1 Dong Fang Road, Beijing, Beijing, 100027, China

Agoda.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• DV8-SPY's Profile Photo

We got a fantastic rate at the...

We got a fantastic rate at the Hilton Hotel. It is in a pretty good location, never more that a 30 RMB (at most) to anywhere at beijing. It was located near shopping restaurand, and close to the airport. It is generally quieter than the more central locations.

And of course, it was upto Hilton Standards, if not more.

There were holiday inns near by as i was told, but after all the horror stories we heard from co-workers, it was best we avoid it.
    we were originally booked in as an airline rate which was 89.00 us per night...however upon arrival we found out that they do offer a winter rate of 85.00 us per night. so we took that instead, as I can still accumulate my Hilton HHonors points.

Unique Quality: They have all the facilities you would expect form a hilton.

More about Hilton Beijing

How to reach the International Airport?

by suzuki13579

To reach the Beijing International Airport from downtown Beijing, tourists tends to use a taxi.
But it's expensive (around 70-130RMB, depending on the starting point) and sometimes you have a trouble with the taxi driver due to a communication difficulty...

So I recommend you to use a limousine bus.

Here's the procedure to ride on the limousine bus.

1. Find the bus station
In case of Xidan->Airport line, here's the station list. (Airport->Xidan line stops other bus stops, but you can only get off at those bus stops)
* Xi-dan
* Dong-Zhi-Men
* San-Yuan-Qiao (Min-sheng Bank Building near Hilton Beijing)

In Dong-Zhi-Men and San-Yuan-Qiao, you have to carry your baggage in your seat, because you can deposit your baggage only at the terminal bus stop.

2. Buy the ticket at the stall near the bus stop
* 16RMB / ticket
* You don't need a reservation. It's okay to buy the ticket just before riding.

3. Show the ticket to the bus driver on your riding

4. You'll reach the International Airport in 30-60 minutes.

MY CHINA EXPERIENCE...

by coceng

"BEFORE GOING..."

For this year, I'll be going to China !
Read about China since my schooldays, when I was studying in a Chinese primary school, natch.

Some of my friends have been to China. Some like it, some don't.
According to them China is dirty, rude, polluted, chaotic.

I somehow TRY to overlook these well-known trademarks of China because I want to see the country NOT to meet anybody there.
But of course I have to deal with those people, don't I ?

I tried to get in touch with some local Chinese, they replied but knowing that I am not one of those WHITES (not handsome & not rich!), they were not sure in meeting up. Typical.

I have a good time in planning for this trip.
China is so vast !
I planned to see the western part as well, but the more I read about China, the more I realise that there are the attractions to be seen in the north, the east & the south as well.

I jotted down many places, it's fun...the spellings are the same but different pronunciations.
I know this ! I can speak Chinese. Fluently as well. I speak only Mandarin though.

My friends just smirk, according to them even if I could speak all the languages in China, I would still get cheated !

Thanks friends ! I take that as a warning, NOT on my Chinese-speaking skill !

I'll be in China for 3 weeks.
I want to see some cities, old or new.
I want to see ancient villages, the old bridges, the old river...the aged-old smells.
I want to climb at least one mountains.
Which one ?
Wait till I come back.

I want to see Beijing. I want to see Great Walls.
I want to see Xi'an. I want to see Terracota Warriors.

Still, I want to make this trip as slowly as my previous trip to Uzbekistan.
I planned many places but I'll see them according to my moods...or if my budget allows me to do so.

Wish me well.

"AFTER COMING BACK...."

I always wanted to see China.
I was studying for 6 years in a Chinese Primary School so I was learning their language, their culture, their people, their ancient sites, their history, their pro's & con's...etc etc.

A million years later...(yes, I'm that old!) finally I was there, for 3 weeks.

Moving around was pretty convenient. People in general understood what I was saying & I got compliments everyday when I said I'm not Chinese but I knew Chinese/China because I learned it at school in my home country.
I was very humble when I said that I had forgotten many words & Characters in Mandarin; Ask me to read & write, it's a no-no; Ask me to speak, yes I still can...I could get by.
They all laughed when I said this !
It's a good feeling when the locals can understand what you're on about.

I had like 1 year to plan for this trip.
I actually planned the whole of China in 3 weeks then I realised it's not possible at all.
The more pages I browsed, the more webpages I perused, China has so many things to offer !

So, I streamlined to just the South of China.
More scenic pictures for my cameras then ancient sites which are situated in the North.

A few months before I set sail, somebody wanted to join me in Beijing.
I was not that interested to reach Beijing, as I thought I could wait till next time.
From my original planning, the furthest north of the destination that I would reach was about 48 hours away from Beijing (by train & bus, according to my trusted guide books anyway...).

Honestly speaking, luring into staying at Hilton Beijing & Sofitel in Xian probably made me consider to be there for this trip !!!
Why wait for another year to climb up The Great Walls ?
Why wait for another movie to see The Terracota Warriors ?

So, I reached Beijing...with my small daily budget eaten up buying multiple train tickets to be there.

LITTLE DID I EXPECT, THE LUXURY THAT I EXPERIENCED TOOK ITS TOLL ON MY LAST DAY IN CHINA !

