FuramaXpress Hotel (Beijing Yansha)

No.39 Maizidian West Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, Beijing Region, 100026, China
Agoda.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 25% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about Beijing

by nomad7890

I need to get a Chinese visa for my trip to Beijing this October - I am only going to Beijing for less than a week this trip, so I presume this is a single entry visa. My passport expires in August of 2008. A few questions:

- I live in Orlando - does anyone know of a Visa service where I can obtain the visa?

- If I'd rather apply for the visa myself, where would I apply for it if I live in Orlando?

- Very silly question ... mainly confirmation. Does the period of the visa start upon arrival in China, and I presume there is a date by which this visa expires -regardless of arrival, so if I ask for a 30-day visa, there may be a date when this visa expires even if I only arrive a few days before the expiration. (Hope this question makes sense). Or do they just assign a date range when the Visa is valid, and it is your oblication to insure you adhere to the 30 days. Or do you have to visit within the date range you're given?

- Would I have any problems if my passport expires within 8 months of arrival and I arrive in October - I am only going there for less than a week.

- How long does this visa take ... am asking because I would like to book my flight, and prices are going up - so just want to make sure that if I book a flight for mid-October, my visa will be ready by then.

Thanks for any feedback.

Nomad

Re: Best service in Orlando to obtain Chinese visa -plus- comments if passport expires August 2008

obligation ... typo

by Lacristina

The mChina embassy website says you only need 6 months left on your passport. Unless you apply in person, you'll have to use an agency, they don't allow you to mail in a visa application. The Chinese have designated a specific office for residents of each state; since you live in Florida, you would have to go in person to Houston, TX.

For an agency, I can recommend www.travisa.com. My company uses them and I've used them personally. They are very organized, answer the phone when you call, and give speedy service. You can save a little money by enclosing a prepaid Express Mail or Fed Ex envelope (i.e. has to have a tracking number) and waiting for the regular 5-day processing.

Read all the instructions carefully - i.e. you need a photo, a computer generated copy of your flight itinerary, two copies of the visa application, etc. And be sure to send it to the correct Travisa office. If you don't want to buy a ticket first, you could buy a ticket from an airline that allows you to cancel in 24 hours without penalty. i.e. buy a ticket online, print out your itinerary to mail in with your visa application, then cancel the flight.

You can find the requirements on the China embassy website, http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/ , and on Travisa's website.

I just got a multiple-entry visa, good for one year, but it begins on the date they processed the visa, even though my application said I wasn't leaving for almost two months.

by nomad7890

Thank you Cristina! I will contact Travisa.

BTW I travel to Pittsburgh occasionally. My manager's office is at 11 Stanwix, right where Stanwix ends at the river.

Martha

by Lacristina

I used to work in that building - for about 10 years!

Thanks Ex-Mainer!

Cristina - small world! I also run - or impersonate a runner, but if I don't have room left for my shoes when I travel I just use the bike at the fitness center. I know, the shoes should be the first in - but I hate to have too much luggage!

Nomad