Andingmen Hotel (Star of Yunlong)

No.47 Andingmennei Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing, Beijing Region, 100009, China
HostelBookers.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Beijing

Deserted souvenir stallsDeserted souvenir stalls

Zijin ChengZijin Cheng

posepose

the earthern tea set!the earthern tea set!

Beijing to Taiyuan by bus

by Maggah

Could someone please tell me from which long-distance bus station in Beijing buses to Taiyuan (I'm going to Pingyao after) leave? Thanks

by Maggah

Actually, what I'd like to do is Beijing-Pingyao-Datong-Beijing. There seems to be a VERY slow train direct to Pingyao, but if it's 5 or 6 hours by bus that's perhaps better. Hence my question. Any other tips appreciated!!

by seeto88

Lizeqiao long-distance bus station have shuttles between Beijing and Taiyuan.Every 15 minutes starts one.It will take you 6hours to Taiyuan.
Buses:395,458,604,T2,927,944,958,988,72 to Lizeqiaodong(East of Lizeqiao)Stop will take you to this long-distance bus station .
Station Tel:(010)63403408
Good luck!

by albaaust

Why not consider a similar way to us catch an overnight train Beijing to Taiyuan and then taxi to Pingyao? We did it the other way round..Taxi from Pingyao and then overnight train to Beijing. We organised the taxi from our hotel. Check my pages.

by Maggah

albaaust - it's because the bus is quicker than the train that I'm looking into buses. Otherwise, yeah, I might end up taking an overnight train.
seeto88 - I can't find LiZeQiao bus station on any of my maps. Logically it'd be in the south west of the city - how far is it by taxi from, for example, TianAnMen or Wangfujing?

by ellyse

AFAIK, Lizeqiao long-distance bus station, and the journey time is 6 hours.
I'd rather take the overnight train and save on travel time and accommodation cost.

Travel Tips for Beijing

Most Helpful Website

by geekgrrl

I did a considerable amount of research before we left for China since I knew it would be a whirlwind trip. One of the most useful sites I found was
http:\www.travelchinaguide.com It was useful for everywhere we went in China.

Bicycles and the streets

by kdoc13

What a strange, mysterious and beautiful place Beijing can be. It is a huge city full of modern skyscrapers and technology. But how strange is it to see in the heart of the downtown area people riding their bicycles in the streets. It could be that I am just an American who is not used to it....yeah that is probably it. But still, I can't imagine anyone in New York City, or London, or heck even Tokyo riding a bicycle in the middle of the busiest road, pulling a huge cart behind it, and no one complaining. Here it is just a natural part of life, and one I thought was great.

It is very Chinese to see that. I was on the second ring road and even saw a guy pulling a cart behind some sort of mule (Will add that picture elsewhere). I love the idea of a taxi having to lag behind a guy pulling his cart on a bicycle and no one in the taxi being upset with the delay. It is just daily life, two people going about life in the way they do. It may be slow, but it works. And that is great, so much better than the rush of life in america.

But, bikes are everywhere and can even be rented through some hotels. If you are driving, they seem to have a sort of privilege on the roads, and get a lot of leeway from the drivers.

Different sections of the Great Wall

by cdrum

You should really try to make it to other parts of the Great Wall -no offense to the "tourist sections" of the wall, but I find them too crowded, and kind of fake. The picture for this tip is of a section of the wall (there is no name of it, as far as I know). It is close to the BaDaLing section. Have a look at the quality of the wall. It looks like the original (i.e. not restored), so I feel you get more history out of it - for lack of a better word.

Jade Factory

by easterntrekker about Beijing Banner Jadeware City

There's an interesting demonstration of the craftsmen cutting jade sculptures . I was surprised to learn that only men can carve the jade. Women can polish only. Hummmm
Prices here are set in stone!!! We tried but no bargaining. This is of course a tourist trap but the pieces were lovely and I did buy a nice necklace for $55.00 . It is multi colored jade and even though its not the best deal in China, now that I'm home I'm really happy I did buy it!

rent a car in Beijing

by robertbeijing

When you rent a car from www.carrentalsbeijing.com, you get more than a car.
You get a cell phone which enable you to call home at unbeatable rate and receive translation service through the phone. Many usful phone numbers have been save in the cell phone.

You can also buy IP calling card from www.carrentalsbeijing.com
IP stands for internet phone.

If you need internet access, www.carrentalsbeijing.com provide wireless internet access through laptop. You do not need to pay the 20 yuan wireless internet access in your hotel, though you have your own laptop.

Comments