No.8 Wangfujing East Street , Dongcheng, Beijing, Beijing Region, 100006, China
Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Hilton Beijing Wangfujing

Superp, would not recommend anywhere else to stay

by TripAdvisor Member CPHANMER

I had a lovely stay in the Hilton Wangfujing for 9 nights in June. The hotel is situated 2 minutes from the Wangfujing shopping area and is a short 5-10 minute walk to either Wangfujing or Dongdan metro station. The staff are especially polite, speak good English and are always ready to help you in any way possible. We had breakfast included within the price and it had every possible option ranging from a typical American style to traditional Chinese. The newly opened pool is very elegant especially at night. I did not get around to try the gym but it looked to have a variety of equipment. We tried the hotel bar for one drink but like most hotel bars the price is very high. As I did not have my laptop I used the business centre, it is a bit pricey for the internet, about 3 pound per 10 minutes. I would definitely recommend this Hotel, the location is perfect and other than the cost of the internet/drinks I cannot fault it one bit.

Exceptional Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Traveling_Lady_2004

My son and I stayed at the Hilton Wangfujing for 3 days. We had a great time in BJ. The staff at the hotel was friendly and spoke English well.. The hotel room is beautiful . Our room was large. The bathroom was wonderful, there is seperate shower, and a large tub in the center of the bathing area for those who like bathes. A small TV is mounted in the wall .(.to relax in the bath and watch your favorite program). There is a large screen TV to watch in the room as well as one in the area over the desk (total of 3 tv's in the room) The bed is comfortable and plush. If you are a Gold Member, on the Executive Floor breakfast is served daily as well as afternoon tea time and evening drinks and snacks. There is a computer for your use or if you have your laptop free wi fi.
The staff at the hotel goes out of its way to help you.
We had a driver to get to the hotel, however on the way back to the airport we used a taxi.cost between 110 -120 yn. Very near the hotel is a shopping mall and on the other side is a pedestrian walk way to stroll with shops along the way. We took a tour so I cannot say how far it is to the Forbidden City or Tenneman Square, but it seem close. I would like to say a Special Thank You to the Executive Housekeeper Selena for the tips she gave us concerning the Markets in BJ. She took time to write out the information for us in English and Chinese.
I did not eat at the hotels at the resturants or use the gym.

Excellent Location but Very Expensive Restaurants

by TripAdvisor Member mccrackt

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Wangfujing on Hilton points for 9 nights in April. The hotel is new and construction is not completed to the mall adjoining the hotel. Also, the pool and spa were not open at the time of our stay. They said another month or two until it would be open.
The hotel's location is perfect just behind the Wangfujing walking street with a large shopping mall just next door that has six floors of shops and restaurants. If you cut through the mall, you come out on Wangfujing. The mall has a Pizza Hut, McDonalds, Dairy Queen and Starbucks if you crave American food while you are away. The Beijing hotel at the end of Wangfujing has an Outback steakhouse and is a five minute walk away. The rooms are very large and clean. Crabtree and Evelyn bath products are provided. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Everyone at the hotel spoke English, so it was not a problem.
The only issue that we had was with the cost of the restaurants. The breakfast buffet was not included in our room even though I am a Diamond member with Hilton. The first morning we went down to the third floor for breakfast and, while the selection was good, it was also $35 a person. The next morning we opted for danish and juice from room service which cost $24. The Chynna restaurant was very good, but it was $100 for a basic meal there as well. The only thing that was reasonable was the drinks in the bar which also had live music most nights.
Overall, this is an excellent hotel choice as it was a ten minute walk to the Forbidden City and you had a lot of restaurants and shops very near by. I would suggest either getting breakfast included or going to the adjoining mall to Starbucks or the French Pastry shop unless you eat a very big breakfast. For dinner, the Western Sichuan restaurant in the Oriental Plaza mall was very good and quite reasonable for the quality.

Great Experience

by TripAdvisor Member Pushpesh

I have stayed at No.8 Wangfujing East Street , Dongcheng, Beijing 100006, China for 4 nights. The hotel is magnificent and I have never experienced such incredible service before in China. The rooms are very well layed out and I stayed on the executive level with its own concierge and club lounge. The breakfast was lovely, fruits, continental spread with cheeses fruit pastries etc. Restaurants were great and was the room service and housekeeping.
Overall I would say this is the best hotel I have every stayed in China on business. I would strongly recomend this to all on business and also on holiday / vacation. This is just 2 miles away from the famous silk street, toys market and other shopping areas.

Nice Hotel, good location, small gym

by TripAdvisor Member LiangShanBo

Stayed for 2 nights in April 2009 for business. Typical nice Hilton in Asia. Big rooms. Rubber duck in the tub was a nice touch. As invited to by the tag on it, I took it home and my daughter liked it too, although she wanted to know why it was purple.

Hotel is located behind mall on the famous Wangfujing walking street and about a 25 minute walk to the Forbidden City (5 minute cab ride if no traffic). Close to lots of malls. To access Wangfujing, you just walk through the mall to the street during business hours. The closest mall has a Starbucks, KFC, and various Asian restaurants. Also has an expensive foreign supermarket in the basement.

