Courtyard 7

Tags

Luxury Travel Family Travel Budget Travel
See Amenities
Miloshme's Profile Photo

Feel secure and relax. Beijing's best.

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 1, 2015

I arrived from the midnight transfer of the High Speed train from Shanghai. It was well after midnight and the noisy bustle of Nan Lou Gu Xiang (one of the busiest and most popular hutongs) was drowning in silence. My taxi found the hutong without problems based on the directions (in English & Chinese) that Courtyard 7 had provided when I booked. There was no booking fee, but they were always prompt and helpful in providing any information or verifications that I needed before I arrived. Because I wanted an early start to my first day in Beijing I didn't bother to book for the night and was only checking in later in the day. It only has 20 rooms, but is extremely convenient and I always felt right as rain whenever I stepped foot into Courtyard7. The lovely people on night shift provided me with a small bed in the restuarant to catch a few hours sleep and when I checked in later they had upgraded my booking (no extra cost) to a lovely little room (#2) with a small private courtyard and every amenity that you would find in any 5star hotel: hairdryer, combs, caps, gowns, water, fridge etc etc. My bags were already placed in my room before I had checked in. Zhang Mi was wonderfully helpful (maps were out and we were writing all over them) in planning my day ahead before I caught a few snoozes. They do not push tours or anything (and there are no vendors hocking stuff outside their front door), but have information and availability for anything you do need. Payment for many of their tours can be made on your hotel bill at the end of the stay so there's no need to gather extra cash. They arranged a guide for tickets for an acrobatics show and reliable taxi's to the Great Wall. Nothing was too much trouble (eg: writing directions in chinese to restuarants or selecting the right metro route) and everything was done with a smile. Rooms were clean and comfy if a little smaller than what you would be used to in a lux Radisson room and showers are always hot. I would recommend Courtyard 7 to anyone. It was centrally located right off a popular hutong where there was a great night life and shopping opportunities. It was around the corner from the metro, a small supermarket and close enough to a main city street where taxi's could easily be found. They had bicycles freely available for guests who wanted to travel through the streets like the locals, ringing their bells to get the people to make way. They also made special arrangements for a late check out. I doubt my time in Beijing would have been as enjoyable had I not stayed at Courtyard 7. Business sized cards with clear directions in Chinese back to the hotel and contact numbers are available at reception.
The courtyard has over 400 years history, and is located in the most popular area in Beijing.
Directions
1.They can offer airport or station pick up service. A sedan costs 280RMB and a van costs 400RMB.
2.If you want to take a regular taxi, do ask the taxi driver to use the meter. Normally, a regular taxi to our hotel is around 120RMB from the airport, around 70RMB from Beijing South and West Railway Station.
3.Since most of the time, vehicles are not allowed to come through from the south entrance of Nan Luo Gu Xiang Street (one way street), please print the following Chinese characters to show to the driver.if the driver still can not find the address, please ask the driver to call our telephone number is 86-10-64060777.

Unique Quality: centrally located: close to metro, close to taxi, close to supermarket
extremely easy to travel to any of the main Beijing sights from the hotel
friendly and helpful staff that spoke good english
reasonably priced tours
maintain many traditional aspects of a chinese old courtyard

Directions: A regular taxi, or airport/station pick up service. Maps can be downloaded from the website. Or catch a train to Nanluoguxiang stop on line 6 exit E: walk about 600m then turn left into the 8th street down. The hotel is has red lanterns around the door.

blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Great location, staff and courtyard

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 22, 2013

This Hutong is located in the Dongcheng District just off South Luo Gu Lane.

Once you are on south Luogu lane you have to be alert to see which side street to turn down. Things can be very crowded with people. Your taxi will not drive you exactly close to the Hutong. They would typically drop you at either entrance of South Luogu lane and you have to walk. More likely than not, your taxi driver would have know idea where exactly Courtyard 7 Hutong is. My driver had to ask several people just to find South Lougu Lane. Very surprising considering the number of people both Chinese and tourist, that go to the area.

I arrived late at night. I lucked out finding the right street and fortunately the Courtyard 7 has hanging red lanterns and a 24 hour desk attendant. The Hutong is a classic. Once through the entrance at the front desk, you walk through a stone circular arch to a small courtyard. To the left is the dinning area. To the right is the festooned entrance to the main courtyard and all the rooms. The hotel can sleep up to 40 people.

I had room number 4. It is considered a typical Hutong room, very small with a traditional canopy bed and very limited furniture.

Unique Quality: Although the room is small, the amenities are top notch. Shower was always hot and cleaned everyday. Breakfast was included with my stay. As usual with courtyard hotels, the bed can be a little stiff if they have the traditional canopy type bed. The staff was very helpful with writing direction in Chinese in case I got lost.

My favorite thing about Courtyard 7 was the location. I could walk to all the popular attractions and restaurants without trying to deal with a taxi.

I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I go back to Beijing.

Nearby Courtyard 7

Courtyard 7

• Courtyard Hotel 7
  • Courtyard 7 Hotel Beijing

Address: No.7 Qian Gulouyuan Lane, Dongcheng District, Beijing, Beijing Region, 100009, China

10 Photos of Courtyard 7

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Courtyard 7

• Restaurant
  • Business Services
  • Free High Speed Internet

Beijing Travel Forum

Need advice about Beijing, China? Visit the Travel Forum for Beijing and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Beijing hotel reviews