Green Tree Inn (Beijing Tiantan Nanmen)

No.12 Tayuan Community, Dongtieying Street, Fengtai District, Beijing, Beijing Region, 100075, China
AMOMA.com Asiatravel.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Beijing

bbrr......still snow late afternoon!!bbrr......still snow late afternoon!!

Marble boatMarble boat

birds nestbirds nest

Olympic StationOlympic Station

Beijing in July 2008

by stlim

Hi
I will be travelling to Beijing alone for a week from 24 July 2008.
Any other single travellers who will like to explore Beijing together?

by Oliya11

Hi there! I will go to Beijing this July also. My friend will help me arrange an apartment(like the hotel room, with a kitchen, but cost less),the car service(Mix--3 people), and an English speaking tour guide. So I would like to find 2 people share the fee with me. Are you interested in this?

by lozolo

hey, i could be your guid here for free, i am a english learner.see that? i just want to practise english. the most important thing is that i am so familar with the Summer Palace, if you went there, call me! i am free on weekend, and it is so happy to make friend with you.Bejing is a such beatiful city,many hight-light places you have to enjoy before life end.hahaha,have any question about beijing? just ask me,my email: lozolo@hotmail.com . welcome to beijing!! by the way my name is Leo, living in Haidian distict of beijing.

by lozolo

by Hulmer82

I will also be in Beijing during July. My boyfriend will be working duringthe days so I will be alone. I could be interested in doing some tourist stuff.

Travel Tips for Beijing

Winter

by nepalgoods

Winter in Beijing is mainly very very cold (-15 to -25 degrees Celcius) and dry. Sometimes thick yellow clouds, which bring the sand from Gobi desert, disturb daylight. Even nowadays the air is full of the smell of the coal dust briquettes, which some people still use for heating and cooking. But when the sky is clear, then the light is excellent for taking photos.

In winter the lakes and canals are frozen and give the opportunity for skating.

It very rarely snows. But when it snows, there will be big traffic chaos and it will be difficult to walk around as the snow is not brushed away soon.

Absolutely recommended: Chinese Beer!

by rui_bijie

Chinese beer is much more tastier than ever expected! Another pro: You can get a 0.75 liter bottle for only 4 Yuan!

One of the best brands: Yanjing.

P.S.: Be aware! Alcohol loosens your tongue. You run the risk of authenticating some prejudices. Especially beer drinking girls are not common at all in China. (Me and another girl were almost kicked out of university after a funny evening at the university campus ...)
Of course this doesn't mean that we regret anything :-)

Skiing again.

by cksea

For someone from a tropical country like me. Seeing snow is just soooooooo unusual. I am impressed with the snow falls, the snow mountain, the cold weather and skiing.
To ski and see snow falls worth all my money and effort to be in Beijing. Thank GOD, life is soooooooooo beautiful!!!

Bargaining

by emoja

It was simpler than I expected to bargain.

All I did was ask for the price, and then cut it down about 75 to 50% (you'll quickly get a feel of how much you can get away with). If they refused that price, I walked away... and 9 times out of 10 they called me back and sold me it to me at that price.

If you want something BADLY and walking away doesn't work, just come back and try another price.

Be quick about it - if you spend too much time haggling, other vendors will notice and suddenly you'll be surrounded by people trying to sell you stuff.

Also: try bargaining at the malls. Just because there's a price tag on an item does not necessarily mean the price is fixed.

Let someone drag you around

by jonkb

Not that it's any good way of getting around. It's just different. Being dragged around in a two seated sofa tied to a bicycle is just not usual for a westerner. If you cannot find anyone around hotels or tianamen square you'll probably find them between the bell tower and the drum tower, or better yet: take out a map and let them find you.

Comments