Chao Yang Hotel Beijing

NO.8 WEST JINTAI ROAD, XIAOZHUANG, CHAOYANG DISTRICT, Beijing, Beijing, 100026, China
Ctrip.com

More about Beijing

Hall of Prayer for Good HarvestsHall of Prayer for Good Harvests

thats us..!thats us..!

Our hotel room wallOur hotel room wall

lots of choiceslots of choices

Transit at Beijing Airport

by mispar7

I have to make a connection at PEK airport. I arrive at Terminal 3 and I have an outward ticket for domestic flight from terminal 2. My questions are:
1. How should I proceed in order to get to terminal 2 from terminal 3 in shortest time?
2.I heard there is a shuttle between the terminals. How long can it take to get to the shuttle after arrival at terminal 3?
3.I presume I will have to wait for my baggage after the first flight and only after that go to the shuttle, won't I?
4.Where on the Net can I get detailed plan of the terminals?

by cafank

you can get details at http://en.bcia.com.cn

Last year I was through really quickly - despite chaos. The temps this time appear to be because of H1N1 . Just he thought of it (delays with a temperature) makes me hot but not many peole were getting caught.

Shuttles are every 10 min until late at night and then half hourly I think.

by lindyz

Hi there. Beijing airport is soooooooo big that we actually had to catch a train to get from the terminal we disembarked from (Im not sure what terminal it was) to the baggage collection area!! We could not believe that this place was that big that we had to catch an actual train to pick up our bags - rather amazing!!!

Getting from place to place within the airport was rather quick, no long queues or hold-ups. As for how long it will take, that depends on a lot of factors. I would say it was no more than half an hour from getting off the plane to collecting our bags, and yes we certainly did go through a few temperature scanning things. Just take maximum panadol on the flight if you feel you have a high temperature!

by marielexoteria

I agree, between terminals there's a train and I didn't have to wait more than 3-5 minutes.

This is a map of the terminals: http://en.bcia.com.cn/ecoinclude/images/ectraffic/map02.jpg

If it doesn't work, I went to http://en.bcia.com.cn/ and then clicked on Traffic -> Airport Maps.

Hope it helps.

Travel Tips for Beijing

Speak some Mandarin!

by josieling

Jingshan Hill at the North end of the Forbidden City. You can see the rooftops of the entire city from the top of the hill. Plan well to get a fantabulous panoramic picture, ie check out where the sun rises or sets to make sure your pic is not backlit/dark. My sister's family who lives there. Here she is with her two small kids. What fun taking the public bus.

Beijing Tip

by Krystynn

And here we are - inside the Forbidden City!

Ladies and gentlemen, you are now looking at the Mother of all Palaces currently in existence in the world today.....the Forbidden City of Beijing. It was first built under the decree of the third Emperor of Ming Dynasty and later became the administrative headquarters of the Chinese Empire till 1911.

Would you like to try and guess just how big is the Forbidden City?

O.K., to give you a better idea... here's an interesting food for thought: If a baby were to live in a different room within the walls of the Forbidden City each day since birth, how old will she be by the time she has stayed in all the rooms in the City?

Now... to check the answer... move on to the next pic... :-)))

Play on the Ice

by DSwede

I read somewhere that the Chinse invented ice skating. Whether that is true or not, I'm not positive, but what I do know is that playing on the ice is a cheap, amuzing and quite popular way to spend a nice winter day.

You can simply walk the ice and enjoy the sights from a different angle.
You can strap on a pair of skates and pretend you are in the olympics.
You can saddle up on a bike/skate hybrid and peddle around.
You can even sit in a chair that has rails and pole your way around.

For the really ambitious you can make a train of all of the above...

I even saw people playing pick-up games of hockey on the southwest moat of the Forbidden City. Warm clothes is all you need, you can get all others as needed on the ice.

knock off city

by rosie235 about Silk Market

The Silk market is a knock off shoppers paradise. Big brand fascionistas will just love this place. Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana,Todd's, Diesel, Levi's, Billabong, Chanel.. you name it and they have it. Most items are of fairly good quality.

What I hated about the market is the way you are man handled and grabbed, pushed & shoved by the vendors. It really made the whole experience quite unpleasant and in some stalls, even if I liked something I did not enter their stall because oftheir aggressive nature. My son was grabbed and dragged into stalls so often that he became quite upset by it.

Most of your time is spent negotiating a decent price for items. Be prepared to haggle for atleast 15 minutes each time you want something. I must admit I am a shopaholic but I was so sick and tired of haggling that In the end I just gave up buying anything. The Market has womens, mens and childrens clothing and shoes. Jewellery, prescription glasses ,which they will make up for you in 40 minutes, bags, silk products, tailors who will make up suits and shirts within 24 to 48 hours. you name it and you are likely to find it at the market. Expect to pay about 30% of the original asking price. After all the toing and frowing with price haggling you will be sick of hearing things like.." you're killing me..."

Busy as a bee?

by mke1963 about Hive

Misleadingly described as the 'Lady Street' area, the bars along the south side of Liangmaqiao Lu have not generally been popular with the more discerning tastes of Chinese and tourist visitors alike.
The plethora of neon lighting, poor service, poor quality and spitoon mentality of these bars make the area reminiscent of those sad bars you see in small-town China.
Things may be starting to change though, as bars like Hive appear on the scene.
Instantly recognisable by the sheet metal box covering its outside terrace, it is bringing a more stylish character to the neighbourhood.
Those fed up with the trampish hipness of Houhai or the tackiness of the Cantopop-laden Sanlitun may enjoy Hive for a change.
On the terrace, the thousands of holes drilled in the sheet metal provide daytime shade, but let the breeze through, and also keep out the endless stares of passers-by.
Hive is often empty, so it is not a place for people-watching, unless you are happy watching the comings and goings at the bus-stop outside. But it is a good place for a beer and a chat, away from Kenny G or Celine Dion.

Comments