosh the reviews were daunting. i don't hv high expectations after reading them but they didn't say anything bout north or south wing either. and i saw only 1 mention ofnorthwith at another hotel pg and it was the cheaper option so.... i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'll be at huangshan 1st wk of sept so i'll look out for u. seen many of your posts while doing research for my trip also.

cheers. :)

by SandiM

Yes, I use this forum voraciously. Biggest trip I've had to plan so far, but only because I'm planning for 2, not just myself. Wow will I even remember I was there??? The stress has zonked my brain cells...

independant traveler

by yellowrebel

Getting to Mt Huangshan is no drama, bus from Hangzhou then bus/cab to Tangkou hotel; next day to Xihai Hotel for over night on mountain. BUT can I get down and on to Suzhou in one day?

Re: independant traveler

Huangshan, not Huashan.
Are you taking bus from Hangzhou to Tunxi (Huangshan city) or Tangkou? I would prefer to take to the former then another bus to Tangkou. No real need to stay overnight in Tangkou, I prefer to stay in Tunxi personally.
Yes, you could get down and on to Suzhou by overnight train in a day. How you actually do it would depend on your choice of route, physical abilities and how early you start.

need advice re: hotels and trasport to huangshan

by georgehu76

Hi, I'm traveling to huangshan the beginning of June with my family--it's a special family trip for us. We will be flying into Shanghai, and then hopefully flying into huangshan and climbing the mountain. I have a few questions to make this trip the best it can be for our family.

1. What airport would we fly into from Shanghai? (We would prefer to fly as opposed to taking a train)
2. Can we climb up mt. huangshan in one day?
3. Where would we stay on the top of the mountain? Price is not an consideration--we just want the best place...
4. Do we need to stay at the base of the mountain? What city would we stay in? What hotels are nice there?

THANK YOU for any help you can provide!!!

george

by MikeySoft

We just spent 2 days at Huang shan but only one day (day trip) on the mountain. I think 2 days with overnight at the mountain would be better. But I do not speak chinese so I don't know how to make resevations. I saw several hotels on the mountain.

by Confucius

1. There are flights from both Hongqiao and Pudong to Huangshan's airport.
2. Yes, and there's even a cable car to make it more feasible for your family.
3. "Beihai Binguan" is the name of one of the best hotels on the summit.
4. The city at the base of the mountain is Tunxi. Huangshan International Hotel is located there as well as "Huaxi Fandian"

by ellyse

1) The nearest airport is called Huangshan. Why fly? You could either go on the overnight train, or take a shortish bus ride from Hangzhou.
2) Possible, but very tiring.
3) Try Xihai Hotel.
4) That's dependent on what your own schedule is like, isn't it? City would be Tunxi aka Huangshan city, still 1.5 hours from Huangshan mountain itself. Town would be Tangkou, at the foot of the mountain. So which one are you looking for?

by georgehu76

thanks ellyse! I think that we will probably need to stay in the town, tangkou. What hotels would you recommend there? Are there any nice ones?

by georgehu76

Thanks confucious! I have also heard of xihai hotel at the summit. Which one do you think is better?

by ellyse

At Tangkou, we stayed at this place (http://www.hsqnls.com) which was pretty good (and cheap), but you'll probably have trouble finding it unless they fetch you. I'm sure there're better places if you pay more money.
I've not stayed at Beihai but Xihai Hotel was quite good.

Travel Tips for Huangshan

Very needy on Mount Huangshan

by chaYangshu

Carry only a small Backpack or Daypack - and leave your furniture home! Wear good firm walking shoes, the ones you have tested already somewhere else! No high heel shoes!! Actually I saw a chinese lady walking on high heels! She must have had her feet aching afterwards! Bring the essential but leave the unnessary behind! Remember you are climbing steps up & down! Digital camera is very handy and plenty of memory cards - you WILL TAKE PICTURES!! The Walking Stick & something to cover from the rain! You'll find good maps from Tunxi & Tankou. Bring some water bottles & some snacks 'cos the prices get higher as you climb!

Nanping, Xidi, and Hongcun Villages

by brockton

These three villages are located near Yixian (35 km west of Huangshan City). Xidi is a bit of a tourist trap but Nanping and Hongcun are beautiful. Both have a Y30 admission and require a Y50 alien travel permit from any PSB. The maze-like alleyways can take hours to explore, and you will recognize several of the locations from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Public transportation to these outlying villages is extremely limited so it is necessary to hire a taxi or minibus, and bring a map because some of the taxi drivers don't know the route and will take you to Xidi instead.

Yellow Mountain - the Most Famous Mountain Retreat

by gordonye

Huangshan, or Yellow Mountain, is the quintessential Chinese mountain retreat, complete with sheer granite cliffs, wild canyons, mysterious clouds, gnarled pines, and a great legend that Huang Ti (the Yellow Emperor, legendary leader of Chinese tribes) had meditated here. Although now over-cowded and over-developed, it's still summarized by this quote from the famous 15th century traveler Xu Xiake: "Come back from the five holy mountains one doesn't need to see more mountains; come back from Huangshan one doesn't need to see the five holy mountains."

Comments