Beijing Sichuan Wuliangye Longzhaoshu Hotel

No.312 Xiaohongmen Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, Beijing Region, 100020, China
Beijing Sichuan Wuliangye Longzhaoshu Hotel
Agoda.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Beijing

This remains!This remains!

Wangfujing Walking MallWangfujing Walking Mall

posepose

Ceramics works on displayCeramics works on display

Beijing Hotels.

by mactrucster

Hi everybody. I will be going to Beijing with my sister in several days. I am constantly looking for lodging for the 5 days that we will be there. Hotel prices are outrageously expensive. Does anyone have and advice? Does anyone know of any locals or friends who are willing to rent out their futon to us for a reasonable sum. Please let me know. Thank you much. Cheers.

by Maximilian21

I can maybe accomodate you, i wont be around to much during the next weeks and i live in a decend pad. Send me an email with youtr requirements.

Max

by mactrucster

Hey Max(Shaun),

Thanks for the reply. It would be awesome if you could accomodate my sister and I. We really don't need much in terms of accomodation. If there is a bed or futon that would be great, but we would nonetheless be happy with floor space. I just don't want to spend the entirety of my budget staying at hotels, considering how expensive they are, in Beijing. I would love to return the favor if you ever come to Las Vegas. Anyways, please let me know. I will be arriving at 1am on the 9th of August. Cheers and happy travels. Truc.

by ellyse

Very difficult, considering this is Olympic season. Have you looked on CouchSurfing (http://www.couchsurfing.com) yet?

by urungrat

I booked the room at Changong via hostel.com and still available there but a bit expensive than usual. Maybe u can try other place in the website.

by Osakagaijin

You are lucky to able to get a visa into China without having a hotel reservation.

Travel Tips for Beijing

Visit the Temple of Heaven,...

by wongjiahui

Visit the Temple of Heaven, even if you've seen more temples than you ever believed you would.

It's worth it for the local people you see there. While at the Temple of Heaven, we saw all the usual Chinese architecture in the icon that people usually associate with the city of Bei Jing. The building turns out to be the Temple of Good Harvest. An impressive structure built without nails, it is a sight to see.

However what really stands out in my mind is the local people there. As we walked down the Long Corridor to the East Gate of the temple, we encountered an elderly couple learning how to waltz, old men with brushes and water practising their calligraphy on the ground forming ice characters. There were people singing and playing Chinese chess and flying silk kites, the corridor was so full of the local culture that we actually spent more time watching them than looking at the 500 year old trees in the court yards.

The Y files. Flavors of China: Peking duck

by marielexoteria

The Y files, where Y stands for "yummy!".

Peking duck is, according to some, the dish that represents the city the most. I'm not really a fan of duck (or fowl) but I went to China with as much of an open mind as I could when it comes to food (due to food allergies) and I wanted to give the duck a try.

Now, from what I read in a guidebook (whose name I can't remember right now), the duck is slaughtered after about 60 days then seasoned with a layer of syrup before it's hung and roasted in an oven. By pumping air thru the duck, the skin is separated from the fat. This way of preparing the duck gives it its lean, crispy flavor.

When ordering duck, you'll most likely get some steamed pancakes, scallions, carrots and cucumber (in our case) and a sweet bean sauce. The way to eat the duck, as I saw other patrons, is to wrap a piece of duck (dipped in the sauce if you prefer it) and vegetables in the pancake and eat it as if it was, well, a wrap.

I liked the texture and the flavor of the duck with the sauce and other ingredients, as we had it on a restaurant on Xinjiekou Beidajie (but I can't remember the name, which is why I wrote this tip here instead) and I would order the dish again.

Join the queue to see Mao's...

by zubric

Join the queue to see Mao's Mausoleum. You shuffle through and pay homage to the wax-like body of Mao Tse Tung in respose. This great man of the people, stalwart of the communist ideal would be mortified if he knew that the first thing you see as you exit his tomb is the grinning face of Col. Sanders adorned above the world's biggest KFC store opposite Tianemen Square.

T-Square Hawkers

by kimberbakos about There isn't a shop

In Tianeneman Square there are lots of people hawking postcards and books. THey are very pushy and don't take no for an answer. But on the upside, if you don't mind the risk, the postcards are very pretty, a great price, and I never found sets like this anywhere else. POSTCARDS!!! two packets of 10 for $1(US)

Beijing Taxis

by Beijing_bear

Beijing taxis are both plentiful and cheap but they are small. Be aware that most taxi dirvers speak little or no English if you can - please show them in Chinese where you are going. if you find a place you like then take a business card - that way it is easy to return. First thing to do when you check into your hotel is take some hotel business cards - that way your taxi driver can take you home. Also try to pick up a map of Beijing - available in the many Beijing magazines with place names in English and Chinese - handy for showing your taxi driver where you want to go.

Comments