1 Zhong Guancun Nandajie, Hai Dian District, Beijing, Beijing, 100873, China

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 55% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• gloudiesaurus's Profile Photo

Beijing Friendshop Hotel

I stayed in the Beijing Friendship hotel from may untill august 2006. They renewed the hotel for the Olympic Games in Beijing and even build a new hotel building. This new building is building 8 where I stayed.

Beijing Friendship Hotel is a four star hotel but building 8 could simpely get 5 stars. The rooms are really good and the service also. Everytime when their was a problem or something their was somebody from the hotel to fix within a few seconds.

I can recommed the hotel to everybody!

Unique Quality: Shops prices in the hotel for food and gifts are higher then in the rest of the Beijing. The hotel is located in a nice park but within 5 minuts walking their are several big shops and even a supermarket. Beijing is noise but Beijing Friendship Hotel is one of the few places where it is good to stay.

Beijing Friendship Hotel has a nice park with some water places where its possible to take a small rest.

Directions: In a park near a shopping district

• The Worst Possible Hotel

The Beijing Friendship Hotel has to be one of the worst hotels I’ve ever stayed in. The staff is rude, the place is dirty, and for the price, you’d be better staying off in one of the Western-style hotels or one of the small business hotels in the area.

I really can’t believe how incredibly rude the staff was. When you move in, the refrigerator is unplugged, presumably to save on electricity. That’s fine. But when I asked to turn it on, they gave me the third degree about it and I had to wait forever for them to arrive. Also, the staff at the front desk was incredibly unhelpful when I asked them to book me a taxi. They just to me to go outside and get one. When I pointed out that it was cold, they just didn’t answer me. It gets even worse when you try to eat at one of their restaurants. Also, the breakfast buffet is a complete rip-off. For 58 rmb, you can eat like a king anywhere in Beijing, except this hotel, where they make a pile of Kraft cheese slices in place of any real cheese. They’re so cheap that they cut the slices in half, and they’re so lazy that they don’t take the plastic wrapping off the slices. (That’s how I know they’re Kraft slices.)

Then, when I moved into my room, I noticed hairs on the floor of the bathroom from the previous tenant. I asked them to clean it, but I was told all their staff was busy, and all the rooms are filled so I couldn’t change rooms.

God. I hate this place.

Sorry if you see this posting a lot, it’s just the worst place I can imagine staying and I’d like to warn other people about it.

• BangkokDave's Profile Photo

Nice Hotel in Beijing

The Friendship hotel was a very nice 3 star hotel. The price was right and the rooms were clean. The reception area turned into a 'circle of friends' every night. We took over that area and made it our meeting and drinking center. The Irish and Americans took the hotel to another level. The hotel is a little out of the way, but the Taxi's are cheap and it was not a problem. I would recommend this hotel.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Good stay for soviet people

In 1988 this hotel seemed to me good enough in comparison with the Soviet hotels, which we used at this time in the USSR. We liked unusual Chinese meal. Saying the truth in a week we were sicked of it...

• pmarshuk's Profile Photo

Built for Russians

We stayed at the Friendship Hotel - a huge complex (!!) (a few miles out of town towards the Summer Palace). It was actaually not too bad - but it was originally built for Russian technichians etc working in Bejing and so tended towards looking impressive, but a lot is facade. However it's main disadvantage is probably it's distance from the centre of Bejing.

• tierneyli's Profile Photo

I always recommend this hotel...

I always recommend this hotel to foreign friends when they travel to Beijing--- The Friendship Hotel.
    around 450 yuan booked from Internet

Unique Quality: It is a four-star hotel with very elegant facilities you can get from every good hotel. The whole hotel is buildup by many traditional Chinese buildings and a very large garden, although the it is very close to downtown and the transportation is very convenient. You can never find such a big garden in any grand hotel in the center of city.

Directions: It locates on the south end of Chinese Silicon Valley, Haidian District.

More about Beijing Friendship Hotel

by bkathryn about Beijing Friendship Hotel

In Beijing, we stayed at the Beijing Friendship Hotel. No idea how close it is to 'things', not having been in Beijing before. Hotel had convenient dining facilities, and good breakfast buffet.

Accomodation in the main...

by Beefy_SAFC

Accomodation in the main cities is good to excellent - even three star is recommendable. The main sink hotel in Beijing is the Friendship Hotel, all three star, with the exception of the main building, which is of a higher grading. Hotels in Xi'an were also more than satisfactory. If you go off the beaten track, hotels can vary from good to appauling - for accomodation in remote areas, people with offbeat sense of humour only need apply. The creepy crawlies you'll be with don't mind - they enjoy damp and dirt.

* Picture (taken from one of my on disk encyclopaedias - my photo didn't come out - then again I wasn't supposed to take a photo) - Terracotta Warriors, Xi'an.

Beefy at http://www.geocities.com/beefnetuk

by henry14

Hello,

Has anyone had personal experience of staying at the Beijing Friendship Hotel? Is it's location convenient for the main tourist sites and shopping/eating areas? or at least near to a subway connection?

Thanks.

by wwliu

It's 5 stars hotel that locat at Zhongguancun street. It's convenient to go to Summer palace and Yuanming Yuan and also convenient to go to the center of city. However, it's not vert near to any spot. the subway haven't work at presant.......you just can take bus or texi.

by henry14

Thankyou wwliu,

As this is our first ever visit to China I think we will now book a more centrally located hotel.

best wishes,

Beverley.

by chinese_lh

Beijing Friendship Hotel is located in the west of Beijing. It's not at location convenient for the main tourist sites and shopping/eating areas.
I think JianGuo Hotel is better for your staying in Beijing.

Comments