Anyhow, my first destination in China was Guangzhou (Please click on it).

In general, to me China is a great destination !
It has opened its door even more wider every year.
The locals seem so happy about this & the tourists are willing to spend even more to see the well-protected sites all over China.

THE ONLY QUALM IS THE LOCALS PAY THE SAME ENTRANCE FEES AS THE TOURISTS & THEY ARE NOT CHEAP ! WHY THE LOCALS WOULD PAY THE SAME AMOUNT IS A (GOOD) SIGN THAT TOURISM IS A BIG BOOMING BUSINESS IN CHINA !

Students start to learn English & some of them really want to be tour guides as if that's the only way for them to speak English ! (Chuckle !)
It seems that the young Chinese have their own vision for themself !
They should have that vision indeed !

Me could talk their language makes it easier to delve into their psyches.
Nevertheless in Guangzhou, Macau & Hong Kong...it was hard finding people to speak Mandarin because most of them speak Cantonese !
I speak not a word of Cantonese !

My muse over this is "Well, I studied in a Chinese Primary School...& we were not allowed to speak Cantonese ! So I only learned Mandarin at school then...You know, the teacher would knock our head real hard if we talked in Cantonese !"
They just smiled & nodding their head, agreeing to my story.

True, China has many many many people but it's so easy to get away from them...
There are scared mountain hiking trails, scenic ancient villages where things haven't changed for the last errr... 50 years or so.

Places are well connected but sometimes tickets should be bought days in advance.

Hotels are catered to all kinds of budgets but be prepared as some mountains charge extortionate amounts during their peak seasons, but still use the word 'budget'.

People in general are friendly (well, if you can speak their language...& learning Mandarin is freaking hard !). I find them to be honest but take the usual precautions anyhow.

Yes, foreigners coming to China, met up somebody on The Net...asking for a lot of money blah blah blah...is still exist !

I dunno, if you feel good about giving money to strangers...why not ?
Life is short & sharing your wealth is a good thing.
Well, it's not the giver isn't it...but the receiver.

A lesson on life :
When we receive free money, it makes us feel good.
It makes us not aware of mishaps that might happen next time.
It makes us rely on the givers instead.
Well in life the givers are called SPONSORS ! (Chuckle !)

Ironically speaking, I experienced this big time when I was in China !

I had to beg somebody for my flight ticket home !
I was stranded at the airport because I missed my flight back to KL.
When I got the ticket, it was such a relief...like I was just being pardon from getting the noose ! Ha ! Ha !

Laugh I maybe now but it was the plight of a receiver to a giver !
I'm glad that I understand the concept af asking a lot of money for help...

Well, I can see that somebody is rolling her eyes ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha !

Still, that's life !
Live it while you still can.
Money isn't everything but friendship is.

Okay...as usual, if I feel good about uploading my photos & videos (lots of them !), you get to see them on VT or elsewhere on The Net.
If not only my friends & family will ever see them at all.

For sure, I will come to China again !
I move around easily in China; I'd still like to meet people, to talk to them...to know their country, to tell them about my country.

Let see where my trip will take me next time !

Oh, by the way...there are SEX SHOPS in China !!!

SHOPPING IN BEIJING AND SHANGHAI

by lfrappia1

I ONLY ONE FREE DAY IN EACH CITY TO SHOP. NOTING THIS LIMITED TIME, WHAT'S THE BEST PLACE TO HEAD?

I WANT FAKE LUGGAGE AND PURSES. PASHMINA. PEARLS AND PROBABLY MORE STUFF I DON'T KNOW YET HA HA

ALSO, BEST DIM SUM WITH CARTS FOR BREAKFAST EACH DAY? I LOVED DOING THAT IN HONG KONG!

RE: SHOPPING IN BEIJING AND SHANGHAI

by beijingguy

So, one day to shop in Shanghai, one in Beijing. Sorry, can't advise you on where to shop in Shanghai(I've done it, but can't remember the name, nor how to get there) but in Beijing, since you're looking for fakes, along with pashmina and pearls, why not head for the Pearl Market, also known as "Hongqiao." It is close to the Temple of Heaven. Taxi drivers should all be familiar with the market if you call it by it's Chinese name. Your hotel can also right the name down in Chinese characters for you to show to the driver.

As for dim sum, it is possible to get it in Beijing, but mind you, dim sum is actually a Cantonese speciality, most popular in Guangdong and Hong Kong. There is a great "order as much as you want" dim sum at the Hilton Beijing for 68 yuan per person, plus 15 percent service charge. Quality is good and atmosphere classy. I believe it's available every day during lunch hours out of their Cantonese restaurant on the second floor. Enjoy!

RE: RE: SHOPPING IN BEIJING AND SHANGHAI

by lfrappia1

thanks. just got back and the pearl market was super. also shopped at the night market in Xian next to the drum tower just for souvenir stuff. Yangxiang market in Shanghai was awesome. the best prices of the whole trip BUT beijing had more and better selections.

the China Discovery 10 day tour was much better than we expected even. we had a wonderful trip. already planning a return.

SHOPPING IN BEIJING AND SHANGHAI