Home Inn Beijing Sanlihe

More about Beijing

On The Great WallOn The Great Wall

...and forth...and forth

certificatecertificate

a smoking area in a public buildinga smoking area in a public building

Unusual tourist

by bing3001

First time in Beijing and would like to spend a day or two in a village near by that is more like the real China.

by ellyse

Anywhere in China is the REAL China... much more so than yourself. -_- Perhaps you meant rural China?
Have you perhaps heard of Chuandixia/Cuandixia?

by funnybird

1 Chuandicun is a good place for you to explore the rural China. It is about 90km away from Beijing city. The courtyard residency of this ancient village has been specially built in the valley. It is another type of the Hutong courtyard.
2 You’d better bring a local guide to avoid the language barrier if you don’s speak Chinese well. And an admission fee about 20RMB is also needed.
3 If you are interested in China rural places, you could click on this website http://www.chinaprivatetravel.com/responsibletours.htm ,more information is available here. Hope you have a good time in China.

by funnybird

I have typed wrong the name of village Chuandicun. It should be chuandixia(Chuandixia village)

Travel Tips for Beijing

Cute little malnourished puppies : <

by sugarpuff

Unfortunately I can't change the title on this...as it's certainly NOT my fondest memory...but it's something I want to show you.

In just about every subway underpass you will find people selling things, from flowers to dvds to food and finally to animals. These include rabbits, gerbils, little chicks and puppies. I passed a guy the other day and like EVERYTIME I pass one of these guys, it broke my heart to see he had a bag full of the cutest puppies in the world ready to be sold. They treat them so badly pushing and shoving them back in the bag if they try to escape until you hear them yelping in pain. Then when you stroke them and show them a little love, you realise just how starved they are, poor little mites. I asked how much they were and they guy told me 60yuan...about 4.50pounds. And when I said I wasn't interested, he went down to 50yuan, thinking it was the price I was worried about!!!

Everytime I see these dogs being sold I want to buy one to help it, but a) I live in a rented apartment and I don't think my landlord would approve and b) it wouldn't be fair on the dog as Im away filming quite often and Charles leaves Beijing now and then too. And what if we wanted to go travelling Or when we leave China, whenever that may be...it's just not fair on him..or her!

Another problem with them is that many of these animals probably have an array of diseases, and I've been told many die soon after being bought.

Playing Hackey-Sac China Style

by Mel&Mike

Mike enjoys playing JIAN with people. The Chinese are always amazed to watch him since he does all sorts of tricks. They clap and cheer him on.
A jian has long stiff feathers which are attached to a stack (1cm) of small cardboard disks. People play in the park or anywhere they can find space. You will see people of all ages playing. They usually play in a circle and it's passed from person to person.
Yeah I haven't quite got the hang of it yet :)

St Joseph's Church

by Paul2001

St Joseph's Church is actually the first of Beijing's "attractions" that I visited during my stay there. This is probably because I stayed next to it. In fact I could see the backend of it from my hotel window. The church was originally build in 1655 with a grant by the Emperor however because of it's rather tragic history, it has been many times rebuilt. The original church was destroyed by an earthquake in 1720. In 1812 it was gutted by a fire. During the anti-foreign period of the 19th century it was razed to the ground. During the last half of that century it was again rebuilt. During the Boxer Rebellion it was destroyed for the last time(we hope) and then rebuilt in 1910. The church has a lovely setting over a tree rimmed square that is popular with skateboarders. The church is only open for morning services. I visited during this time out of curiosity and found the interior somewhat austere.
St Joseph's Church is located on Wangfujing Dajie, just north of the pedestrian mall.010

Hard to Resist

by Cashee

China is famous for silk, pearls, and jade. If you like any of this stuff then bring some shopping cash. It's hard to pass up the opportunity to purchase these beautiful products when you see them.

Lion King? Korean Bar...

by karinyeung

Lion King? Korean Bar (Leath...what is the name of this place again?)
AWESOME Lemon Soju! Loved it! Casual and relaxed atmosphere with friendly staff.

The photo is of me, San, Ga and their friends! None.

Comments