Hanting Hotel (Beijing Xizhimen)

No.14 Zhanlanguan Road, Xicheng District, Beijing, Beijing Region, 100044, China
Hanting All Season Beijing Xizhimen
Agoda.com Booking.com Ctrip.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Beijing

A calligraphy brush for a souvenir?A calligraphy brush for a souvenir?

Zijin ChengZijin Cheng

againagain

tea pot!tea pot!

Where Courtyard house in Beijing?

by cartergogogo

Where Courtyard house in Beijing?
I hope to see it in the winter,please tell me more, thanks!

Re: Where Courtyard house in Beijing?

by seeto88

The best place to see Beijing's Courtyard house is in Hutong.Here is the full info of best preserved Hutongs in Beijing.Check it yourself.
Dongjiaojinxiang:http://www.yoyoor.com:8081/travelchina/Beijing/sightseeing/126_sightseeing.html
MenkuangHutong:http://www.yoyoor.com:8081/travelchina/Beijing/sightseeing/127_sightseeing.html
Bada Hutong(Eight Great Lanes):http://www.yoyoor.com:8081/travelchina/Beijing/sightseeing/128_sightseeing.html
Baihuashenchu Hutong(deep in hundreds of flowers):http://www.yoyoor.com:8081/travelchina/Beijing/sightseeing/129_sightseeing.html
Xiaoyangjia Hutong:
Yangfang Hutong:

Travel Tips for Beijing

Summer

by nepalgoods

Summers are very humid in Beijing. It is hot and it rains a lot. Heavy thunderstorms clear the sky. But airpollution and humidity will give you headaches.

The emperors and nowadays the people, who can affford this, leave Beijing in summer to spend their time in cooler places like Chengde or at the sea in Qingdao or Beihaiguan.

Liu Niao

by jane307

From Qing Dynasty, The children of Ba Qi (Eight Flags) got a interest, that was Liu Niao. What is Liu Niao. Let me tell you. when peace started after war, we didn't need fight. So the Ba Qis had lots of free time, that time, Liu Niao began. They feed bird(Niao) in the beautiful cage, enjoy the voice of the bird. Now, local Beijingers succeed to that traditional, every morning, they take their birds to the park or hurst, enjoy the song of their birds and compare which one it's the best, the owner of the winer is proud. The birds are lark, throstle, cuckoo and so on. Now they are protected animals by the nation. The goverment said the person who feed them now and before can still feed, but the bird market couldn't sell them now. So in the 2008, it maybe disappear.

Go fishing after visiting the Great Wall

by josieling

Might be a little hard to do. But if you can get your hands on a local driver (foreigners are not allowed to drive in Beijing), then ask him to take you to the fish farms near Simatai Great Wall.
There you can join the locals in fishing for salmon or other fish in the ponds and have them prepare it for you-sashimi, steamed or fried! Gotta speak Mandarin though.

Crazy efforts

by traveloturc about Cloisonne

Cloisonne have originated in Beijing during the Yuang Dynasty and become prevalent during the reign of Jing Tai period (1450-1456) In the Ming Dynasty.Its typically named "the blue of Jin Tai" as blue was the dominant color of enameling..
Making of cloisonne involves quite elaborated and complicated processes such as
Designing
Base hammering of copper
Copper strips inlaying
Enamel-filling
Enamel -firing
Polishing
Gilding
Chinese artisans constantly improved and enhanced the techniques of producing extraordinary products any souvenir if its more than 1000 usd you can bargain otherwise you have to accept the price

Soft Sleeper from Beijing to Xian

by Chrissy50

When I was in Beijing just over 2 years ago on arriving I asked the hotel if they could organise my train tickets to Xian, I wanted Soft Sleeper tickets on the overnight train. I was staying in Beijing for 6 nights and they said it was not a problem and would get it done and it was not a rush, in the end it was done just a couple of days before you wanted to travel, without a hitch. At our hotel the man who organised it for us also got his Wife (who speaks english) to go with us in the taxi and take us to where we needed to be, escort us to the platform and into the train. We were not asked to pay for this service but we gave her the return taxi fare plus extra. We were truly grateful for her help especially after arriving at the station with hundreds of people going in all directions. She took us to a waiting room for foreign tourists. We did get a shock when we were taken to the correct carriage by her to find 2 young men allready there, luckily they spoke quite good english and even though they were there first volunteered to take the top bunks for this we were truly grateful - I was travelling with my girlfriend who is 61 and I was - 55 - so you might understand our gratitude.

The help we received from our hotel was wonderful.

The bunks were very comfortable, however if I do it again, and I hope I can, I would book 4 bunks and leave 2 unused, I forget what we paid but it was not a lot compared to Australian prices.

Another tip would be, if you want to have a meal in the dining section then as soon as you have setteled go to the dining area and grab a table, we went when we heard that you would now be able to have a meal and when we got there had to wait for a spare table. Other tourists who came after us had quite a long wait. There were a couple of tables where the occupants were really setteled in for a good night so the turnover was not as you would expect. You could say that was bad luck that night however they were not tourists and seemed used to taking the train, I had the feeling that it was not a one off and were possibly regular users of the service and found it better than trying to socalise in the compartment.

It was a really good trip.

Comments