China People's Palace Beijing

China People's Palace
Agoda.com Ctrip.com Hotelsclick.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Beijing

It's Official!  A Real Chinese 4 Star Toilet.It's Official! A Real Chinese 4 Star Toilet.

look from shan mian pavilionlook from shan mian pavilion

Me at the Summer PalaceMe at the Summer Palace

posepose

Beijing to Ho Chi Minh

Hello.
What would be the most economical and efficient way to travel from Beijing to Ho Chi Minh (Saigon). Do you recommend a certain airline?
Thank you in advance for your help.

by barefootonbeach

The most economical airine should be AirAsia. You have to get to Tianjin as AirAsia dos not have flight at BeiJing. The flight is to Capital of Malasia. You can transit to Saigon at there.

by bambalouni

Thank you for your fast reply.

by cochinjew

I agree about Air Asia. They have a direct flight from Tianjin to KL, and right now they are advertising a fare of 100 usd from KL to Tianjin, another 100 would get you to HCMC, so for under 200 usd you can get from tianjin to HCMC and none of the other airlines would come even close to it
www.airasia.com has a fare advertised for 600 cny tianjin to KL

by vtwoo

Yeah, Airasia is an economical option to Vietnam. Besides that, you may consider train if you are OK to a long hour rocking train.

by bambalouni

Thank you. I thought about the train but It would take at least 3 days out of my vacation.

Thank you.
I will check it out.

Travel Tips for Beijing

Living with the locals in Beijing

by tjtjjenson

For those of you attempting your first trip to China or Beijing, my word of advice: don't go as a tourist but go and blend in yourself with the culture. The family who hosted me was more than amazing. I was there in early March (first timer in Asia). But everything the family did for me was warm enough to make me feel at home. I had my own room with a view and an ensuite bathroom. It was luxury accommodation actually. Fully furnished with a comfy couch and cool plasma TV. It was a 3-bedroom apartment and only two of the family members lived there so it didn't feel crowded or anything. The parents and brother live in another apartment about 15 mins away. Besides a place to stay, food was the other winning point for this homestay. I was fed so much Chinese and Western food I i think I must have put one quite a few pounds after the trip. The Peking duck dinner was lovely. The chefs came out with the whole duck and demonstrated how the meat was cut. Also, there was this hotpot dinner we had at home. Interesting dishes where we cooked our meat and vegs in the soup. The family did all they can to make sure I didn't go hungry and that I tasted all the food I could while in Beijing. On one of the evenings, the parents taught me how to make dumplings. I thought I was pretty good at it.
Next, it was the sightseeing trips I was taken to. What I did was I told the family what I was interested in seeing and they came up with a rough plan and after taking in my feedback and input, we firmed up my trip itinerary. I got to see the Great Wall (at the less busy section), Chuan Di Xia village (courtyard houses), the Forbidden City, Red Snail Temple, Ming Tombs, The Sacred Path, a few local parks. And the whole time transport was in the family's super awesome and smooth SUV. What more can a girl ask for?:)
Other activities provided were Mandarin lessons in the evening by the daughter who also works as a part time Chinese teacher. Tea ceremony was cool too. We were drinking and learning Chinese simultaneously at one point. The uncle taught me some calligraphy but I was untrainable having flunked all my art classes in the past. He wrote my name in Chinese so that I could frame it and hang it next to my closet back home.
All in all, if you're looking for similar experience, I'd highly suggest doing a homestay and would recommend this very wonderful family. Write to them if you're interested. kent_a1977 at mail dot com or prettyw31 at yahoo dot com

There are a lot of places of...

by gogogigi

There are a lot of places of interest.
Frist,Beijing is an old city.It has been the capital of China since Yuan Pierod in the 13th century.So you can't miss the royal palaces and parks.such as the Forbidden City(where empiors of Yuan,Ming and Qing pierods lived in),the Beihai Park(the royal garden in Yuan),the Summer Palace,the Tiantan Park(build in honor of the Heaven),the Great Wall(dated from 200BC),
the Tian'anmen square(world's largest)and so forth.
Second,Beijing is an important commercial center in China.Wangfujin Street and Xidan are good places to go shopping.
Third,there are a lot of delicious Chinese food.Beijing Duck in Quanjude chained restaurants are one of them.
Last,there are many famous universities.Peking and Tsinghua have beautiful campulls.
Third,there are On the Great Wall.

Evian Mineral Water Atomiser

by Tina-Perth

I take a can of Evian spray with me every time I fly, sometimes I find the air on the planes to be so dry that my throat and nostrils begin to burn and my skin and hair dries out. I just spray the Evian into the air and onto my face for instant relief. It also comes in handy for cooling down when you're out and about in a hot climate. It was very hot whilst climbing the Great Wall, but a spray of Evian was very refreshing.

The small, light and inexpensive can fits into any bag easily. A travel must-have.

Go beyond the wall

by SirRichard

When you go visit the Wall, there are a few kilometres restored where most of the people go, real crowds in summer!!
But if you go a bit further, the wall begins to be a bit ruined, tourists don't dare to go so far, and you can end up being totally alone at the original wall, surrounded by woods and nice landscapes... anyway, it takes a few kilometres to get there, but is worth the effort!

For the Jazz Enthusiast

by Jennie_Ng about CD Jazz Club

We walked all the way from the sanlitun station... kept looking for the CD Jazz Club, and finally found it. Some of the players are corporate workers (removing their Jackets and ties), unwinding their evening by playing us a song or two. It was wonderful to travel this far, and get to listen to live Jazz music. Casual

Comments