Hotel G

A7 Worker's Stadium, Chaoyang District, Beijing, Beijing Region, 100020, China

More about Hotel G

The BEST HOTEL I've ever stayed in!!

by TripAdvisor Member jessliketravel

Hotel G is definitely the BEST hotel I've ever stayed in. My partner and I went to Beijing for a five-days holiday. Initially, we chose Hotel G was because of its price and its quite convenient location, it was the cheapest deal we could possibly get so we decided to stay there during our holiday.

When we arrived, though there was a little bit of drama when we checked in, it was settled very quickly. I guess the hotel was still new, their staff might not be able to cope perfectly. Before we headed to Beijing, all my friends told me about their experience in Beijing, saying that most of the Hotel staff could not even form an English sentence. So we did not expect easy communication. HOWEVER, I would say it was brilliant because their staff actually talked to us in quite fluent English the whole time. I was surprised in a very impressive way.

When we get to our room, we just can't help ourselves but said "WOW". The room was so big, so spacious and the bathroom was also gianormous. It was really nice. I guess the bed was queen-sized. The TV was a 50 inch LCD. There was also a incredibly comfy couch. And Guess what, all their tolietries were L'OCCITANE. They felt really nice on me when i was having my shower.

I remember one night, out of the blue, they send us some free dessert, it was delicious. We spent four nights at Hotel G and I think it was the best hotel I have ever stayed in.

So if you are planning to go to Beijing, I would definitely say that you should stay at Hotel G. Do check out some of the photos of our room.

Excellent boutique hotel in the heart of the action in Beijing

by TripAdvisor Member gambit76

I stayed one night at the Hotel G on my first ever stay in Beijing. As this was a business trip I did not get a chance to see all the sights and activities around the Hotel but it was clear that the hotel was well located. The trip from the airport was 20 minutes by car. The driver from the hotel picked us up and was very gracious considering he had been waiting over an hour. He spoke English but it was broken but he tried nonetheless.

Check-in was a breeze and the staff were friendly and helpful the entire time. I understand service in Beijing hotels is a luxury and not always a given. Rooms were large for a hotel in a country with a billion people. Since this was a boutique hotel I had expected smaller rooms.

The sushi restaurant was excellent (lunch) and the burger at the lounge was also excellent.

There was definitely a vibe and energy at the hotel. Overall a great stay in Beijing.

Best Hotel value in Beijing, best Hotel period!

by TripAdvisor Member PorscheNut

My wife and I went to Beijing for a short romantic getaway and to experience China. Adrianna (hotel manager) was extremely helpful and friendly. She and her staff work very hard to make sure you are taken care of from the moment you walk in the door. She even booked us an amazing acrobatics show nearby and somehow managed to get us third row center seats for around $15! We have never felt so pampered. The rooms are very modern and trendy yet warm and romantic at the same time. Very comfortable beds, and you can even choose from ten pillows that they will bring to your room! We have stayed at five star hotels around the world and are pretty jaded, but Hotel G has a special place in our heart. You just can't beat this lovely hidden gem.

Nice botique hotel but far from main tourist sites

by TripAdvisor Member Mrs.Brown.95

We just stayed for a few nights at the Hotel G in Beijing. The rooms are huge, well appointed and the beds are some of the most comfortable in any hotel I've stayed in. Bathrooms are clean and there is a separate shower and soaking tub, nice sitting area in the room, big tv, ubiquitous wireless access, and stylish furnishings. The breakfast was very good and the staff, while limited with English, was still very helpful. If I were traveling for business, I would also be very pleased.

My only real complaint about the hotel is that I found the location distant to a lot of the things we wanted to do. We couldn't walk to many places other than the Santilun bar district and had to cab everywhere. The subway is a 10+ minute walk. We actually moved hotels after 3 days so that we could be closer to the Houhai lake area, which is a very central & convenient location with mediocre hotels but a great neighborhood. (There we stayed at Guixang 20 which I also reviewed in case this is helpful to others planning out a first trip to Beijing.)

Gorgeous hotel - loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member KOinCT

Hotel G is a beautiful hotel, and for the price, an even greater treat! The staff was very kind and Kirby (the Reservations Manager) and Alex (the Hotel Manager) were so helpful and willing to do anything for their guests. Loved the breakfast - it was a combination of buffet items and a custom-order menu. The rooms were huge and comfortable - with easily the greatest, most comfortable beds in China! The gym was also very modern with the best equipment and stocked with towels, water, snacks, etc.

Check-in and check-out were also a breeze and the Japanese restaurant right next door was great as well as the restaurant right in the lobby. They had a fabulous cheese selection that you probably can't find anywhere else in China.

My only gripes were the location and how not one taxi driver is familiar with the hotel. I really had to help all of my taxi drivers navigate because none were familiar with the place. I also thought some of the clientele were obnoxious and self-absorbed. Guests would come back late at night, slamming doors and yelling down the hallways. Incredibly rude, but not the fault of the hotel.

Gem in Beijing!

by TripAdvisor Member homme88

LOCATION-Hotel G is located at Chaoyang district which is in the city centre. Taxi costs RMB80 from the airport and there is airport bus that takes you to the nearest subway Dongsishitiao which cost RMB16. Dongsishitiao station will take about 15 mins walk from the hotel. There is a local restaurant directly opposite the hotel and a pizza cafe next to it. In addition, there is convenient store just few shops away. There is Sanlitun shopping mall and bars around the area if you prefer to walk (30mins). If not,taxi rides cost RMB10. Taxi is cheap as chips in Beijing and don't try to walk if you don't know the direction. Beijing is really huge! Subway is easy to access to the main attractions and shopping districts.

