Beijing Tiangui Hotel

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Beijing

Me at the Monument to the People's HeroesMe at the Monument to the People's Heroes

Wuyut'ai tea shopWuyut'ai tea shop

lighterlighter

sizzling spicy beef stewsizzling spicy beef stew

Border-crossings for Multiple entry visa

by charlieFreak

I just applied for a visa and perhaps wrongly, went for a 12 month multiple-entry visa. The problem is that there is a 30 day limit on each stay, so I guess I am going to have to keep going out and back in again. Can anyone sugest the easiest border crossing to do this at from Beijing? Also, is there any way I can stay longer than 30 days on this visa?

I really want to stay in Beijing for several months - what would have been a better visa option?

Thanks!

by ellyse

Do you need a visa for Mongolia? If not, that might be your easiest option by train.
Otherwise, consider if you can take a ferry from Tianjin (closest port to Beijing) to Incheon in South Korea.
Other options involve flying... certainly faster but more expensive!
Better visa option? Study or work visa -- the former is easiest to get if you have the money to shell out for a course. What are you doing in Beijing for so long?

Hi Ellyse,

Thanks for the info - sounds as tricky as I suspected. I will be staying with my girlfriend. I will probably study Chinese, but haven't arranged anything yet. A guy offered to get me a 6 month continuous stay F visa for RMB1600 - does that sound OK?

Chris

by ellyse

Don't look at it that way... it could be a good chance to get a "breather" outside China after each month or so. :) My exchange students here are moaning and groaning because they only have a single-entry F visa for their entire semester so they can't travel to neighbouring countries!
Sorry, I don't know who your guy is, and no idea if it's going to be trustworthy.

by charlieFreak

Yes - I thought about that, Ellyse. I guess I could fly to japan or South Korea. Just wish there was a handy Hong Kong near Beijing! I hadn't realised that the 6 month F visa doesn't allow you to go out - every option seems to have problmes!

I wonder how much they will fine me if I overstay in any one month, by the way?

Thanks again,

Chris

by ellyse

I think I've heard it's 5000 RMB per day?! But I could be wrong. Don't overstay, it could be tricky if you do... who knows if you'll get a grumpy PSB officer handling your case who decides to put it on your record and you might not be able to get back in again. o_0

Travel Tips for Beijing

You won't starve

by calcaf38

You can easily eat nine meals a day while discovering Beijing. Yet what is served will be quite unlike the Cashew Chicken, MooShoo or other General Tsos from home. Very little rice, actually. Lots of noodly soups. And lots of atmosphere, no matter what. Also, it often feels like there are four servers per customer, and if you speak a little Putonghua, they'll just buzz around you and giggle. Be ready for an odd slip which will be placed over your coat (on the back of your chair) to protect it from spills. Also, if there is a wet label on the side of your bowl, don't be alarmed. It's like the "Inspected by No 12" that we find in our pant pockets.

Birthday - Drinking & Paying

by egosyncratix

When you drink with the Chinese, they would toast their glasses lower than yours to indicate respect. Sometimes, a fight to lower toast glasses would end up equal on the ground! Also, for birthday celebrations, its the host that pays...and oh! There's even seating arrangements too...the host (the one paying) sits facing the door...but i heard it varies from province to province

Beijing at 6am on a beautiful day! 1

by sugarpuff

Due to just having arrived back in Beijing from a 3 week holiday back home in Gibraltar, I was a little jet lagged. I hadn't helped matters either by sleeping during the day instead if keeping awake till night time! So as the sun came up somewhere between 430 and 500am this morning and the day looked like it was going to be beautiful, I decided to go for a bike ride to one of my favourite areas in Beijing, Hou Hai. Camera in hand, I was ready!

So the next few tips are more a travelogue of Beijing from 6am to 8pm on July 21st 2006!

They will be in themes, with this one being the ' hustle and bustle of morning breakfast buying!'

I hope you enjoy reading and seeing the photos as much as I did seeing it first hand and experiencing a beautiful Beijing morning!

BEIJING : PANJIAYUAN MARKET

by swesn

Panjiayuan is the HUMONGOUS market that is a great place to buy your Chinese souvenirs.

There are giant bronze Buddhas, (fake or real) antique vases, Tibetan scriptures, exotic sculptures, furniture, religious and fable characters made from brass, porcelain, wood, embroideries, wooden chests, tea-sets, Chinese paintings, snuff bottles, fake coins with the holes, and lots and lots of kitsch Oriental souvenirs like Mao alarm clocks, .

A delight to visit. You can spend many hours browsing the market. Bargain HARD. Go EARLY on Saturdays and Sundays.

Beijing Hard Rock

by Jim_Eliason about Beijing Hard Rock

Hot night spot in Beijing. In Shanghai they told me Beijing has completely different feel 'very conservative'. So the first night in Beijing I end up dancing to 1 AM with a chinese student. Definitely worth a visit.

Comments