Beijing Goldsun Hotel

Phoenix Grand Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

More about Beijing

NOT SURE WHAT THESE ARENOT SURE WHAT THESE ARE

look from city moatlook from city moat

Precision workPrecision work

my friendmy friend

Night life in Beijing!

by edmeister

Hi Everybody,

I'm going to be in Beijing from June 28th till July 12th. My girlfriend is there already on a Study abroad program. She has classes during the day so we'll be spending most nights together. Can anybody suggest good restaurants and bars/ dancing clubs near PKU?

She also has some days off, and what are some must sees in Beijing when we have a whole day?

Lastly, she has July 8-11 off so we're going to go to Shanghai. This was kind of a last minute decision, what is the best resource to get cheap air tickets from Beijing to Shanghai?

Thanks!

by bobochina

Hi,I am chinese.so many clubs in houhai district.so do not worry about your night life.The plane tiket maybe not as cheap as before shanghai expo open.(maybe 800RMB)

by Roy_Yang

Hey man my suggestions, the best restaurants(also the best bar) for foreigners are almost in Sanlitun, you can try the Element Fresh(It's a American style restaurant, I worked there before, the services and the food is perfect)in the Village S8 bulding 3Floor in Sanlitun. And the Suxiwong Club(it is near the Solana, Solana is a place like Sanlitun, there are a great of best clubs and restaurants) you should go, there are lots of hot girls and foreigners, it is a crazy club, i like there. and I know a great deal of best club and restaurant...

Great Wall and The Forbidden City you should have a look.

I never take air, so i have no idea about the air tickets, I went to shanghai and came back always by train. and Shanghai is a more international City than beijing, there's more bars and clubs, the night life is more crazy..

OK, I am a chinese and I like the night life in beijing. I worked as a waiter in western bar restaurant, so I know the beijing night life very well, haha.
I am the right person you are looking for. I quitted my job before the World Cup begin, so I have a lots of time, I can give you some help if you pay some money. Contact me if u need, yang286@gmail.com.

Gud luck man

by edmeister

thanks for all the help. I am fluent in mandarin but cannot read or write so hopefully I can get around alright. I'll definitely contact you if I need assistance. Do you know much about the Shanghai night life, is there a main downtown or strip to check out?

by Roy_Yang

Hey man, i dont know what mean about Check out here, do you mean an inexpensive hotel or inn? Some inn that like Jingjiang inn or holidays inn that are 3 or 4 start standerd is only around 300yuan per day.

I first came to shanghai when i finished my study, I had stayed in shanghai longer than in beijing. There are a lot of main downtown in shanghai, not like beijing only few main downtown, thats why i said shanghai is more international more interesting and more crazy.

your chinese is fluent, thats good. have u ever been to china before?

by Badger1492

Check out this place: http://www.maolive.com/ I recommend it.

Travel Tips for Beijing

Language barrier

by ahorny

The food is great, however, the language barrier is really present. Don't expect people to have the facility of the english language. Your tour guide/interpreter is the most important person on the trip

The Great Wall at Badaling

by sunnywong

The Great Wall, symbolizing China's ancient civilization, It is a magnificent piece of man-made architecture on earth visible from the moon.

From the east to the west, the wall stretches for over 6,000 kilometres. It is often said, that he who fails to reach the Great Wall, is not a man, a true man must go to the Great Wall.

Don't forget warm clothes

by Gard

I guess it depends on what you go but don't forget to bring warm clothes. Most people here in Norway have an impression that China is always warm. But in March is can be quite cold and we saw temperatures down to 0 degrees Celsius at night and 10-15 during the day. Toilet paper is also an item that is not always available when you go into public toilets. The best thing is to buy some and bring it along when you walk around.

The Stele Pavilion

by keeweechic

The Stele Pavilion is at the Ming Tombs and sits not too far from the Great Palace Gate. The structure has a double-eaved roof and on the back of the stele there is carved poetry which was written by Emperor Qianlong of the Qing Dynasty. He wrote this when he visited the Ming Tombs.

Night light enjoy

by wwliu about Turret

Turret is a part of the fobbiden city. However, it seems much different from day time at night. With round moat, emperor never know how beautiful his Turret under light can be.

What a pity, the picture I took without round moon. If when circle moon raise in sky, the Turret would come to the ninth spot of Yanjing.

Comments