Gym was the smallest I've seen at a Hilton though. Only a few free weights and treadmills.

A contemporary elegant hotel in the heart of Beijing with beautiful rooms and superb service

by TripAdvisor Member NERoth

This is a brand new hotel in the heart of Beijing, within easy walking distance of the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square. The hotel is quite contemporary and elegant. The rooms are very large with muted earth tones, wood floors with carpets, spacious marble bathrooms, and friendly, helpful service. Indeed, the entire staff seems to go out of its way to be helpful. The Executive Lounge on the 16th floor is well stocked with food and alcohol (no charge) and the hotel has a good selection of restaurants (the Chinese was superb). The rooms rates by U.S. standards are moderate, as were the rates for concierge arranged private tours. The hotel is a bit hidden off a main street, but if you have the hotel desk at the airport write down the address in Chinese the taxi driver should have no problem finding it.

Faultless

by TripAdvisor Member christinak02

My family and I stayed in the Guest Deluxe Plus Rooms and it was just gorgeous. The staff here are amazing and breakfast is very delicious!
The shower here is brilliant and the bath is extremely relaxing!! My kids loved the purple ducky and played with it through out our holiday!
The beds are great and the curtains work a treat - no sun!!
We also had an airport transfer and it was very smooth and efficient!
It's less than 2 minutes away from all the shopping and the nicest hotel we stayed in while we were in China!

i

Great hotel - Great location

by TripAdvisor Member xmarksx

We stayed five nights this month (June 2009) and were quite impressed with the hotel, location and staff. As previously mentioned, it is in a great location for vacation travelers. The APM mall is immediately next to the hotel with a higher-end pedestrian mall just outside the APM. Both APM and the higher end pedestrian mall have great eating and shopping options (note, the night market with its crazy food vendors selling bugs and other vomit inducing fare is nearby).
This is a new hotel with great amenities, nice indoor pool, acceptable workout facility and several expensive restaurants. If possible, upgrade to the club level for free breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails with appetizers. Otherwise you will most likely eat at the mall or other lower priced areas near the hotel.

Excellent location, facilities and services - highly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member Lahoretraveler

I stayed in the last week of June 2009 while attending a conference. The location is excellent - the pedestrianized Wangfujing street and malls are a pleasant locality to stay in. It is a ten minute walk to the Wangfujing subway station and about 20 minutes to the Forbidden city.

The rooms are spacious and nicely furnished; the bathrooms are large with separate shower stall, commode and bathtub. All usual facilities [safe, minibar, internet etc] were of high quality and in good working order. The breakfast was excellent with wide choice of items. The staff was courteous, helpful and fluent in English.

For visitors requiring halal food, there were a number of eating options within a short walk.

All in all, a very positive and pleasant experience.

stay here!

by TripAdvisor Member HawaiiAlohachina

The staff spoke excellent english, and the rooms were excellent. Air conditioning was great. The location is awesome. You can walk to the shopping mall in 2 minutes, eat at the many restaurants there. Or go through the mall and out to wangfujing st. And shop, shop, shop. The rooms are very quiet, and the noise from the streets are never heard. The breakfast is excellent. I have never seen such a large spread. And no matter how big your appetite is, it is not a problem. There is a nice gym, pool, and sauna. My friends had no trouble finding the hotel, and the staff were nice in assisting them in finding me. My friends being local chinese told me the staff treated them very nice, and they admired how beautiful the hotel was. The pictures I email to my friends in the USA thought I got them out of magazine. But nope, that was the room I got. Unbelieveably beautiful.

chinese translation

by bingbong59

we going from australia to china in august and i would like somebody to give me the chinees for DOUBLETREE HILTON HOTEL and also the adress in chinese 168 guanganmenwai ave .hope somebody can translate and i can print it out . thanks in advance bob

by MikeySoft

I googled it and found this map with Chinese on it. The map is a little small.

The second link had the name in Chinese.

by bingbong59

thanks ,but still cant find it written in chinese

by MikeySoft

Can you read the Chinese characters on my "Local Customs: Chinese Toilets" tip for men, women?

if not, you need Chinese charters installed on your computer. This is a free and short download from Microsoft should you have MS Windows

by MikeySoft

Follow the below instructions if you have XP. I don't know how to do it with Vista but it should be similar. I do not know about a mac.

Control panel, Regional and Language, Languages, check box – Install files for East Asian languages, OK

by johnmperry

That's really only if you want to type Chinese in. If you just want to view, than go to any Chinese website, e.g. 163.com and IE will ask if you want to install Chinese.

By the way, VT doesn't subscribe to international coding, so even though I can type in Chinese characters, they can be viewed by other people only with dificulty.

Try this:

by bingbong59

thanks for all your help .much appreciated I emailed hotel and got them to send name in chinese .should have thuoght of that first

by ellyse

Email me at ellyse99@yahoo.com and put "VirtualTourist" and your own username (eg bingbong59) in the subject line. I'll send the Chinese characters to you in a JPG file. VirtualTourist can't really support Chinese characters in text.

Comments