Beijing Plaza Hotel

No 100 Sanhuan Road, Beijing, Donggang, Liaoning,

More about Beijing Plaza Hotel

MY dIM sUM....AFTERNOON HIGH TEA  CHINESE STYLEMY dIM sUM....AFTERNOON HIGH TEA CHINESE STYLE

EntranceEntrance

SUCCESS at Days Inn Hotel (happy hour!)SUCCESS at Days Inn Hotel (happy hour!)

the ming emperor crownthe ming emperor crown

Beijing 24-30 July 2008

by MAKAZI

Hi,

I am going to Beijing with my spouse just before the olympic but will leave before the olympics. I been there alone last year but it was in October and It was not as busy as it should be in july due to olympics. I have following questions.

1. Hows the weather will be? Will it be very hot and humid to do excursions like Great wall and the forbidden city?.

2. I will be staying in crowne plaza wanfujing street. Do anyone stayed there before?

3. Any other advice for the particular dates will be highly appriciated.

thanks a lot

Re: Beijing 24-30 July 2008

by ellyse

The Olympics do not have any effect on July's weather.
1) Look on http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/54511.html and http://weather.msn.com/local.aspx?wealocations=wc:CHXX0008 for historical weather data. Yes, generally hot but perhaps less humid than you think.
2) 100 user reviews on TripAdvisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294212-d302934-Reviews-or10-Crowne_Plaza_Hotel_Beijing-Beijing.html

Re: Beijing 24-30 July 2008

by Oliya11

July is hot, and Beijing is not humid for the whole year. However, it will be ok for visiting the forbidden city, but since you will be there, you should go to the Great Wall. Choose a day with less sunshine will be nice.

Travel Tips for Beijing

Yuan-Ming-Yuan (Yuanming...

by vigi

Yuan-Ming-Yuan (Yuanming Garden). After walking through the Western Palace, we decided to follow the map (showned in the museum) to look for the Chinese style wooden build palace. We climb over the forbidden signboard, walked up a hill, and here is what we found.... a dead forest without tourist... OH! We lost our way back! Our shoes were full of mud, pants sticked with dried grass and sticks, damn tired!!! Finally, we found our way back to the Western Palace. Perhaps nobody will ever think that 3 stupid girls will try to search for the wooden palace, it was blocked from tourist area! Well... the feeling of being 'adventurist' was funny!

With your persistence, things may change.....

by Sally_chen

This has happened to me many times ,mostly in restaurant or hotel ...when I require a favour which I consider is logical and human , the staff can easily reply me with " not possible madam" .

Most of the times I had to call their supervisor or manager and talk with them directly , they are more flexiable and care more about customer satisfaction! Things may changed in the positive way !

We should remeber the slogon in Chinese " Customer is god" ....

Be patient !

If you want to buy some...

by Sakura_Kobe

If you want to buy some Chinese tea, please go to Zhangyiyuan Chazhuang at Dazhalan street in Qianmen, which is one of the oldest tea stores in Beijing. Jasmine tea seemed very popular among local people.

Mini Oriental Plaza with less the crowd

by Nprawira about Full Link Plaza

The Full Link Plaza at Chaoyangmen Dajie is a smaller version of the middle-to-up market segment Oriental Plaza in Wangfujing. Although it hasn't got the bustling food-street presence of the latter, it makes it up with space, ample of it. You won't find yourself overwhelmed by the crowd, which allows you to stroll at your desired pace. But the key attraction here is the outlet on B/2, where last season's goods including Nike, Adidas, Camel, Benetton, etc are sold at bargain prices. This mall is heavily oriented towards women especially with high-end apparel, shoes, and bags. Anchor tenants include Nautica, Watson's and Esprit. But again the best deals can be found in the basement where a pair of authentic Nike shoes can be fetched for as low as Y160.

Train to Beijing

by herzog63

I'm not sure if there is still a 2 tier payment system for the trains in China but in 1987 there was 2 prices on the trains. "Local" price and foreigner price. The foreigner price was about 75% higher. There were also 4 classes of riding the train. Hard-Seat, Hard Sleeper, Soft Seat and Soft Sleeper. I would always ride Hard Seat which wasn't bad at all and for the longer (overnight trains) I would get the hard sleeper and I would try for the top bunk.
I would try to get someone to buy the ticket for me (local Price) and I even managed to buy a couple of Local priced tickets myself by practicing the phrase of asking for the train that I wanted! I would also get someone to write down my destination in Chinese. I would be so happy when I would be able to do it myself! I have no idea how to say those phrases any more!! Even though I don't look like a traditional Chinese person I do look a bit like the people of the Northwest China. As I had some of them approach me and speak to me in their dialect.
My 1100 KM train ticket with a hard sleeper (Top Bunk) cost me US$6.29 (33.10 RMB) at the time. It was a great ride even though I was quite sick. I had some very nice people in area of my seat that I shared food with. Not much conversation though!! ahaha
Having a local priced ticket doesn't mean that you have gotten away with anything either. You can still be charged full fare by the conductor on the train or even at the gate upon leaving the train station. All tickets are checked before exciting the train station. So I would be nervous sometimes until I passed out of the station!! hhaha

Comments