Green Park Hotel

Tags

Budget Travel
See Amenities
kilroy238's Profile Photo

Spend an extra $10 avoid this place.

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 31, 2007

Checking in was not a problem. I paid for everything up front for 2 nights 500RMB. Then found out the deluxe rooms have computers so I upgraded to a room with a computer for an extra 100 for 2 nights. Speed was ok at night slow during the day it was 30 rmb for 24 hours access.

The people desk staff seemed nice, except when people started throwing my passport around. They spoke English fairly well. Walk to the room was short. The floor was typical for a 2 1/2 star disgusting and stained.

My bags were heavy so even though I have learned there is no tipping in China I decided this kid should get something for the effort. I didn't have much on me only 100's and a pocket full of coins . I put down a stack of about 7 coins he told me that it wasn't enough!!! I was a bit shocked at this after living in Tianjin for almost 19 months. I told the kid sorry All I have are 100's and this he pulled money out of his pocket and said he could make change for me. At this point I was pissed and told the kid to get out with nothing. He stormed out of the room not even bothering to shut my door.

I was 1/2 ready to carry my bags downstairs and say the hell with this place but it was late so I just went to bed. AC works well bed felt comfortable but the laundry soap they used made me itch all over. The floors of the room were clean and nice. The view from my window was of stagnant water and a very dirty roof.

Next morning bright and early they called and woke me up asking me when I am checking out. I told them I wasn't going any where till tomorrow. She said I need to come down and pay for last night. I don't know if they were messing with me because I pissed off the bellboy or if their record keeping sucks. I told them I already paid. She muttered something in Chinese a quick thank you then hung up. A little while later someone else called and asked me the same thing told them the same thing and went back to bed. On the third time I was now pissed again so I took receipt downstairs to ask WTF.

Unique Quality: Con't from above.

At the front desk I stood there for about 10 minutes while she looked stuff up and made phone calls. Then handed me back my receipt and said a quick sorry and thank you.

I am white so I must be rich right. Next I asked about going into town they wanted 400 for a round trip or 200 for 1 way. Now what the price should be I don't know but the ride from Tianjin to Beijing is 250-300 how can from the airport to the city be 200. I just walked around the area instead. I didn't eat at the hotel restaurant because I figured they would just screw me too.

I found a nice local place when you walk out turn left and it is on the left. They have pictures on the wall of the food which was helpful. Food was very very tasty for 15rmb.

I only hope in the morning when I check out there will be no more problems. I won't be using this hotel again regardless of how easy check out is however.

Directions: Very close to the airport

Nearby Green Park Hotel

Amenities at Green Park Hotel

• Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Free Parking
  • Business Services

Beijing Travel Forum

Need advice about Beijing, China? Visit the Travel Forum for Beijing and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Beijing hotel reviews