Chong Wen Men Hotel

No.2 Chongwenmen West Main Street, Chongwen District, Beijing, Beijing Region, 100062, China
Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 27% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Chongwenmen Hotel Beijing

3 Days in Beijing

by ikira

Hi Vts

I am going to have 3 days in Beijing city 20, 21,22 OCt my flight is on 23 morning. Can recommend acco. that is near subway station, near to airport and tourism spot (like tian an men). Btw, coz I just frimed up my plan bit rush to do details study.. can recommend some itinerary? Btw, what is the best way to visit beijing? backpack or by taking package tour? any travel agent to recommmend? Can we hire a persona guide trhoughout the 3 days trip? Hope you guys can advice me.. Looking forward for yours good news.

See my Beijing page for more tips!

by Confucius

The airport is far from downtown, so you probably don't want a hotel out there.

Chongwenmen Hotel, Novotel Xin Qiao, and Yue Xiu Hotel are all next to subway stations. There are some cheaper hotels in the Qianmen area.

Search the VT Beijing forum for a recent question about a 3 day itinerary. See my reply there and then go to my Beijing page for more ideas, such as visiting Panjiayuan on the morning of October 21 or 22.

Backpack tour of Beijing? Do you mean independent tour? You can do most places on your own. A package tour would include a guide for 2 days, and then perhaps you can do a separate tour for the Great Wall.

RE: 3 Days in Beijing

by ellyse

What's your budget like for accommodation? So many places to be staying at in Beijing!

RE: 3 Days in Beijing

by gkitzmil

You will find the subway is convenient and I do think taxis are too expensive. There are many hotels in many prices. If you can make a Chinese friend you can get the local price and not the tourist price at a hotel. I have had Chinese book my hotels. For an intinerary I must say don't miss: 1) the Great Wall, 2) Tiananmen square, 3) Forbidden City 4) Temple of Confucious, 5) Summer Palace 6) Fuchengmen temple

RE: RE: 3 Days in Beijing

by clairegeordio

I am going to Beijing soon and I have booked the Novotel Xin Qiao directly on the Novotel website, which seemed cheap compared to prices I have paid anywhere else! It is near Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City, not too far to walk I believe.

1st Time to Beijing in mid-Dec 08

by anniewong

Hi, I'm Annie fr S'pore. Will travel Beijing for 7D6N for holiday myself,hubby and a 12yr. Please suggest hotel near (not more than 15min walk in winter time) subway station, shopping area. Prefer Wanfujin area or Chaoyang area but others good suggestions welcome. My budget not exceeding 400yuan/night(incl tax & service charge). Thank you forummers...

by coolkirkland

I know one hotel I stayed at called the Novetel or something like that and it is near most stuff and right next to subway. Im not sure about price, but im sure you can find a deal.

by yangzhigong

you will come in Dec next year? it seems no need to order the hotel before 1 year, if you come to Beijing this winter, I recommend Chong Wen Men hotel, just at the top of subway and near Wang Fu Jing.

by itrek

I stayed in Howard Johnson once, it was OK. Clean, safe, good breakfast. Like all these hotels it's kind of boring and soulless. It waslocated right next to that central train station and the metro was just around the corner. 15 min walk to Tianamen square or 2-3 stops by metro, I think.

by ellyse

December 2008? Or do you mean 2007?

by anniewong

sorry guys, I mean to travel this yr 2007. Thanks.

by ellyse

As usual, my recommendation would be for Tang Yue Hotel.
Downtown Backpackers (http://www.backpackingchina.com) is also a pretty good choice.

Comments