Beijing Ningxia Hotel

Agoda.com Ctrip.com Hotelsclick.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 27% less and rated 10% higher than other 4 star hotels

More about Beijing

The open doorway was our roomThe open doorway was our room

Inside Temple of HeavenInside Temple of Heaven

Fugang Noodles SignFugang Noodles Sign

Tiananmen Square in BeijingTiananmen Square in Beijing

Help with Capital Hotel, Holiday Inn Temple of Heaven, Days Inn Forbid-real web addressand phone:)

by sparkygirl

Please help me to find the real address and phone number of the above hotels. Hard to tell which are fake and real.
thanks

Address: No.99, Nanheyan street,Dongcheng District
Tel: 86-10-65127788

URLs

by ellyse

Web address ie URL, not physical address.

Capital Hotel: http://www.capitalhotel.com.cn
Holiday Inn Temple of Heaven: http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/pegth/hoteldetail
Days Inn Forbidden City: http://www.daysinn.cn/english/hotel/forbidden_a.htm

by muratkorman

I stayed in Days Inn Forbidden City and was very satisfied. Check my Beijing page for details and reviews.

Travel Tips for Beijing

Dress up as an Emporer

by Blatherwick

Ok, I like dressing up like an Emporer and having my picture taken. So sue me. You have to admit that this girl was pretty cute though. This was taken just outside of the Forbidden City. I must have had at least 10 pictures of me taken by with Chinese people. Let's face it. Some people in China don't get to see many white people.

Wall Street English

by SLLiew

During the Olympic Games, there were many volunteer information booths all over Beijing.

Although I am fluent in Mandarin, I would usually ask my questions in English in order to give the volunteers a chance to practise listening and answering in English.

The best way to learn a language is to use it. And in Beijing, there has been a trend of learning the language. However only when Beijingers start working in an environment like airport airline counters or international companies where English is used daily, it is only a kick start in the right direction.

Packing List

by iretyc

Thin ones in summer, light colour is better. For winter, grab a coat of length down to your knee. Air-conditioned for most places in winter, thus, do not wear body fit underwear of wool quality by that time. Get enough lotion because sandy storm takes place in April or May that makes weather so dry and makes your skin too itchy to stand. Also, be careful of your adaptability to the greasy dishes mostly found in Beijing or other northern provinces within China. Disposable camera is available in booths around the street

have to know the price before bargain

by bebejepang about Silk Market

before going to bargain, it is better if you can guess the price.
sometimes we afraid to bargain, because we didn't know the real price. but we can guess it from the usual price in our country and make it half for bargain. If the shop girl say goodby, means you cannot get it because it is too low...
lucky that I have my chinese friends with me ^-^.

I buy small plate in europe for 5 euro (about 45 yuan), so I bargain for 75 yuan for 3 plates. she didn't agree, so I left. but after see another place, finally I back to the shop and ask 100 yuan for 4 plates, and I got it.

I read from VT that silk scarf should be 20-30 yuan. First price is 80 yuan for 1 pieces (100% silk), so I ask 60 yuan for 3 pieces, but the shop girl say good by to me. I back for 75 yuan, also cannot. finally I got 80 yuan for 3 pieces (3 times go back to the same shop).

An english pint

by Yso about John Bull pub

If you fancy a pint in a convivial english speaking bar, head for the John Bull. A lot of teh brit expat community goes here as well as english speaking chinese.

There's a 2 for 1 happy hour every day, they also have quiz nights and other stuff.

Comments