ROOM- The hotel is tastefully decorated in a modern yet nostalgia appeal. Hotel exterior is illuminated in psychedelic neon lights at night. Rooms size exceeded expectation, furnished with modern furnitures,free wireless internet,LCD TV, Ipod docking, contemporary toilet with Loccitane toiletries and free drinks(marked with red) in mini bar is a bonus! The Pillow menu is worth mentioning as it is something we find special and exclusive! The hotel room stardards are really comparable to big names like Grand Hyatt or The Ritz!

SERVICE- Front desk staff are fluent in English and service orientated. We checked in at 9am and our rooms are ready. Hotel staff are groomed with stylish uniform and well equipped with necessary information such as direction,restaurants,shopping,places of interests. Breakfast are served in different chioce and taste good!

Thumbs up to Hotel G and staff ! They have perfected my stay in Beijing!

Gorgeous unusual style AND incredible comfort and service

by TripAdvisor Member SnorkelFromBeach

Hotel G in Beijing is one of the most wonderful hotels in which I've ever stayed during a business trip. I hope I can come back with my husband for a more leisurely stay.

Sometimes one-of-a-kind boutique hotels are so busy being unique that they end up not very user-friendly. This hotel has style, flare, AND comfort. The rooms are large and well-designed, with lots of storage space, a fabulous bed, no-hassle internet connection, gorgeous and spacious bathroom, and excellent work and relaxation space, I really could go on and on.

The hotel is in a very lovely section of Beijing (in or near Sanlitun/diplomatic area), on a quiet side street, with a wide range of restaurants within a five or ten minute, very safe, walk. There is also a well-stocked grocery store around the corner.

I was able to walk to and from my Beijing office, and walking home at the end of the day felt like coming home -- a wonderful feeling for a woman on a solo business trip.

Because of a very minor problem when I first arrived, too trivial to mention, the manager ended up contacting me, and showed me the warmest hospitality I can remember in any hotel. Every member of the staff who I met has been kind and helpful. I am on the road about three months a year, so this is high praise indeed.

You can read about some of the delightful amenities this hotel provides in some of the other reviews -- I won't list them all. I found this hotel via TripAdvisor, and the hotel lives up to all of the excellent reviews.

I'm not usually the kind of person who cares about "mood lighting" and other such features; all I care about is a well-lit room and well-lit desk. But I completely enjoyed playing with the "mood lighting" in the windows, in the evening!

Enough members of the staff spoke enough English to make the stay stress-free, in terms of language issues.

The hotel breakfast is terrific. I have not had a chance to try the dinner yet.

The in-room safe is large enough for laptops.

I plan to stay at Hotel G whenever I come to Beijing again, and I look forward to my next visit. I guess you can tell I love this hotel.

Great place and vibe

by TripAdvisor Member bumd168

Wonderful hotel. Very hip. Gorgeous rooms which were big even by American standards. Very comfortable beds. A little dim, but even my parents enjoyed the place. The bar was a nice scene in the evening, and their burger is great. Similar to the Father's Office Burger in Los Angeles. The restaurant across the street is also great, and very affordable if you feel like having some authentic Beijing food. Adriana who I believe is the manager was wonderful....very welcoming. They have a great thing going there. They have numerous breakfast options which are great. Some of the servers were a little confused when we had guests along for our breakfast even though we were willing to pay for them to have breakfast with us. Otherwise, great hotel, and beautiful design.

nice hotel with great service

by TripAdvisor Member digihank

We booked hotel online. Within a day, we received an email from hotel staff that we were being offered with a complimentary upgrade to a bigger room. Upon arrive at the hotel weeks later, we were greeted by friendly hotel manager Adriana, who personally took us to our room. We ate our breakfast at hotel restaurant 3 days in the raw, and I have to say those the most helpful staff I ever encountered.

Great Hotel. Very good value.

by TripAdvisor Member chezzz88

I stayed in this hotel in mid-March 2009.

They were doing a free upgrade at the time and we stayed in a "Great" room. The rates were cheaper than other older, 5 start properties in Beijing. I suspect that this hotel is at least as comfortable and convenient as these other older 5 star properties.

As has been mentioned on Tripadvisor, the beds are VERY comfortable. The room (including the bathrooms) was very spacious. There is also a pillow menu with a choice of pillows. The staff are friendly and helpful. The decor is very trendy, all plush dark tones and would in fact be perfect for a romantic getaway.

There happened to be a pub quiz in the restaurant while we were there. The pub quiz was fun and the food at the restaurant was actually quite good and not too overpriced considering the location and setting.

The location is also convenient. It is near a stretch of clubs and a very good 24-hour restaurant (unfortunately I have forgotten its name. Walk out of the hotel to the main road. It is just across the road). We took taxis everywhere. It inexpensive (there were 4 of us) and convenient. The hotel is very near the Sanlitun area which is good for shopping and nightlife.

The only downside to this hotel is that the gym and the business centre (next to each other) are very stuffy (they really need to sort out their ventilation).

Overall I was pleasantly surprised by the value for money we got. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Beijing.

Hotel G

by ozpaul

We will have four days in Beijing later this year. We have made a booking at the Hotel G. It is located at A7 Worker's Stadium, Chaoyang District, Beijing. Could someone please tell me if this is near/close to the popular attractions of Beijing? Is it a good location to stay while in Beijing? Also, are there restaurants/markets etc in this district? I have no idea about the layout of Beijing. Many thanks.

Re: Hotel G

by JohanIsWeg

Yeah, mate, pretty close. Chaoyong is due west of the Forbidden City, so you're not too far from Tiananmen Square, Wangfujing Street, Beihai Park etc. Dongcheng District is a bit closer, but you should be within walking distance from many sites and sights. Walking through the hutongs is part of the experience, so enjoy!

Comments